Author Topic: Guns Suck!  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Guns Suck!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
That is a bunch of crap!  If the founders had wanted to limit the reach of the 2nd amendment they were smart enough to word it to just a militia.

The 2nd says a well regulated militia AND the right of the people. 

The BOR was not to limit the powers of the PEOPLE but the GOVERNMENT and any prof. who doesn't understand that needs to take History 101.

KC

Exactly.   What was funny about the class is that the ones defending the 2nd amendment were female(3, including a friend of mine who is very outspoken on the subject...don't piss her off, that's all I will say :lmao:) , and the whiny anti-gun freaks were guys (a couple of hippies) .  LOL 

I think my prof needs to stick with just teaching GEORGIA history(which is what the class is SUPPOSED to be about), and leave the rest of the US out of it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 05:55:11 PM »
That is a bunch of crap!  If the founders had wanted to limit the reach of the 2nd amendment they were smart enough to word it to just a militia.

The 2nd says a well regulated militia AND the right of the people. 

The BOR was not to limit the powers of the PEOPLE but the GOVERNMENT and any prof. who doesn't understand that needs to take History 101.

KC

Ask this prof. WHO is the militia.  As a GA History prof. she should know what is in the states constitution.  Most of the state constitutions say all able bodied males ages 17 (or 18) to 45 (or 65) are in the states militia and can be called up to help defend the state/country as needed.  They will also be required to provide their own arms.

I was once sad because I saw a man with no shoes, then I saw a nation with no arms!   :lmao:

A Senator in Vermont several years ago wanted to put a luxury tax on any resident who did NOT own a firearm because they were going to need to be protected by those who had firearms in the case of an emergency.  hmmmm I don't think he called it a luxury tax.  I may have to google that for ya.

KC
Exactly.   What was funny about the class is that the ones defending the 2nd amendment were female(3, including a friend of mine who is very outspoken on the subject...don't piss her off, that's all I will say :lmao:) , and the whiny anti-gun freaks were guys (a couple of hippies) .  LOL 

I think my prof needs to stick with just teaching GEORGIA history(which is what the class is SUPPOSED to be about), and leave the rest of the US out of it.
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »

Ask this prof. WHO is the militia.  As a GA History prof. she should know what is in the states constitution.  Most of the state constitutions say all able bodied males ages 17 (or 18) to 45 (or 65) are in the states militia and can be called up to help defend the state/country as needed.  They will also be required to provide their own arms.

I was once sad because I saw a man with no shoes, then I saw a nation with no arms!   :lmao:

A Senator in Vermont several years ago wanted to put a luxury tax on any resident who did NOT own a firearm because they were going to need to be protected by those who had firearms in the case of an emergency.  hmmmm I don't think he called it a luxury tax.  I may have to google that for ya.

KC

Well, I don't think she will be continuing the discussion.  She, in the middle of the rant, realized she was going so off course, that she killed the discussion right then and there, and we got back on topic again.   

But if the 2nd amendment becomes an issue again in the class, I will say something.   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »
For the lurking DUmpmonkies.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7736/scan0005vt0.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7717/scan0004wl8.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1299/scan0003rv7.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3720/scan0002cw1.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7424/scan0001ds6.jpg?s=1

I could care less if you think guns are the bane of all thats good or not. I have no intention of being a victim of any crime just to make you jackholes happy. If the press in this country were truely honest you would see just how much more often guns are used to stop violent crimes then to commit them. Most gun owners rarely use thier guns for anything more dangerous then target shooting or hunting but there have been more then enough used for self defense that as others here have said ,"It's better to have one and not need it then to need one and not have it".

What'dya have, a shotgun?  :lmao: :bolt:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »

KC

Well, I don't think she will be continuing the discussion.  She, in the middle of the rant, realized she was going so off course, that she killed the discussion right then and there, and we got back on topic again.   

But if the 2nd amendment becomes an issue again in the class, I will say something.   :cheersmate:

If she brings it up again, ask her why she feels people should be defenseless.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »

KC

If she brings it up again, ask her why she feels people should be defenseless.

Oh, I already know what she thinks about that issue.    It's one of those naive "oh, I'm sure we can talk this out" kind of things.   :mental: :thatsright:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »
Oh, I just saw this...

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #30
33. I shot a gun once in my life...I hit bullseyes from 50 yards with a hand gun...

Aim down the sights...squeeze, don't jerk the trigger...

Couldn't be simpler.

Bull-****in' shit. I'm sure the Dummy was about 10 feet away, missed completely and pissed himself and dropped the gun after the recoil.

First time shooting, I sucked. We had these targets up where it's a bullseye (10 pts) and the outer rings of that being 9, 8, 7, and 6.... Out of 6 shots, I might have got a 20. I'll have to dig 'em out if I still got them to be sure, but I know I wasn't ****in' no Pat Flanigan my first time at the range like this piss poor excuse for a human being is saying.

Found it..

This was from 10 yards away too. Told ya it sucked.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 01:28:28 PM »
Oh, I just saw this...

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #30
33. I shot a gun once in my life...I hit bullseyes from 50 yards with a hand gun...

Couldn't be simpler.

Bull-****in' shit. I'm sure the Dummy was about 10 feet away, missed completely and pissed himself and dropped the gun after the recoil.

First time shooting, I sucked. We had these targets up where it's a bullseye (10 pts) and the outer rings of that being 9, 8, 7, and 6.... Out of 6 shots, I might have got a 20. I'll have to dig 'em out if I still got them to be sure, but I know I wasn't ****in' no Pat Flanigan my first time at the range like this piss poor excuse for a human being is saying.

Found it..

Good enough for Government work. Close enough to center of mass to inflict severe chest trauma and slow up  the threat.

And I hate to say it, but it's scads better than most cops shoot after training.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 01:32:09 PM »
Oh, I just saw this...

Response to Reply #30

Couldn't be simpler.

Found it..

Good enough for Government work. Close enough to center of mass to inflict severe chest trauma and slow up  the threat.

And I hate to say it, but it's scads better than most cops shoot after training.

Not good enough for my dream job.... Government Assassin.  :-)

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
These work better and you can make it look like an accident a whole lot easier. ;)