Author Topic: Dummies want Sarah Palin to stop picking on Letterman...  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Vagabond

Dummies want Sarah Palin to stop picking on Letterman...
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:48:36 AM »
...she's making him look bad.

WI_DEM (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:09 PM
Original message
Palin gets nasty: "best to keep Willow away from David Letterman"
 Edited on Thu Jun-11-09 07:11 PM by WI_DEM
Just heard this on ABC News regarding the Palin/Letterman feud. Palin responded to Letterman's invitation of herself and Todd to be on his show by saying it was "best to keep (14-year old) Willow away from David Letterman." She still contends, apparently, that Dave was referring to Willow instead of her 18 year old daughter in his jokefest the other night. Dave says he certainly wasn't referring to Willow. Palin also said in a statement (actually Facebook page, I think they said) that it was jokes like Letterman's that leads to older men victimizing young girls.

In effect she is calling Dave Letterman a pedophile.

Do you think Dave went too far? Is Palin going too far? Are they both too far?

What kind of pervert is David Letterman precisely?  Is raping an eighteen year old better than raping a fourteen year old?  How did we reach the point as a society where rape can be considered to be funny?  Yes, David Letterman went too far.  Then again, his audience thought it funny.  Perhaps it is better to part company with such people.

ErinBerin84  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:10 PM
Response to Original message
1. whatever
 How long is she going to carry this fight on? At some point you just need to stop responding, same with their little fight with Levi.

I notice Levi has been effectively silenced.  President Bush showed us what happens when don't respond to your slanders and innuendoes, DUmmie.  Direct engagement is better, the public can then decide who is the decent person.

tekisui  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:10 PM
2. Dave is a comedian.
 Palin looks like a fool engaging him. Stupid on her part. She is the only one with something to lose.

A comedian commenting that her fourteen year old daughter should be raped.  Either of the Palin men would be justified in beating the crap out of him in my book.

Psychic Consortium  (922 posts)       Thu Jun-11-09 07:12 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. You are 100% correct. This only makes her look foolish and petty.   
 And the more she lies and distorts, the more crazy she looks. 

How is she lying?  Did she claim Mr. Letterman said something he didn't?

TheCowsCameHome  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:12 PM
6. She should quietly go home.....
 .......to her ****ed up family.

Sarah, you just don't get it.

Her family seems just fine.  I guess you are still upset she didn't have an abortion?

regnaD kciN  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:14 PM
10. Letterman was stupid...
 He should have verified that the Palin daughter accompanying them to New York was Bristol before making such jokes. Whatever one may think of the family as a whole, Willow is a young teen who has been totally out of the limelight. Joking about her getting knocked up at a Yankees game goes far beyond just bad-taste humor. I'm sure Letterman thought the joke was about Bristol, but he should have made sure before using it. 

I take it you vote that rape jokes aimed at an eighteen year old are perfectly okay?  What a fine example of humanity you are.

Toasterlad  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:50 PM
Response to Reply #14
34. Exactly. Willow Was a Character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer 
 as far as most any American knows. Bristol's the only whorish* daughter America knows about.

*I know, I know. I tried to feel guilty about it, and then I thought of her going around to high schools preaching abstinence, and I just couldn't. 

I take it former drug addicts shouldn't tell anyone else to stay off drugs?  Bristol is exactly the right spokesman for abstinence.

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:47 PM
Response to Reply #12
32. You stick your adult daughter in the public's face, they get to comment.
 That's public life.

She didn't, ya'll did.  Ya'll went lookin into the private details of Sarah Palin's family.  Ya'll started all matter of nasty rumor surrounding her and them.  I lost any respect I had left for "progressives" after that display.

WeDidIt (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:16 PM
13. Well, that was a stupid move on her part.
 She's really stuck her foot in her mouth this time.

That's not how the klieglight game is played in politics. She just ****ed herself.

Another vote in favor of rape jokes being okay?  Some things transcend politics, DUmmie.  Letterman should have groveled.

Kadie  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:17 PM
15. I can't believe how she is using those kids! 
 She just keeps throwing them out there! It should be over and done. No more comments from them. 

