Author Topic: Mannn has made fire, er BLOG. Yea, I hath truly Blogeth!  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Mannn has made fire, er BLOG. Yea, I hath truly Blogeth!
« on: June 01, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
http://mrmannn.blogspot.com/
I am officially part of the blogging world. I'm up and running.
All I have is an essay on why I'm a UFO skeptic, but its a start.
I just got permission to post a link to CC on the site, and once I figure that out we're set to go.

You guys don't have to visit, but If someone would please test my comments it would help. I set them up for moderation, and I want to know if the process is too cumbersome. Thanks.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Mannn has made fire, er BLOG. Yea, I hath truly Blogeth!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
I got 5 hate mails already. An atheist board discovered me. this is great!  :evillaugh:
their head are gonna explode when they see my new post. Bwa Ha Ha!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »
It's good that you link to CC, but what about making it open in a separate tab or new window? As it is it takes a person away from your blog.  OTOH it may just be the settings for my browser.  I know very little about page set ups.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »
Did you just copy and past the link?  Does your blog site support HTML?  You can use this to open a link in a new window:

<a href="http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php" target=_blank>Conservative Cave[/url]

You'll have to quote and copy the HTML... the site automatically parsed the code I put in. :p
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
You go, Mr Mannn, sir.

Excellent.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
Did you just copy and past the link?  Does your blog site support HTML?  You can use this to open a link in a new window:

<a href="http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php" target=_blank>Conservative Cave[/url]

You'll have to quote and copy the HTML... the site automatically parsed the code I put in. :p
I clicked on the link and it came right to our front page.
And I can't make a fancy button, just the link. But then its all for free too.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »
You go, Mr Mannn, sir.

Excellent.
Thanks. Heads should be exploding with this latest post. My blog is going to be a series of essays and not news of the day.
I intend to post an essay supporting water boarding and I will eventually tear into Obama.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »
Let me see if I can do this without the site messing it up...

< a href="http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php" target=_blank >Conservative Cave< /a >

The target command should force a link to open in a new tab or window depending on how your reader has their browser set.  Just remove the spaces between the brackets and the text.  Using a picture for a link is the same thing...

< a href="link to your site goes here" target=_blank >< img src="http link to your picture here" >< /a >
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »
Hmmm. didn't work

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »
I am on Twitter. Whatever that is. I don't own a cell phone, but people told me I would be cool if I got on Twitter.
I was also told cute chicks would start following me, but I haven't seen any all day...

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:59:15 PM »
Well I'm up and running. Here is a sneak preview of my next essay. Would you add anything?

The Democrats have attempted to use the torture issue for political purposes. They abandoned the idea of putting the previous administration on trial when it became clear that the democratic leadership had approved these same methods. Since any attempt to go after Bush for these policies would drag Pelosi, Reid, and other Democrats down as well, you will never see this issue reopened again.

Certainly Obama has ended the policy…or has he? His Executive Order only forbade the military from torture unless it was needed. In short, Obama’s policy remains the same as Bush’s policy. Obama will keep Gitmo open, just like Bush. And he will keep the military tribunals just like Bush. So nothing really changed under Obama.

Certainly using torture on prisoners is nothing new. Bill Clinton used to send muslim terrorists to Egyptian prisons for real torture sessions. I guess the left has no problem with real torture when they are in power. President Bush never used real torture. He used discomfort, humiliation, but not real torture.

The entire argument in Washington was never about torture. It was all about demonizing Bush policies to win the next election. The old Bush policies of torture, imprisonment, and tribunals are now Obama policies.  Indeed, Obama has stated that some prisoners may never, ever be let go. Hope and change. There is NO hope and NO change for the muslim prisoners of Gitmo.

Here is the Truth:

We don't torture at Gitmo. Water boarding works or it would not be done. In fact, only three prisoners have endured water boarding. And Obama reserves the right to water board them again.

Water Boarding is NOT torture. A conservative talk show host, Man Cow subjected himself to 7 seconds worth, and he declared it torture. It was not. Man Cow was immediately able to continue talking. What he experienced was extreme discomfort, but he did not suffer lasting pain, nor did he require medical aid afterwards.

Discomfort like this is called aggressive interrogation. Its not pleasant, but neither is it torture. Man Cow endured 7 seconds. The 3 terrorists endured 14 seconds. And they talked afterwards which is why we used this. 14 seconds of discomfort is NOT torture.

Torture has been redefined by the left.

The American military does not beat detainees. Our muslim enemies torture our soldiers to death.

If we drape an Israeli flag around a terrorists shoulders, and threaten to send pictures home to his friends...the left calls that torture.

If we show puppet shows to Gitmo detainees about how its wrong to kill...
the left calls that torture.

Turning up and down a standard air conditioner is not torture, but it gets these guys to talk. And that’s the point. If they didn't talk under such pressure, we wouldn't be doing it.

America doesn't torture. Whiny anti-war liberals say we do, but we don't.
We will aggressively interrogate. And I'm not ashamed that we do. Nor am I a lesser Christian for believing that.

The prisoners in Gitmo are illegal enemy combatants (read terrorists)  taken from the field of combat. These are some of the most evil people on earth. Even with Obama, we may never be able to release some of them. If you are at all concerned about their plight, realize one thing: They chose to be a terrorist. If they don’t like their treatment, too bad, so sad. Sucks to be them.

There is no pie in the sky. Sin and evil exist in the world. Pacifist policies do nothing to protect the people. We need to deal with evil, not ignore it. Protecting Americans from terrorism is more important than playing politically correct games with our security.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:30:01 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 09:17:40 PM »
The people in Gitmo are prisoners of war taken from the field of combat.

If they are POWS, then they are entitled to protections under the Geneva Conventions. [/dumode]

Might want to call them illegal enemy combatants or something?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
Gotcha: illegal enemy combatants. Thanks.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »
I got 5 hate mails already. An atheist board discovered me. this is great!  :evillaugh:
their head are gonna explode when they see my new post. Bwa Ha Ha!

I want to restart my blog... link to me?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 11:38:11 PM »
I want to restart my blog... link to me?
SURE~ post the address, I'll link to it. and that goes for anyone on CC.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 11:41:59 PM »
SURE~ post the address, I'll link to it. and that goes for anyone on CC.

http://tyrannysentinel@blogspot.com

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:18:00 AM »
Done.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 07:45:17 AM »
Micheal Jackson: Pedophile, Drug Addict, Monster.
http://mrmannn.blogspot.com/
I promised myself I wouldn't enter the world of pop-culture, but the sainthood bestowed upon this child-molester was too much.