Author Topic: Y'know what I'd love to see from the majority in both houses (well, the Senate m  (Read 1178 times)

Offline CC27

sniffa (1000+ posts)        Wed May-27-09 05:13 PM
Original message
Y'know what I'd love to see from the majority in both houses (well, the Senate mainly)
 At least some bravado that they're in charge now. When the loons were in charge they didn't give a ****. They crammed any nutjob nominee down our throats and told us to suck it.

Why are we still acting like we have to make sure Republicans will not hate on our nominees too much? If they're going to filibuster Sotomoyer say, let them. I doubt they will but if they do I'd be impressed if we're able to end it. If they decide to go that route I can't see the Alito outcome happening.

They should nominate Michael Moore for the next opening and just say, "**** you, what are you going to do about it?"

- this goes for other matters too, especially the "looking soft" issues

:mental:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8435963

Offline jukin

I thought responsibility but ...what was I thinkin'?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh my.

The sniffing primitive.

I wonder if he feels any guilt, at least subconsciously, for ditching an ill wife who needed him, for a brazen hussy who's just taking advantage of him?
apres moi, le deluge

Milo Yiannopoulos "It has been obvious since 2016 that Trump carries an anointing of some kind. My American friends, are you so blind to reason, and deaf to Heaven? Can he do all this, and cannot get a crown? This man is your King. Coronate him, and watch every devil shriek, and every demon howl."

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Oh my.

The sniffing primitive.

I wonder if he feels any guilt, at least subconsciously, for ditching an ill wife who needed him, for a brazen hussy who's just taking advantage of him?

Frank, please spill the dirt?  Did he dump the dummie known as Mrs. Sniffa or is Mrs. Sniffa the brazen hussy?  I would love to hear about this soap opera.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
They should nominate Michael Moore for the next opening and just say, "**** you, what are you going to do about it?"

It's not what THEY'D do about it, meathead, it's what WE'D do about it. You'd lose more seats than a demolished stadium if you pulled shit like that, and you might lose them no matter what.The only places where there is a whackadoo majority for life are Cuba, Venezuela, and North Korea.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
sniffa (1000+ posts)        Wed May-27-09 05:13 PM
Original message
Y'know what I'd love to see from the majority in both houses (well, the Senate mainly)

Common sense?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Common sense?

Something above a room temperature IQ?

For the entire Congress, not just individually....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.