So now a parent can not defend their child?

TahitiNut  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:47 PM
Response to Reply #15
29. Exactly. They've been props and diversions - exploited by HER to gain media exposure.
 She's an absolutely APPALLING 'parent' -- a horror of a 'mother.'

Exactly how does she stack up against their parent in your forum complaining that teenage girls are a pain in the ass? or the members that think engaging in sex in front of a child is A-OK?  or that seriously let their son think he is in fact female and a lesbian? or on and on and on, all right their on your wonderful forum?

Kaleva (686 posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:24 PM
17. Both
 Letterman should have done some fact checking before cracking wise and Sarah ought to just drop the whole thing after Letterman explained.

This DUmmie says rape jokes are A-OK, so long as there about an eighteen year old.

lib2DaBone  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:25 PM
18. She can run her mouth all she wants... but she can't take it...
 Wish she'd go away... far away... 

'Cause them sudden sechs jokes is funny...

LiberalFighter  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:37 PM
21. He could do jokes about how lucky Levi Johnston is in escaping the Palin family.

I could make a joke about a man who runs from his responsibilities.  I might even be able to make it funny.

Political Tiger  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:38 PM
22. A GOOD mother would have ignored it and let it go.
 A BAD mother, one that is more interested in making political gain, would make some joke told on late night TV referencing her daughter into national controversy without a single thought on how it would effect her daughter. I mean, would her 14 yr old daughter even know about the joke if her mother didn't jump on it in order to get attention? 

Rape jokes are okay.....so long as they are on late at night.

Kadie  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:47 PM
Response to Reply #22
30. Exactly.   
 She could have picked up a phone and called Letterman if she wanted to express her feelings, she didn't need to do it publicly. By doing what she did, she just threw her younger daughter in the media mess.

Yet, it was okay for him to tell his pre-written for him jokes on the same national media.

Manifestor_of_Light  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:45 PM
27. I think she's overreacting.
 She's the one who dragged her kids into the spotlight.

I assumed Dave was talking about the 18-year-old, NOT the 14 year old, since the 18 year old is the one who had the baby.

And I see nothing wrong with the term "Slutty stewardess look". She cultivated it and we know the right wingers were just slobbering all over themselves because they think she's "hot".

BARF.

How?  By having the temerity to try and achieve high office while having young children?  I seem to recall a current president that has two young daughters.  I wouldn't, DUmmies.  It wouldn't be cool for them to wind up being the butt of comedians jokes, either.

Oh, and Sarah dresses like a woman.  I know how much that scares liberal women and confuses liberal men.

DeschutesRiver (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 11:13 PM
Response to Reply #27
62. She certainly has overreacted
 and yeah, she put a lot of work into that slutty look. Shouldn't be complaining when comes back at her. Her only virtue was being eye candy for a bunch of old right wingers, and she willingly took on that role.

And nobody thought Letterman was referring to Willow - not even the Palins. They just mistakenly think this is yet another "opportunity" to be outraged, divisive and in the spotlight. Gonna backfire. 

Yep, them rapes jokes is too funny.

C_U_L8R (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 07:45 PM
28. Never get in a fight with a comedian
 especially one with a time slot.

Palin is massively out-armed.
What a dope. 

By a guy that thinks rape jokes are funny.  By people that think rape is funny when it's about someone they disagree with.

MadBadger  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 07:47 PM
31. This reminds me of the time Obama called Sarah Palin a Pig
 Dont remember that? Neither did I, but Sarah and the repukes sure think he called her one! Lipstick on that pig

Please.  Zero and everyone in that auditorium knew exactly what he was saying.

customerserviceguy  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 08:01 PM
38. I think Dave just read the jokes from his writers
 without realizing that Willow was with Sarah, and not Bristol. Bristol is fair game for jokes, but since Letterman has had a son, especially since that son was targeted by someone who worked on his ranch, Dave realizes that he made a mistake by not checking out the facts behind the joke.

He's attempting to make up for the joke by giving Caribou Barbie some face time on his show, but so far, she's too stupid to realize how much it would benefit her by appearing. He would undoubtedly issue a profound apology in person (off camera) and would issue a joking one if she appeared on the show. She'd have a bit of the upper hand, and she's too dense to realize this.

