Author Topic: Who will it be? Ohio State or LSU?  (Read 7389 times)

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
Who will it be? Ohio State or LSU?
« on: January 07, 2008, 03:26:57 PM »
First off, as a Wisconsin fan, I will admit to my Big Ten bias (Go Bucky!!)

I really think this one's going to the fourth quarter, as I see them pretty evenly matched.

It's probably my heart talking, but I predict:

Ohio State - 33
LSU - 31
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Who will it be? Ohio State or LSU?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:59:40 PM »
Ohio state.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
Hmmm..... I think it may indeed be LSU who takes it all, but I'm hoping that it will be Ohio State.

My former neighbor, who is a wickedly superstitious OSU fan, has finally decided that she will watch the game with us at our house.  Up 'til now, she refused to allow anyone other than card-carrying alumnae anywhere near her during an important game.  Last year, she owed me a batch of her famous chili-dip, so she called 10 minutes before kick-off and said her husband would be leaving it on my porch, and under no circumstances were we to allow him in our house where, she believed, he would contract some sort of bad-luck cootie.

We greeted him with a cold beer and had him inside in under a nano-second.

We diviulged this to her after the Buckeyes lost, and it took her a week to speak to us AND her husband.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:52:12 PM »
LSU- 28
Ohio-21

Doubt that's what it will be, but I predict LSU will come out on top, but barely.  I think they'll fall behind early, but catch up later, as they are known to do.  :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MASHLover

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »
OSU 24
LSU17

OH  IO
formerly Striker

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »
Ohio St. 160
LSU -28.  :tongue:

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »
Ohio St. 160
I gather that makes you one of those jerkoffs who say "THE Ohio State..."

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »
Ohio St. 160

Nah, just giving LSU fans shit.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »
Ohio St. 160

Nah, just giving LSU fans shit.  :-)

Your job is to rise to the bait.  I am from Los Angeles so everything east of Pacoima is "One of those Eastern Schools."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 10:09:05 PM »
14:00 to go in the 4th quarter.  LSU 31, OSU 17.  Not looking too god for OSU.

:popcorn:

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »
Ohio St. 160

LSU 38-OS 24. The Tigers gave the Buckeyes 2 black eyes and became National Champs.

They will have a good team next year but I don't look for a repeat; look out for 09 because I think they will win it again when all world high school QB Perrileau gets a year under his belt. I think he will be better than Marcus Russell who went to the Raiders as their #1 pick this year. 

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 07:19:39 AM »
Well, that was ugly.  :bawl:

Next time I'm predicting, I'll let the head do the talking.

There's always next year.   :hyper:

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »
Ohio St. 160

LSU 38-OS 24. The Tigers gave the Buckeyes 2 black eyes and became National Champs.

They will have a good team next year but I don't look for a repeat; look out for 09 because I think they will win it again when all world high school QB Perrileau gets a year under his belt. I think he will be better than Marcus Russell who went to the Raiders as their #1 pick this year. 

That I think was one of the worst draft picks in history.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »
You're too cruel, Kevin. :bawl:

I need .  :beer:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
Although my team choked, I would like to SEC have the balls to bring their asses up to the northern states to play.

Syracuse(ACC)--scheduled this year originally and one of the SEC teams(can't think of who we were tentatively scheduled with) both cancelled games with Ohio State in the REGULAR season. This is what drives me crazy about the strength of schedule thing. If some of these teams did not drop out(thankfully PAC10 normally honors their commitments) the 'strenght of schedule' thing could be laid to rest and there would be less argument and clammering for the playoffs(which honestly I'd like to see since I still think USC could have handed anyone their asses at the end of the season).

I still think LSU is overrated and would have got knocked out by a couple of other teams in a playoff, but enjoy your victory--if it's tainted when we win it, then it is for you guys too without a playoff.  :-) :tongue:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »
Although my team choked, I would like to SEC have the balls to bring their asses up to the northern states to play.

