Author Topic: Blogging: We're Doing It Wrong  (Read 1893 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Blogging: We're Doing It Wrong
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:13:45 PM »
Purviewing the various and sundry blogs offered by our members leads me to believe we're doing something wrong...namely we're doing it seperately.

We need to come up with a set of editorial guidelines, i.e. different categories (economics, foreign policy, military, humor &c) and who is assigned to that category and do one massive conservative blog.

Ace of Spades HQ is a good example of a multi-author blog living in perfect harmony.

As a general idea people can submit their names for consideration for and by voted authorship privileges and which categories they will generally (but not exclusively) write for. Open posts or special guests can contribute, submissions taken at anytime.

Even as foul-mouthed as I am I would be willing to maintain a PG-13 level of writing if asked for the sake of a greater effort. We have members here who have editorial experience.

It just seems a pity for Blog A to get 50 views and Blog B gets 30 views so on and so forth when together they could get combined traffic.

Feedback?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Blogging: We're Doing It Wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:24:20 PM »
Blogs blogs blogs.  Do people really have that much to say?  I guess it's all lost on me. 

:innocent:

Offline thundley4

Re: Blogging: We're Doing It Wrong
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
It seem like a good idea to me.