But dem jokes, dey funny.

RainDog  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 08:07 PM
40. This is why she would be a horrible president
 she is making this small incident a big one. SHE is keeping her kids' lives emeshed in this shit.

She apparently has no ability to discern what is important and what is more b.s. - what to focus on (and create a focus on) and what should just pass away in the next news cycle.

on the other hand, this does keep her in the spotlight and lets her pretend she's for something... tho, honestly, does this seem like a person you would want to deal with actual IMPORTANT issues?

Hey DUmmie, her family is important.

OmmmSweetOmmm  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 08:11 PM
41. He thought Willow was Bristol and it was a screw up but the jokes directed at Bristol
 Edited on Thu Jun-11-09 08:12 PM by OmmmSweetOmmm
are fair game since she's put her face on and is collecting bucks for abstinence. 

Funny rape jokes...

Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 08:19 PM
45. AGAIN I ask - Does this woman have nothing better to do??
 Isn't she like... the governor of a state or something?

Every other day she's on the news doing or saying something TOTALLY UNRELATED to governing a state.

Are the people of Alaska enjoying her antics?

Or do they consider her entertainment?

Yeah, sort of like a certain jug eared president.  Except you don't mind him giveing flowery, fact-free speeches.

DS1  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 08:20 PM
47. OF COURSE she makes it look like he was talking about her youngest
 when anyone with a brain knew it would be a Bristol reference.

OFCOURSE, 'cause raping an eighteen year old is a cause for laughs.

ecstatic  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 08:21 PM
49. Not surprising. This is a woman who accused Obama of being a terrorist
 in front of crowds who demanded that someone "kill him." She's a dangerous lunatic who should not be allowed anywhere near public office ever again.

He sure does associate with a lot of terrorists.  He sure does hang out with people who espouse extemist and marxist views.  You should spend time wondering about the character of such a man, DUmmie.

johnfunk (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 08:39 PM
50. Dumb move by Palin -- more fodder for Dave. And here's what makes it REALLY stupid:
 On any given day, more people are exposed to and influenced by what Dave says than what Caribou Barbie says.

Dave set this up brilliantly; sardonic but nevertheless sincere contrition. Palin responds with cheaper shots than Dave's self-admitted "cheap jokes."

Can't wait to see what Dave says tonight...

Maybe he can crack some more funny rape jokes.

pdxmom  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-11-09 08:46 PM
51. Let me get this straight. One tasteless joke by Letterman leads older
 men to victimize young girls, but the right can spew atrocious hatred and lies and it doesn't play any part in the violence we've seen against the Holocaust Museum or Dr. Tiller?

They can't have it both ways. Either words have consequences or they don't.

Except  we don't.  If Rush were to suggest that someone should "have an accident" on his show, liberals would have teh FCC climbing all over it.  Leftwingers were able to routinely call for the assasination of Bush, and that was A-OK to you.

Just Saying (16 posts)      Thu Jun-11-09 08:56 PM
56. More phony outrage from a woman whose entire national
 political career is based on it. I'm sure we all remember that she immediately started screaming "sexism" the minute she was announced as VP candidate. She continues to be a slap in the face to feminists and now real victims of sex offenders as well.

Don't you have anything to do in Alaska, Governor?

No, I don't remember that.  I do remember the nastiness that the left started and continues. 

Oh, and doesn't Zero have something to do besides cavort around in the public's jet and go out on the town in Paris and New York?

