Author Topic: ***Rally and Protest at Letterman's Studio, Monday, June 15***  (Read 2018 times)

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
:angryvillagers:

From Hillary's Village:

http://www.hillarysvillage.net/grand-central/17210-action-alert-rally-protest-outside-lettermans-studio-monday-june-15-a.html

There will be a rally/protest against Letterman on Monday June 15th in New York City outside the Ed Sullivan theater, just as Letterman starts taping his Monday episode at 430pm EST.

This is the sort of thing Al Sharpton would organize each and every day against CBS if Letterman had made disgusting racial remarks, instead of a “joke” about the statutory rape of a 14 year-old girl by New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez.

The New York rally needs as big a turnout as possible — and Tea Party style, we need to organize rallies in other major cities going forward too, all aimed at the local CBS affiliates.

Does your town have a CBS “window on the world” style studio where the morning news is broadcast with an open window looking out to the street? If so, head over there with signs condemning Olive Garden, MARS Candy, and Kelloggs for supporting the statutory rape of minors by way of sponsoring Letterman’s program.

Scare the living daylights out of Letterman’s advertisers, get them to drop this show, and CBS will then be forced to deal with Letterman once and for all.

Don't let the website fool you, it's very Democrats-in-exile-anti-Obama-PUMA  :cheersmate:  Hope it's okay to post here,  because they're also very pro-Palin :-)

Offline Tess Anderson

Re: ***Rally and Protest at Letterman's Studio, Monday, June 15***
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:05:35 PM »
Do you post there, Seabelle? A friend of mine that lives down the road here does - she's an "Indy" that did vote for McCain, though - she says that board is very good because they promote any woman in politics regardless of ideology. Of course, that gets Janet Naploitan and Kathleen Seblieus in the net when you do that, but it seems quite a good site for activism in particular.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 07:19:07 PM »
I still lurk at several PUMA sites - I'm glad to see that most of them have kept the spirit alive.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »
First Amendment at its finest.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline seabelle

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
Do you post there, Seabelle? A friend of mine that lives down the road here does - she's an "Indy" that did vote for McCain, though - she says that board is very good because they promote any woman in politics regardless of ideology. Of course, that gets Janet Naploitan and Kathleen Seblieus in the net when you do that, but it seems quite a good site for activism in particular.

Yes I do :)  And I do support "qualified" women in politics, HV is my comfort zone.  They rock !

Offline seabelle

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
I still lurk at several PUMA sites - I'm glad to see that most of them have kept the spirit alive.

PUMAs rawk.  http://dailypuma.blogspot.com/

The GOP should pay attention to them, because they certainly ain't Dems anymore  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »
PUMAs rawk.  http://dailypuma.blogspot.com/

The GOP should pay attention to them, because they certainly ain't Dems anymore  :cheersmate:

The GOP has it's own PUMA faction growing within it's ranks - and is apparently oblivious to the fact.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
Has Alex Rodriguez made any statements about this?  I wouldn't want to be called a rapist on national television even in a joke.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
Has Alex Rodriguez made any statements about this?  I wouldn't want to be called a rapist on national television even in a joke.

That's a very good point, sir.  I wonder . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »
You beat me to it. I was just about to post that very thing.
Alex Rodriguez has a right to be furious... :hammer:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 06:06:22 PM »
You beat me to it. I was just about to post that very thing.
Alex Rodriguez has a right to be furious... :hammer:

You have to get up early in the morning to beat Undies.   :innocent:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »

Maybe we need to start posting that question on sports message boards.  :fuelfire:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »
CBS airbrushes Letterman's Willow Palin rape joke out of transcript
The remark was aired live, but CBS removed it from the transcript it makes available to media, including the New York Times, which publishes Letterman’s opening monologue on its blog site.

:whatever: I wonder if YouTube is next.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
Even with the new 0bama economy, there will be work for Winston Smith.    Especially with the 0bama version of reality.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!