Author Topic: Obama can win GA in the GE.  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Obama can win GA in the GE.
« on: February 19, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »

Let me say this is not happening.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=146x5313
Laelth  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 10:56 PM
Original message
Obama can win GA in the GE.
 I can hardly believe I am writing this, but recent events lead me to believe that Obama can win Georgia in the general election. Of a total population of 9,363,941, and a voting-age population of 6,910,600, fully two million of those turned out to vote in the Georgia primary (an unprecedented 29% of the voting-age population). When the combined totals of votes cast for all Democrats is compared to the total votes cast for all Republics, you see the following:

1,046,485 D
954,462 R

Of those million+ votes for Democrats, 700,366 (or 67%) voted for Obama.

Source: CNN
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/date...

Romney's pulling out tells me that the money Republics (the true core constituency of GWB) see no hope of winning in the GE. They're cutting their losses. They've decided to let McCain have the nod, knowing he can't win, just as they gave Bob Dole the nod in 1996. The money interests of the Republic party know that if the Democrats can win Georgia, it's all over for them.

The results of the Georgia primary are truly astounding. We live in interesting times.

-Laelth

Statistical data above here: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/13000.html

Cross-posted from here: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Refresh | 1 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

From a native Georgian, not gonna happen!!!!

Hoyt (33 posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 12:07 AM
Response to Original message
3. I hope you are right.
 Edited on Thu Feb-14-08 12:08 AM by Hoyt
Unfortunately, it will likely get ugly before November.

There are lots of "young Republican" bigots in this state.

Then, we have those like Neil Boortz -- who got his start writing racist speeches for Lester Maddox.

And as the guy who gave me an estimate on some work to my house proudly said -- "I ain't voting for no . . . . . " And, that won't be the last time we hear that that crap. It also won't be the last time I say "no thanks."

Screw those backwards, uneducated, bastards. If we all contribute what we can and get out to vote, it can happen just like it did last week.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Yep

Whatever the reason, I don't care.  As long as he don't win.

Laelth  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-15-08 07:46 AM
Response to Reply #3
4. I don't deny that the currents of racism in Georgia run deep.
 But the frustration of many Republicans, even the racist ones, with the poor economy and the erosion of our Constitutional liberties under Bush may be enough to keep them home on election day. On the other hand, the frustration of Blacks as a minority that is horribly under-represented in government may get them to the polls in record numbers. In fact, I think that if Obama is the candidate, we will see record turnout.
Most people I have spoken to seem to agree with you, though, that Georgia is not really "in play" in this election. And even I agree that this race will get ugly before it's over, but I'd like to point out that Obama has a kind of "teflon" coating the likes of which has not been seen since Reagan. Accusations and smears directed at him seem to bounce off and backfire on those who attack him. Either way, there's more hope for a Democratic win in Georgia than I have seen since Clinton won the state in 1992.

Thanks for the reply.

-Laelth

Ever been to Georgia?  I feel secure saying that what these racists say about blacks is dead on for about 85% of the black population here.  These racists are just calling it like they see it.

That's right, record turnout, for both sides.

Vet31203 (90 posts)      Mon Feb-18-08 06:48 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. I think we can win it!
 As a former resident of Georgia, I think most of the conservatives are turned off by McCain's views on immigration. I think the morale among the Pubs will be low, and Obama's will be high, but it will take A LOT of work and even than it will be close...

Any seats turning blue in Georgia?

William J Meyers for House 2008

Pretty close to a good post on that one.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline guest

Re: Obama can win GA in the GE.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »
Well, Obama is a big hit in the major cities of Atlanta and Savannah(Obama signs and bumper stickers EVERYWHERE!  :o ), but the suburbs and more rural areas may be what prevents him from winning Georgia. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:44:46 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
^same thing in the rest of the South. The moonbats in Memphis and some other big cities will drink the kool aide but the rest of the state??? That dog won't hunt.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
Well, Obama is a big hit in the major cities of Atlanta and Savannah(Obama signs and bumper stickers EVERYWHERE!  :o ), but the suburbs and more rural areas may be what prevents him from winning Georgia. 
And, I sh!t you not, Warner Robins is covered with Ron Paul signs.  First time I'd ever seen live evidence of Ronbots' existence.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »
And, I sh!t you not, Warner Robins is covered with Ron Paul signs.  First time I'd ever seen live evidence of Ronbots' existence.

There are plenty of Ronbots here in Savannah too.  Mostly hairy hippie guys holding up signs on street-corners.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »
The most likely scenario is Hussein Obama will make a good showing in the south, but lose New York and California.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
The most likely scenario is Hussein Obama will make a good showing in the south, but lose New York and California.

I suspect in the GE hussein hasn't got a chance in hell in the South.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »

I think the same.  How many Hispanics won't vote for Obama because he is a black man?  A lot more than the Dems want to admit.  If Hispanics just stay home on Election Day, Obama's toast.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »

I think the same.  How many Hispanics won't vote for Obama because he is a black man?  A lot more than the Dems want to admit.  If Hispanics just stay home on Election Day, Obama's toast.

I think Hussein will get the nod -- but as long as the Evil self-designated Empress can draw breathe it won't be easy.  But he is unelectable.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »

I think Hussein will get the nod -- but as long as the Evil self-designated Empress can draw breathe it won't be easy.  But he is unelectable.

I don't think it's "the Empress" who controls the strings.  It's the Clenis.  His ego just might destroy the Dems this election cycle, if his wife can't get into the White House.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 07:58:14 PM »
Big cities are magnets for moonbats, so naturally, Obama won the GA. primary, and I expected that.

That doesn't mean he's going to win the rest of the red, conservative state, and it's not because we are racist...nice try, asshat.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 11:23:36 PM »
I went back home to Macon last month and saw quite a few Ron Paul signs in the Macon/Warner Robins area. Almost as many as I see down here in Florida.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 11:30:46 PM »
I went back home to Macon last month and saw quite a few Ron Paul signs in the Macon/Warner Robins area. Almost as many as I see down here in Florida.

They're all around Augusta as well. Guess what, there are about 50 people going around town doing this shit. 50 people does not an election make. Hence his poll numbers.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 12:33:58 AM »
I can't for the life of me see why they're saying Obama has the election in the bag, and I'm not so sure he'll be the nominee anyways. But there's no way he'd win in Georgia, thank God.

All Juan has to do to beat him is to shine some light onto his record and make him talk issues. Crosses and Holy Water wouldn't hurt, either.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 07:25:37 AM »
...because liberals don't understand, nor have they ever understood, the mindset of the conservative voting block. The reason our numbers are low is because thousands upon thousands of conservatives aren't voting in the primaries. Why? Many don't identify with a particular candidate still in the running. Let the general election arrive. We're good at voting against someone. Probably better than we are at voting for someone.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »
...because liberals don't understand, nor have they ever understood, the mindset of the conservative voting block. The reason our numbers are low is because thousands upon thousands of conservatives aren't voting in the primaries. Why? Many don't identify with a particular candidate still in the running. Let the general election arrive. We're good at voting against someone. Probably better than we are at voting for someone.

A friend of mine was telling me about how he'd like to see a new option in the voting system.  Where you cast a vote that takes a vote away from someone.  That way your saying "I don't want X person to win, but I'm not voting for Y person."
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."