Nice bunch of feminists over there.  Apparently they find rape much funnier than any conservative I know.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:59:21 AM by Vagabond »
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Dummies wantSarah Plain to stop picking on Letterman...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:58:22 AM »
Geez...these idjits get their marching orders from Keith "Love-'em-and-leave-'em-(unsatisfied)" Olbermann and they waste no time being dutiful little stooges.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/11/olby-and-guest-on-the-letterman-saga-palins-kind-of-become-the-villain-in-all-this-hasnt-she/

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:36 AM »
I expect this from the kiddies on Skin's island.  In their world, libs should be able to do and say whatever they want without any consequences for their actions.  In fact, if there are any penalities to be paid for their consequences, it should be visited upon others and never them.  So when it doesn't work like that in the real world, you get threads like the one you found.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:45 AM »
The fact that anybody thinks that Sarah Palin looks slutty shows just how out of touch some people are with how actual women looke  :thatsright:

The DUmmies are such hypocrites. Obama's girls have been in the limelight more than Sarah Palin's at this point, but if anybody made any sort of joke about them you know there would be cries of outrage, and probably calls for the Secret Service to get involved.  DUmmies, the fact is, Willow Palin was at the baseball game, Bristol was not.  Bristol, from what I can tell, is doing  her best to be a good mother, and a good role model for young women.  If Letterman really did intend the joke to be about Bristol, then his team should have done a lot more fact checking work.  Since he failed to do so, his joke looks like it was about Willow Palin, and he has to suffer the consequences of a bad decision.  

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:23 AM »
The fact that anybody thinks that Sarah Palin looks slutty shows just how out of touch some people are with how actual women looke  :thatsright:

The DUmmies are such hypocrites. Obama's girls have been in the limelight more than Sarah Palin's at this point, but if anybody made any sort of joke about them you know there would be cries of outrage, and probably calls for the Secret Service to get involved.  DUmmies, the fact is, Willow Palin was at the baseball game, Bristol was not.  Bristol, from what I can tell, is doing  her best to be a good mother, and a good role model for young women.  If Letterman really did intend the joke to be about Bristol, then his team should have done a lot more fact checking work.  Since he failed to do so, his joke looks like it was about Willow Palin, and he has to suffer the consequences of a bad decision.  

That's what gets me.  A liberal can go so far as to commit manslaughter and be canonized as a "lion of the senate", but that was an unfortuante mistake that should be forgotten.  A liberal organizes and leads the KKK in his state, and it was a youthful mistake.  Yet, a young woman who seems to be conservative makes a mistake and faces the consequences, then tries to tell other young women not to make the same mistake is somehow a hypocrite who should not be trusted, ever.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:33 AM »
I'm just wondering what they'd be doing if Glenn Beck made a bad joke about some sports figure raping the Obama daughters.  Just sayin.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »
The DUmmies are such hypocrites. Obama's girls have been in the limelight more than Sarah Palin's at this point, but if anybody made any sort of joke about them you know there would be cries of outrage, and probably calls for the Secret Service to get involved.

IIRC, didn't the company that makes beenie babies intend on making some named after Dear Leader's kiddies and they got all upset about it and demanded they don't?  Hmmmmmmmm...................

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 08:45:10 AM »
I don't think Letterman said anything about rape, and he was not talking about the 14 year old. His jokes were in bad taste, but they were about consenual sex, not rape, with an adult.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:52:26 AM by Sam Adams »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:51 AM »
That's what gets me.  A liberal can go so far as to commit manslaughter and be canonized as a "lion of the senate", but that was an unfortuante mistake that should be forgotten.  A liberal organizes and leads the KKK in his state, and it was a youthful mistake.  Yet, a young woman who seems to be conservative makes a mistake and faces the consequences, then tries to tell other young women not to make the same mistake is somehow a hypocrite who should not be trusted, ever.

That's the beautiful ugliness (and intellectual laziness) of being a liberal.  They never set a bar, so there is no gauge.  Since there was no expectation of common decency to begin with no one can complain about their lack thereof.

This also allows the soulless creeps to browbeat with abandon we normal people who fail to always 100% of the time live up to the standards to which we should all strive.      

Offline Flame

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »
I don't think Letterman said anything about rape, and he was not talking about the 14 year old. His jokes were in bad taste, but they were about consenual sex, not rape, with an adult.

Are you really that clueless?  The 14 yr old was the one at the ballfield...the 18 yr old wasn't even in the city.  Therefore, it would be rape, because there is no such thing as consensual sex between a 14 yr old and an adult.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »
Are you really that clueless?  The 14 yr old was the one at the ballfield...the 18 yr old wasn't even in the city.  Therefore, it would be rape, because there is no such thing as consensual sex between a 14 yr old and an adult.