Syracuse(ACC)--scheduled this year originally and one of the SEC teams(can't think of who we were tentatively scheduled with) both cancelled games with Ohio State in the REGULAR season. This is what drives me crazy about the strength of schedule thing. If some of these teams did not drop out(thankfully PAC10 normally honors their commitments) the 'strenght of schedule' thing could be laid to rest and there would be less argument and clammering for the playoffs(which honestly I'd like to see since I still think USC could have handed anyone their asses at the end of the season).

I still think LSU is overrated and would have got knocked out by a couple of other teams in a playoff, but enjoy your victory--if it's tainted when we win it, then it is for you guys too without a playoff.  :-) :tongue:

:sosad:

The SEC would gladly play the Big-10 in regular season. It's the Big-10 that won't play the SEC. Kinda like the same reason the Rose Bowl committee didn't want their precious USC to play UGA, they wanted to blowout the Illini because the Illini beat OSU. There isn't a team in the Big-10 that could have handled UGA or LSU, and they'd have had a time with a few others.

As for the Strength of Schedule, there's a reason that the SEC, as a whole, is consistently the toughest in the country in terms of raw strength and schedule. To put it bluntly, SEC teams don't need to schedule tough OOC opponents.  Maybe the Big-10 should try it. That way, when they do match up with a #1 or #2 SEC team, they won't get their asses handed to'em again. They need the experience. That #1 rated defense was only #1 because of the way they played against their opponents and, as it was shown, that statistic didn't really help'em.

Oh well, still love ya.  :cheersmate: :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »
I was busy, really busy, last night, and so didn't see the game, and I haven't read the newspapers yet.

The interest in the game, for Nebraskans, was how Bo Pelini's outfit operated for Louisiana State.

Did they do good?

Does it look as if Nebraska made the right choice?

For the record, I think Nebraska made the right choice, no matter if Bo Pelini's outfit at Louisiana State did good or bad, but I'm curious as to someone else's "take" on this, someone who actually saw the game.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »
I was busy, really busy, last night, and so didn't see the game, and I haven't read the newspapers yet.

The interest in the game, for Nebraskans, was how Bo Pelini's outfit operated for Louisiana State.

Did they do good?

Does it look as if Nebraska made the right choice?

For the record, I think Nebraska made the right choice, no matter if Bo Pelini's outfit at Louisiana State did good or bad, but I'm curious as to someone else's "take" on this, someone who actually saw the game.

Don't know Frank. I kinda got out of the fortune telling business when Ole Miss hired Ed Orgeron, who was pretty much Pete Carroll's "Jimbo Fisher".  :banghead: Ed Orgeron, also a defensive guy, was a disaster at Ole Miss. I know there are many dynamics that come into play, so it could go either way. Just give him time. I'm sure this win won't hurt his recruiting.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
UGA is already publicly whining about the BCS system.    :lmao: :rotf:  What a crybaby they have for a college president.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3186858&categoryId=2564308&n8pe6c=1

The BCS won't go away easily, as it IS a cash cow for many.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »
"I like [the BCS system] the way it is-I really do. They've tweaked the BCS every year. That's all right, so long as we know what the rules are when the season begins. I think there's enough integrity in those human polls that I think everybody's gonna vote what they think is most fair."
Georgia Coach Mark Richt
on the BCS standings,
Gwinnett (Ga.) Daily Post

"I think college football has the most exciting regular season of any sport because there is not a playoff system. The whole season is a playoff system. I don't want a playoff system."
Georgia Coach Mark Richt
on why the BCS is better than a national playoff,
Gwinnett (Ga.) Daily Post

Suck it up, Georgia.

You had no problem with it when Auburn was screwed....yes, screwed.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:07 PM »

LSU used to play teams like Notre Dame but I guess they got tired of getting beat in the regular season and in the Sugar Bowl. Syracuse played LSU in 1965 and lost when they had their 3 time All American running back, Floyd Little. You know how may yards he gained? 46 on over 20 carries. I think it's not that teams in the SEC  do not want to play teams in the north: it's the other way around.

Nothing tainted about LSU being National Champs; only in the minds of those whose teams that did not win it. There is a playoff system; it's called the BBC and it's a much better system than what we had before.