Author Topic: More Memorial Day DUmp hatred  (Read 1492 times)

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
More Memorial Day DUmp hatred
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
FirstLight  (1000+ posts)        Mon May-25-09 12:20 PM
Original message
I can't do it ...
 Edited on Mon May-25-09 12:23 PM by FirstLight
I can't pretend to "honor" our troops today. I am heartbroken and angry and disgusted at humanity...that's what today is for me.

Funny, I never lost a family member to war, but I saw the devastating efects of the severly damaged psyche of my cousin...who almost became a news story like the ones we are so immune to today: "veteran gets drunk and kills wife, baby daughter & self"

I have always been a pacifist, even to the point of standing in between the bully and the small kid and getting my OWN ass kicked when I was in the 3rd grade... Now, there have been times of rage, but that's different from war as a whole. Most rage (at least in my knowledge & experience) comes from a place of defense...that fight of flight hormone.
War is the forced perpetuation of that on a mass scale...which then changes the way entire nations and cultures identify themselves for generations. Look at the current relations with Cuba...aren't we still punishing them for the Bay of Pigs? Doesn't the NKorean propaganda color us as an industrial demon...are they ALL wrong?
(maybe if Bush HAD gone to Vietnam, this wouldn't have happened...he would have been effected by it and perhaps more likely to stand up to his daddy and the Industrial War machinists who puppetteered him towards the mess...who knows?)

There is no honor in it, it is glorified murder and the worst of man's baser instincts are revealed in the atrocities performed.
The only thing that reveals we are higher animals is that we create such a cloud of bullshit to convince ourselves it is appropriate.

That's what Memorial Day has come to mean to me.
I can deal with the day off, I have to be home with my children when the school's closed for this.
But you won't get me saying anything nice, about OUR troops or ANY of it...on any continent.
I can't bring myself to honor the behavior that will bring thousands home to abuse their own families because they cannot turn off the animal response in their minds...

My stomach is turning and the tears are real...War holds NO honor, anytime or place. There is NO justification for what has been done in "our" name...whether it be our extermination of the Native peoples in THIS land, the exploitation of resources in Vietnam and the South Pacific, or Iraq & Afganistan....

sO.....no, no BBQ at MY house, not a word about the reason for the day....we'l just take a walk by the river and I will send along a prayer that someday, somehow, we can hope to evolve

...and that the people being hurt at THIS VERY moment in MY name - can forgive me for not doing more to stop it.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5716844

Words escape me when it comes to this level of disgusting hatred...hey DUmmie FOAD!   :bird:

mike_c  (1000+ posts)        Mon May-25-09 12:23 PM
Response to Original message
2. there is no honor in thugging for imperialism....
 Nothing that the U.S. military is doing abroad at the moment is very inspiring, or even remotely honorable, IMO. I totally understand how you feel.

Go F a bug you sick jerk.

Notably the buzzy primitive and the cali primitive try to shut this fool down but then the idiot responds with even more crap.

FirstLight  (1000+ posts)        Mon May-25-09 12:36 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. sophmoric?
 excuse my idealistic view of peace and humanity...
and one can only speak from personal experience, so maybe I have yet to understand rage by YOUR definition, whatever that is.

if yoiu think i am so wrong, then you are welcome to that - and I did include the disclaimer that I could only speak from my own knowledge... you may see it as naieve, whatever, it's okay with me that I DON'T have an intimate understanding of those felings and thoughts and hormones and what ever other brainwashing or drugging goes into creating soldiers. 

Sick just ****ing sick

Best_man23 (1000+ posts)      Mon May-25-09 12:35 PM
6. You can honor the men and women who gave their lives for this Country
 You don't have to honor the dunderheaded politicians who are responsible for the current mess we're in.

The statement "you won't get me saying anything nice, about OUR troops or any of it...on any continent" gives ammunition to the Freepers and RW knuckleheads who think all of us at DU hate the troops and hate America.
I honor this day and thank my Dad and uncles who fought in WWII.

Umm here's a clue jackass, we don't THINK you hate the troops and America...we KNOW you hate the troops and America.  You are a hive of hatred and sick ****s.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: More Memorial Day DUmp hatred
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
That's it...I'm beyond questioning their patriotism...I'm out and out saying they aren't patriotic and hate their own country.

I've never seen a group of people so willing to cheer for the downfall of their own country.

Be very careful of what you wish for asshats.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »
Best_man23 (1000+ posts)      Mon May-25-09 12:35 PM
6. You can honor the men and women who gave their lives for this Country
 You don't have to honor the dunderheaded politicians who are responsible for the current mess we're in.

The statement "you won't get me saying anything nice, about OUR troops or any of it...on any continent" gives ammunition to the Freepers and RW knuckleheads who think all of us at DU hate the troops and hate America.
I honor this day and thank my Dad and uncles who fought in WWII.