No, I am not clueless. My understanding from Letterman's (inadequate) "apology" is that he thought the 18 year old was at the ballpark, not the 14 year old. It's still a bad joke, but not as bad as suggesting some adult rape some child.

Ok?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »
I'm confident he meant the 14 year old.  Letterman has gone off the deep end lately.  He should have been smart enough to keep his political opinions to himself, but he's not.  Implying that a ballplayer would rape a 14 year old isn't funny except to the anti-American left.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »
I'm confident he meant the 14 year old.  Letterman has gone off the deep end lately.  He should have been smart enough to keep his political opinions to himself, but he's not.  Implying that a ballplayer would rape a 14 year old isn't funny except to the anti-American left.

Anybody have a list of his sponsors?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 09:43:10 AM »

I'm confident David Letterman didn't know shit from Shinola about the written dialog he was repeating.  I am confident he didn't care as long is it fit with his ingrained worldview and that of the worldview every liberals wants to believe we all share.  This makes David Letterman pathetic and out of touch with reality.

The concept that a "David Letterman Show" is worthy of being on the air is itself ridiculous.  The idea behind every late night "talk shows" is based on the "hip & now" relevance of its "hip & now" host.  I'm confident David Letterman is past his code date.  

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 09:52:16 AM »
Here's a quote from the AP:

"On Wednesday, Letterman denied that he would ever joke about sex with a 14-year-old girl. Joking about an 18-year-old? In questionable taste, he said — but clearly yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »
Funny all the outrage at Imus for his "Nappy headed ho" joke.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
I'm glad she fired back.  I am tired of the Republicans being gutless about any confrontation over limits.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »
Letterman's going to lie and claim whatever he has to claim in order to dodge the bullet he shot.  I doubt he'll lose any audience over it.  The one's who watch him now are either as demented as he is or choose to ignore it.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
No, I am not clueless. My understanding from Letterman's (inadequate) "apology" is that he thought the 18 year old was at the ballpark, not the 14 year old. It's still a bad joke, but not as bad as suggesting some adult rape some child.

Ok?
The "apology" was worse that the so called joke....
Letterman is an old man tryin to play like he's "hip".....And the kiddies are to stupid to see it. He's never really been funny, even when he was the weatherman...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Dummies want Sarah Palin to stop picking on Letterman...
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »
Geez...these idjits get their marching orders from Keith "Love-'em-and-leave-'em-(unsatisfied)" Olbermann and they waste no time being dutiful little stooges.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/11/olby-and-guest-on-the-letterman-saga-palins-kind-of-become-the-villain-in-all-this-hasnt-she/

I wonder if Keith Olbermann is Fred Phelp's secret gay lover. Phelps is no different from the moonbats.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 06:56:19 PM »
They have an MSNBC poll up:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8466383&mesg_id=8466383

The hate they have for the Palins is scary, isn't it?  Now they approve of statutory rape.  :hammer:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8466383&mesg_id=8466383

The hate they have for the Palins is scary, isn't it?  Now they approve of statutory rape.  :hammer:

DUmmieland is full of perverts. I bet a good number of them are registered sex offenders or posting from prison.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 11:02:44 PM »
Someone I know called Letterman out on his Facebook page over this. He had to post it twice becuse the comments "Dissapeared" immediately after posting. Then Letterman had the balls to state that the comments never were posted when in fact they were and are mirrored on the original posters facebook page. I know about this because I got both on my facebook page too.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 05:49:44 AM »
Letterman's going to lie and claim whatever he has to claim in order to dodge the bullet he shot.  I doubt he'll lose any audience over it.  The one's who watch him now are either as demented as he is or choose to ignore it.

It's doubtful he'll garner more viewers either.  I've never watched his show.  What little I've seen of him are minor clips on other programs highlighting some 'hilarity' from his program.  I failed to see any humor in them or from him.  He's always struck me as a boor and a bore. 

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 06:25:24 AM »

Supreme Court judge Ruth Bader-Ginsberger (sp) thinks the age of consent for girls should be 12 years of age.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin