Author Topic: Fidel Castro Resigns As President  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Fidel Castro Resigns As President
« on: February 19, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3187857

girl gone mad (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-19-08 02:45 AM
Original message
Fidel Castro Resigns As President
   Advertisements [?]

Source: Sky News

Fidel Castro has resigned as Cuba's President and commander in chief.

In a statement issued to a Cuban newspaper he said he would not be returning to the Presidency.

Castro has not been seen in public for 18 months since he underwent emergency intestinal surgery in July 2006.

Born into a wealthy landowning family, he turned to Marxism because of the poverty he saw around him in Cuba.

He came to international prominence in 1959 when, along with Che Guevara, he led the uprising which overthrew the corrupt government of President Fulgencio Batista, who had turned Cuba into a decadent playground for America's rich.

Promising to give the land back to the people, he received the backing of the Soviet Union, driving a wedge between Cuba and the US that has never been removed.

Read more: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1305917,00...

Any guesses how the DUmmies feel?

donheld  (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 02:48 AM
Response to Original message
2. I hope this doesn't cause to much trouble
   Bushie will try to claim credit.

Prophet 451 (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 04:09 AM
Response to Reply #38
46. Point
   That's going to be the real danger: The US, goaded by those idiots in Miami has been running interference against Castro for fifty years, Lord knows what's going to happen now.

Of course, if Raul's smart, he'll only take power as an interim measure in preparation for full elections.

texasleo  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-19-08 03:02 AM
11. We get to lose two scumbags in the span of one year (Fidel and W)

Shouldn`t have mentioned Castro in the same sentance as President Bush,now you`re going to get it.

ConsAreLiars  (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 03:13 AM
Response to Reply #11
15. You regard your former governor who murdered a million in Iraq  to someone who sent doctors? How deluded is that?

ConsAreLiars  (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 03:39 AM
Response to Reply #20
28. Maybe do a body count.
   Who wins?

Maybe do a count of lives saved through medical assistance.

Even if you love US imperialism and regard the mass slaughter of Iraqis as a good thing, you can at least see that Castro did nothing remotely similar. Or are you so truly deluded that you cannot admit to even that simple fact. Comparing a true monster like Chimpy to Castro is simply an admission of blind ignorance.

ConsAreLiars  (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 04:20 AM
Response to Reply #41
49. cute
   and utterly ignorant. A charming combo. Just a simple test. Run the numbers. How many have various US presidents murdered to support imperialism, capitalism, trans-national corporatism, free enterprise, whatever you want to call it, which I gather you support, and how many have died because of Castro during those years? Your sense of "morality" is as bizarre as your reasoning.

Keep sucking up that Kool-Aid. But being among the willfully blinded who see Castro as some sort of evil monster is just evidence of your being a gullible sucker. Give one set of facts ro prove the moral equivalence of Castro and the insane mass killer who governs your country. Just one.

KillCapitalism  (405 posts)       Tue Feb-19-08 03:28 AM
21. Hopefully the U.S. will stay out of Cuba's business.
   Long live the Revolution!

Capitalism will hurt the environment and the people of Cuba.

That officially makes you DUmber then dirt.

Swagman  (240 posts)        Tue Feb-19-08 05:31 AM
54. whatever happens in Cuba-let's hope the USA stays the hell away
   from the place. Wherever America goes hell follows.

Then leave.

Honest to God the only reason they want to be in this country they so hate is to destroy it.
Go to hell commies.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Fidel Castro Resigns As President
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:10:30 AM »
ConsAreLiars  (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 04:20 AM
Response to Reply #41
49. cute
   and utterly ignorant. A charming combo. Just a simple test. Run the numbers. How many have various US presidents murdered to support imperialism, capitalism, trans-national corporatism, free enterprise, whatever you want to call it, which I gather you support, and how many have died because of Castro during those years? Your sense of "morality" is as bizarre as your reasoning.

Keep sucking up that Kool-Aid. But being among the willfully blinded who see Castro as some sort of evil monster is just evidence of your being a gullible sucker. Give one set of facts ro prove the moral equivalence of Castro and the insane mass killer who governs your country. Just one.

What the hell??
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:13:43 AM »
Give one set of facts ro prove the moral equivalence of Castro and the insane mass killer who governs your country. Just one.

How about comparing the number of people trying to flee Cuba on homemade rafts through shark infested waters, vs the number of Americans tying to flee America????????

What an asswipe.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
Give one set of facts ro prove the moral equivalence of Castro and the insane mass killer who governs your country. Just one.

How about comparing the number of people trying to flee Cuba on homemade rafts through shark infested waters, vs the number of Americans tying to flee America????????

What an asswipe.

Exactly waht I was getting ready to post!!!

Hey, DUmmy Constantliar:

YOU are apparently so deluded that you laud a dictator who ruled so brutally that mothers were willing to die (and many, many did) for the chance to get their babies the hell out of Cuba.  Good Lord, the stupidity is strong over there.  If you hate this President so much, start building a raft, Comrade.

I'm truly embarrassed that people THIS stupid are free to wander the earth, telling others that they are American.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:22:25 AM by lastparker »
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
Stupidity, thy name is DUmmie.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »
Since their beloved Castro took over in '59, Cuba's been a wasteland and refugees have floated on innertubes, old cars, and even the doors of their houses to get here. Before the DUmmie's hero took over, Cuba would have seemed like Miami... well, at least with less gangs.

Those are the facts, DUmb shits.

BTW, I don't think "Rual" (sp?) Castro's going to be any better though... some speculate he might be worse.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
I think some of my brain cells died reading this thread.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »
I have a clean crisp $100 bill for any DUmbass giving up it's United States citzenship and heads off to Cuba.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
I have a clean crisp $100 bill for any DUmbass giving up it's United States citzenship and heads off to Cuba.

Yeah, but he provides free healthcare.

http://www.therealcuba.com/Page10.htm
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
ConsAreLiars  (1000+ posts)         Tue Feb-19-08 03:13 AM
Response to Reply #11
15. You regard your former governor who murdered a million in Iraq  to someone who sent doctors? How deluded is that?

The only problem is that the "doctor" that the Bearded bastard sent anywhere was Dr. Guevera.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »
The US, goaded by those idiots in Miami has been running interference against Castro for fifty years

Many of those 'idiots in Miami' are former Cuban citizens numbskull. you don't suppose after living there they have ample reason to want to get their country back from a dictator do you? But i guess since their 'power to truth' is against communism and Castro it adds up to idiocy. We all know protesting the Marines in the states is a far less idiotic prospect.  :whatever:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »

What an asswipe.

Exactly waht I was getting ready to post!!!

Hey, DUmmy Constantliar:

YOU are apparently so deluded that you laud a dictator who ruled so brutally that mothers were willing to die (and many, many did) for the chance to get their babies the hell out of Cuba.  Good Lord, the stupidity is strong over there.  If you hate this President so much, start building a raft, Comrade.

I'm truly embarrassed that people THIS stupid are free to wander the earth, telling others that they are American.

Absolutely! The discussions on Cuba and Castro are a hot topic for me having lived in the area and counting a number of Cuban-Americans as friends. People who either first hand risked their lives or had parents who did in the interest of freedom. Cubans I have known dream of the same freedoms in their homeland someday. I hope they will eventually get their wish.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
"Happy that Fidel Castro is stepping aside, but we'd rather see him drop dead and not just resign. He caused a lot of pain and killed a lot of people."--Cuban American Emilio Yazquez ie in DUmpster's eyes one of those 'idiots in Miami' :whatever:

But I guess DUers living in any number of enclaves in the US are better able to judge what and how Cuba is then people who have actually lived there at some point in their lives. :banghead:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »
I think some of my brain cells died reading this thread.

Cindie

Which is why I limit my exposure to the DUmp.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
That reminds me, I need to pick up some Kool-aid from the store.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »
FlyingSquirrel  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-19-08 03:20 AM
Response to Reply #7
19. I can see it now - GWB singlehandedly caused Castro to age and become ill
 to the point of deciding to relinquish power.
If Kerry had been president, Castro undoubtedly would have endured another 15 years.

Well hell, he can steer hurricanes with a wave of his hand and mow down a million Iraqis with his smirk. Surely he ought to get a little credit for squishing one fatigue-clad cigar-chomping communista.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »
I'm really getting ****ing sick and tired of the blow job the media are giving Fidel today on the announcement of his resignation.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 11:32:40 PM »
I'm really getting ****ing sick and tired of the blow job the media are giving Fidel today on the announcement of his resignation.

Apparently you forget the tears they had to fight back upon hearing of Yassir Asserfat dying in 2004.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/arafat/2895657.html

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin