Author Topic: Media starting to beat the drum for Sotomayor  (Read 1999 times)

Offline 5412

Media starting to beat the drum for Sotomayor
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:03:25 AM »
Good Morning,

I gagged on the Headline in our local paper this morning,"Hispanics laud high court pick".  Big type under it, "Local Hispanic leaders praise historic nominee".  Then in the second paragraph of the article they say, "However, defeating Sotomayor would be difficult in the heavily Democratic Senate, and even a major effore to block her confrirmation could be risky for a party still reeling from last year's elections."

OF COURSE THEY FEAR ONE THING.  WHETHER SHE IS CONFIRMED OR NOT WHAT A WONDERFUL CHANCE TO SHOW THE WORLD THE VISIBLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRUE REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVES AND LIBERAL DEMOCRATS WHO WANT JUDGES WHO MAKE UP THE RULES AS THEY GO ALONG.  The press wants to be sure that does not happen and is firing a warning shot across the bow of the conservative ship.

This is one more chance for true conservative leadership to step up.  If the wimps like McCain, Powell and Ridge have their way, it will be more evidence of how the press has tamed the party.

What a crock!  The lady is pathetic but that makes no difference.  The color of one's skin was more important than any qualifications for president, guess a hispanic is the only qualification necessary for the Supreme Court.

They could nominate Senorita Minnie Mouse and the press would laud it as a historic.

Gag! Gag! Gag!

PS:  GAG #2.  In another article this morning I see where Olympia Snowe gushed about Sotomayor calling her well-qualified.  She also noted that Rahm Emanuel, personally had called her early in the day to tip her off about the pick.  GAG GAG, kick her butt out of the party like Schumer, Ridge and Powell and let's move foreward.

Last night I found a website outlining her 60% reversal rate and the opinions of the Supreme Court saying that she rambled and was incoherent in some of her opinions.  Today that seems to have disappeared from the internet.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 07:51:07 AM by 5412 »

Offline thundley4

Re: Media starting to beat the drum for Sotomayor
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:09:21 AM »

She has a recent controversial decision regarding a reverse discrimination case involving New Have firefighters.  The administration has already given their talking points memo regarding this, and the lefty media is swallowing it.
NewsWeak
Slate
MSNBC

Offline 5412

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »

She has a recent controversial decision regarding a reverse discrimination case involving New Have firefighters.  The administration has already given their talking points memo regarding this, and the lefty media is swallowing it.
NewsWeak
Slate
MSNBC

Hi,

I get the feeling the lefty media swallows all that BO offers. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »
The way the media is going bonkers tells me shes a POS. You would think this women was the second coming of Christ.    :mental:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
The way the media is going bonkers tells me shes a POS. You would think this women was the second coming of Christ.    :mental:

She would be the Third Coming, since 0Bama is The Second.  :fuelfire:

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 11:24:17 AM »
Well, the MSM will blindly follow Obama off a cliff, so his pick will be their pick. I see them trying to use the "minority woman" card here, to try to shame you into giving this racist a pass, unlike what they themselves did to Estrada.

Sotomayor sucks, she is an example of PCness gone terribly, terribly wrong.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
Well, the MSM will blindly follow Obama off a cliff, so his pick will be their pick. I see them trying to use the "minority woman" card here, to try to shame you into giving this racist a pass, unlike what they themselves did to Estrada.

Sotomayor sucks, she is an example of PCness gone terribly, terribly wrong.

PCness is almost always wrong. :)