Author Topic: OK, we need an escape, an online nation?  (Read 4859 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
OK, we need an escape, an online nation?
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
I used to visit the online country called the Kingdom of Talossa. They had frequent elections, multiple political parties and apparently a lot of fun.
They made it into a social grouping as much as for the fun of their politics, they have various side organizations formed, arts, sports and others.
I was wondering, those of us in the conservative-libertarian side could use something like that. An intellectual thing, an escape from Obamaland.

Anyone interested?

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: OK, we need an escape, an online nation?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »
That sounds like an interesting idea. How would the political party thing work out if there were no lefties?

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »
That sounds like an interesting idea. How would the political party thing work out if there were no lefties?

libertarians I guess.

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »
Wow, this gives me an idea.  I actually used to play a game pretty faithfully, though the game has recently been nearly overrun by commies; however, my friend still does play it and he just started a Republican themed alliance; he is still looking for government members and everything.  Do you want me to get us a link?  We could take over and ruin their whole day.  :P
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »
Do we get guns?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 05:34:48 PM »
Ermmm, Guns, as in Troops, Tanks, Aircraft, Navies, Spies and Nukes... unless they've added more since I played.  Yeah, each player is a nation... nations can join alliances... alliances can sign treaties with one another... etc.  Every now and then, a huge war breaks out- I think one just happened if I'm not mistaken.  It's been a couple of months since I have played.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
This sounds like a great idea!!! The suggestion was made to move and sticky this thread so it would be visible.

Have fun!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
Ermmm, Guns, as in Troops, Tanks, Aircraft, Navies, Spies and Nukes... unless they've added more since I played.  Yeah, each player is a nation... nations can join alliances... alliances can sign treaties with one another... etc.  Every now and then, a huge war breaks out- I think one just happened if I'm not mistaken.  It's been a couple of months since I have played.

That sounds like NationStates, I meant something like all of us as citizens of one nation where we hold campaigns and elections and stuff... but your idea is a sound one too

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »
You have played NationStates?  It's kinda like that game in theory, but it's not quite the same thing.  It's alittle more simple with less focus on the game and more focus on the politics off-site.  There were a lot of players that came from NationStates though, they call themselves the New Pacific Order and they are currently getting trounced after having reigned supreme for like two years.
- Ronald Reagan

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 02:07:37 AM »
You have played NationStates?  It's kinda like that game in theory, but it's not quite the same thing.  It's alittle more simple with less focus on the game and more focus on the politics off-site.  There were a lot of players that came from NationStates though, they call themselves the New Pacific Order and they are currently getting trounced after having reigned supreme for like two years.

do you have a link? whats it called?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »
That sounds like NationStates, I meant something like all of us as citizens of one nation where we hold campaigns and elections and stuff... but your idea is a sound one too

*was bored to tears*
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Bomber66

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »
do you have a link? whats it called?

I'm Ronald Reagan's buddy that plays this game.

The Game is Cybernations.  A simple guide to getting started is located on our forums located at Grand Old Party of Cybernations

FGL mentioned something about campaigning and elections.  Since we are a new alliance our "government" has not been established.  Therefore we will be holding elections once we have enough members.  I am serving as Chairman for now, but will stand for election as well once we get rolling.

If you have any questions post them here or join up and I can answer them on the other board.

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »

The Game is Cybernations.  A simple guide to getting started is located on our forums located at Grand Old Party of Cybernations

FGL mentioned something about campaigning and elections.  Since we are a new alliance our "government" has not been established.  Therefore we will be holding elections once we have enough members.  I am serving as Chairman for now, but will stand for election as well once we get rolling.

If you have any questions post them here or join up and I can answer them on the other board.

He beat me to it.

And the main difference (aside from mechanics) from NationStates is the increased warring.  It's a little easier to recover after a war, so people tend to go to war more often, which makes it way more fun. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:43:16 PM by Ronald Reagan »
- Ronald Reagan

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »

I will check it out!!

Offline Bomber66

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
Awesome, look forward to helping you get started. 

Offline Ronald Reagan

• The Great Communicator
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 08:32:10 PM »
I'm getting back into it.  I don't play quite as  much as bomber, but if you need anything- I'll certainly do what i can.
- Ronald Reagan