Author Topic: Will Dana Perino echo Tony Snow's "just a number" bull$hit when 3963 becomes....  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
**** each and every one of you heartless bastard liberals

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2886583

Amerigo Vespucci  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-18-08 07:36 PM
Original message
Will Dana Perino echo Tony Snow's "just a number" bullshit when 3963 becomes 4 ****ing THOUSAND?
 Advertisements [?]http://icasualties.org/oif /

Military Fatalities: By Time Period

US: 3963

**** Tony Snow. **** his "bravery" in fighting his illness. Just **** him.

Press Briefing by Tony Snow
James S. Brady Briefing Room
For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
June 15, 2006

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/06/2006061...

Q Tony, American deaths in Iraq have reached 2,500. Is there any response or reaction from the President on that?

MR. SNOW: It's a number, and every time there's one of these 500 benchmarks people want something. The President would like the war to be over now. Everybody would like the war to be over now. And the one thing that we saw in Iraq this week is further testimony to the quality of the men and the women who are doing that, and the dedication and determination to try to ensure that the people of Iraq really do live in a free, effective democracy of their own creation and design.

Any President who goes through a time of war feels very deeply the responsibility for sending men and women into harm's way, and feels very deeply the pain that the families feel. And this President is no different. You've seen it many times. You saw it, you saw it when he was in that ballroom, Terry, and you had this crowd of servicemen and women who were cheering loudly for the President, and he got choked up. So it's always a sad benchmark, and one of the things the President has said is that these people will not die in vain.

And part of what happened this very week when the President went to Baghdad, and he sat down with the Prime Minister and he sat down with the cabinet, and he sat down with the President and Vice President, he sat down with the national security team, and he sat down with the leaders of all the major political parties, what he saw now is that after all of this, what you have in Iraq is a freestanding government that has been elected by the Iraqi people. It has a Prime Minister who is going to be there for four years, who is determined to act as a Prime Minister, who is determined to lead, who is setting priorities, and he's somebody we can work with. You have a Minister of Defense who has significant experience and is already working with his colleagues, not only here at the Pentagon, but also General Casey and others in the field. The President understands that those deaths cannot be in vain, and you've got a government now that can help ensure that that is not the case.

Q Was he told about the benchmark, the President?

MR. SNOW: I don't know. I'm sure he will hear about it.

**** him!

:bird:

Olney Blue  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-18-08 07:40 PM
Response to Original message
1. Dana will say whatever they tell her to say.

Amerigo Vespucci  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-18-08 07:42 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. In that sense, she's perfect.
 No mind of her own.

Not that Tony had one. He could tell you at any given moment what Roger Ailes had for lunch.

What the hell ever happened to COURAGE and INTEGRITY in our country?

MadMaddie  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-18-08 07:46 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Cowards do not possess integrity and courage.
 Edited on Mon Feb-18-08 07:47 PM by MadMaddie
Dana, Tony and * have no skin in the game they never have. They go home at night and sleep like babies.

History and the citizens of America will never forget or forgive them for the lives lost through this unnecessary war.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Amerigo Vespucci  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-18-08 07:52 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. I can "intellectualize" all of this.
 I understand a paycheck.

I understand money in the bank.

I just don't understand the things we sometimes need to say and do to GET that paycheck.

I couldn't do it.

Tony "CANCER HERO" Snow COULD.

Dana Perino apparently can.

Is it November 2008 yet?

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Their supposed concern about the number of soldiers that have sacrificed their lives in Iraq would be more believable if they weren`t so hell bent on coddling murderers and drug dealers that deal in death every day of the year.

They don`t give a rats a$$ about the them except as a way of psuedo outrage and political fodder.

Offline jukin

Last year more people were murdered in Detroit than service members in Iraq.  Where is the outrage?

During billy jeffs presidency more service members were killed in accidents than have died under combat in Iraq.  Where was the outrage?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

MadMaddie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Feb-18-08 07:46 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Cowards do not possess integrity and courage.

Edited on Mon Feb-18-08 07:47 PM by MadMaddie
Dana, Tony and * have no skin in the game they never have. They go home at night and sleep like babies.

History and the citizens of America will never forget or forgive them for the lives lost through this unnecessary war.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

I wish the DUmbasses would stop the "I care about the troops" charade because they do not care about the troops.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Will the DUmmies celebrate when it does hit 4,000 like they did at the last "magic number"?

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Will the DUmmies celebrate when it does hit 4,000 like they did at the last "magic number"?

I dont think so. The war is won and Americans have moved on to other priorities, the economy being one.

Sorry DUmmies!  :-)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

That's never stopped the DUmmies before. Only now, less people will listen.

Also, I remember this thread from last year. They were predicting it would hit 4,000 by mid August, yet it's below that even now. I'd say that's a very good sign that we're definitely winning this one. You'd think that the DUmmies would be happy that far fewer soldiers are dying, but...welll, what do you expect from DUmmies?

Maybe a mole should go over there and remind them of that thread. Their reactions would be interesting, heheh.

Offline djones520

Amerigo Vespucci  (1000+ posts)       Mon Feb-18-08 07:42 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. In that sense, she's perfect.
 No mind of her own.

Not that Tony had one. He could tell you at any given moment what Roger Ailes had for lunch.

What the hell ever happened to COURAGE and INTEGRITY in our country?

Dipshit, theres still plenty of it.  Those of us who serve in the United States Military for example.

It's dipshits like you that are destroying the concept of courage and integrity.  So whenever your wondering why this country is on the fast track to the shitter, take a look into the mirror.  In the mean time we better people will still be out there fighting to save America.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."