So the only reason one should pretend to honor the troops is to make people think you're something you're not? Nice. Sometimes I really hate these people.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
So the only reason one should pretend to honor the troops is to make people think you're something you're not? Nice. Sometimes I really hate these people.

Cindie

Sometimes? Only sometimes?

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »

Cindie
I think I pity them more than I dislike them. I mean people that angry and hateful must have had something terribly wrong go on in their lives to make them like that. It must be horrible to live your life with that kind of mindset.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
I'd really love to meet that piece of shit Mike_C one day.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
If not for all of us that have served their heads would have been on pikes years ago.  Thanks for your love and understanding asshat6s. No wonder I hate liberals as much as I hate ****ing Communist,Terrorist,Nazi's and ****ing Dictators that rape maim and kill their own people.

Freedom comes at a much higher price then your ****tard are willing to pay for. Your annual trip to a voting booth isn't keeping this country safe from evil It is those of us that have served and still serve. Freedom has a price and some of us have paid that price in blood. We have lost friends,family and people we barely knew as the military has kept the worse of humanity from taking over the world and the only thing you clowns can do is set behind a computer monitor and take a huge shit on those that have defended your right to be a huge douchebag and a waste of skin.

No wonder you should all go outside and play a nice game of tag with a dump truck.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 03:40:04 PM »
You know, given that Americans aren't taking the war on terrorism seriously, and given that Ma and Pa Kettle in the White House have done their best to denigrate America and Americans in the eyes of the world, sooner or later something's going to happen, some sort of massive attack on the American homeland.

It could be a suitcase nuclear bomb in New York City, a 13-gallon trash-bag of cyanide dropped into the water supply in Chicago, or a mysterious epidemic spreading from San Francisco.  Or any one of 500 other scenarios.

It's going to happen.

In which case one is going to see primitives such as the mike_c primitive grasping the feet of an American soldier, licking and fondling his boots, begging and pleading and bawling and crying, to be saved.

It always happens.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »
You know, given that Americans aren't taking the war on terrorism seriously, and given that Ma and Pa Kettle in the White House have done their best to denigrate America and Americans in the eyes of the world, sooner or later something's going to happen, some sort of massive attack on the American homeland.

It could be a suitcase nuclear bomb in New York City, a 13-gallon trash-bag of cyanide dropped into the water supply in Chicago, or a mysterious epidemic spreading from San Francisco.  Or any one of 500 other scenarios.

It's going to happen.

In which case one is going to see primitives such as the mike_c primitive grasping the feet of an American soldier, licking and fondling his boots, begging and pleading and bawling and crying, to be saved.

It always happens.

Yes it does Frank.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »
I'd really love to meet that piece of shit Mike_C one day.

He's too chicken shit.  He'd prefer to just e-mail your chain of command and get you in trouble than actually stand up for the crap he spews.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »
He's too chicken shit.  He'd prefer to just e-mail your chain of command and get you in trouble than actually stand up for the crap he spews.

What I've always found most curious about the mike_c primitive is his hypocrisy.

He's inveigled against the "evil" "capitalist" system before.

The mike_c primitive's going to be retiring in a few years.

The mike_c primitive's pension plan involves investments in "evil" "capitalistic" ventures.

Since the source of the money is tainted, is the mike_c primitive going to turn down his generous pension?

Ditto for the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »
I keep seeing the newspaper headline "Stabbed in the Face with a Brick" flashing in front of my eyes.

Can anyone explain that to me?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »
I keep seeing the newspaper headline "Stabbed in the Face with a Brick" flashing in front of my eyes.

Can anyone explain that to me?

I see it, too--but with the words "16 times" after it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 02:08:22 AM »
That's it...I'm beyond questioning their patriotism...I'm out and out saying they aren't patriotic and hate their own country.

I've never seen a group of people so willing to cheer for the downfall of their own country.

Be very careful of what you wish for asshats.

I've never questioned their patriotism.  It is impossible to call into question that which does not exist in the first place.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 02:39:37 AM »
I can deal with the day off, I have to be home with my children when the school's closed for this.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A day off from what? Video games & televison?

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
I wonder if this FirstLight person and the person who wrote an extremely lengthy and detailed post about the Memorial Day parade locked horns, or saw each other's posts?  I knew what I'd be seeing when I called up this thread, and it's just disgusting.  I can report that we had no hippies or moonbats at our parade.  Just patriots, parade, prayer, and some gun salutes. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 12:46:27 PM »
I wonder if this FirstLight person and the person who wrote an extremely lengthy and detailed post about the Memorial Day parade locked horns, or saw each other's posts?  I knew what I'd be seeing when I called up this thread, and it's just disgusting.  I can report that we had no hippies or moonbats at our parade.  Just patriots, parade, prayer, and some gun salutes. 

I'll give the DUmmies one thing, and one thing only, they sure as shit know when to stay away from celebrations where they would surely get their asses kicked.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.