Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan in Egypt for Islamists  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Cindy Sheehan in Egypt for Islamists
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:52:47 AM »
Cindy Sheehan in Egypt for Islamists

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan joined a protest Wednesday seeking the support of Egypt's first lady in ending a military trial of members of the country's largest Islamic organization.

Under the watchful eyes of dozens of black-clad and helmeted anti-riot police, some 50 heavily veiled wives and children of 40 senior members of the Muslim Brotherhood detained for the past year, gathered in front of the headquarters of first lady Suzanne Mubarak's National Council Women carrying banners calling for their release.

"I am here to protest the trial of civilians in front of a military tribunal as this is a violation to international law," said Sheehan, who gained fame in the U.S. for her sit-in outside President Bush's Texas ranch following the death of her son in Iraq.

"As a mother of a son who was killed in the war, I presented a letter to Ms. Suzanne Mubarak to realize how those women and children are suffering."

The street protest was rare in Egypt where authorities ban most signs of public dissent.

One woman carried a sleeping infant in her arms along with a poster reading "Father, I miss you."

In December 2006, the government engaged in a wide-ranging crackdown against the Brotherhood, the country's largest opposition force—which holds one-fifth of the seats in the parliament—targeting in particular businessmen known to financially support the group.

In February 2007, President Hosni Mubarak ordered 40 of the organization's members to be tried by a military tribunal on charges of money laundering and terrorism. The court's verdict is expected Feb. 26.

According to the Brotherhood, 3,245 members of their organization were arrested in 2007.

The ditchwitch attention whore still has no clue.   :whatever:

SOURCE

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

Re: Cindy Sheehan in Egypt for Islamists
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:57:09 AM »
Where the hell is this woman getting the money to do this stuff?

Hell, I can't afford to pay for one of my favorite hobbies, but this woman can come up with cash to fly around the world and tell country leaders what to do?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:39:40 AM »
Where the hell is this woman getting the money to do this stuff?

Hell, I can't afford to pay for one of my favorite hobbies, but this woman can come up with cash to fly around the world and tell country leaders what to do?
I suspect the money for her son's grave headstone has been used up by now.  She's probably funded by codepinko.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 07:42:32 AM »
I honestly hope her sons SGLI didn't go to her...  god what a horrible waste for that money.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:24 AM »
I honestly hope her sons SGLI didn't go to her...  god what a horrible waste for that money.

Well, if it did, she damn sure didn't use it to buy a headstone nor did she opt for the one provided for free by the DoD.

As for DUmmies, when they start going crazy, they start going crazy in warp speed.

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:38 AM »
Shouldn't this Sheehan woman be "home" in San Francisco kissing hands and shaking babies?   Wasn't her latest publicity grab something about getting elected to the House of Representative?  Wasn't it proclaimed to be her new life's dedication?  To unseat the rabid freeper-fundie Nancy Pelosi?   What happened to that?  Is that stupid idea sitting on the shelf beside her forgotten "hunger strike"?

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 07:55:08 AM »

Well, if it did, she damn sure didn't use it to buy a headstone nor did she opt for the one provided for free by the DoD.

As for DUmmies, when they start going crazy, they start going crazy in warp speed.

I'm not sure how the stone got there, but nonetheless, there it sits.   

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:22:39 AM »

I'm not sure how the stone got there, but nonetheless, there it sits.   

It wasn't there for years after Casey's death and if she placed it there, it was only due to the pressure she was receiving from EVERYone. 

http://www.cindysheehanwatch.com/caseysheehan.html

Casey Austin Sheehan was killed on 04/04/04 (Palm Sunday) by insurgents/terrorists/scum (his mom calls them "freedom fighters") in Sadr City, Iraq. 783 days later, on May 27, 2006, a headstone was finally placed on the grave of SPC Casey Sheehan (1st Battalion, 82nd Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas). Before enlisting in the United States Army, Casey was an alter boy in the Catholic church, an Eagle Scout and much, much more. His headstone seems a fitting marker for his resting place, reflecting not only his service to his community and his country, (Bronze Star and Purple Heart) but also his personal interests such as Van Halen, the Boy Scouts of America, Federation and Superman. May he rest in well-deserved peace.

Cindy Sheehan claims that she paid for the headstone, but in fact, just six weeks earlier (46 days to be exact), Crazy Cindy Sheehan even admitted that she didn't want him to have one, saying, "I didn't want to put a TOMBstone on my son's grave," she wrote, capitalizing the letters of the word "tomb."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:25:57 AM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline djones520

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »
Maybe his father did it?

Edit:  Nevermind, Snopes got it covered.  The marker was placed there in May of 2006.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehangrave.asp

The last line of this thing pisses me off to no end.

The headstone was very expensive, Sheehan wrote.  She said that the government should have paid for it because of its responsibility for his death.

Get bent bitch.  The government would have paid for it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:28:27 AM by djones520 »

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:29:50 AM »
Just one more bit of proof that it's never been about Casey.

GFY, She-hag.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »
can Egypt keep her?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
can Egypt keep her?
Under a burqa?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 06:42:57 PM »

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 10:57:57 AM »
It would be nice to see her detained when she reentered the US, and charged with sedition. :bawl:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »
It would be nice to see her detained when she reentered the US, and charged with sedition. :bawl:
I doubt she'll even be kicked off of Ron Paul's favorite: lewrockwell.com.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 05:19:12 AM »
I notice she is in Egypt ranting away. I guess moonbats have learned to stay away from the land of Rachel Corey Pancake Breakfasts.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »
Surely she must realize that the group she is protesting to set free would have her stoned to death for appearing in public dressed the way she is, and having the nerve to speak out in the streets.

Unless she converts to Islam -- radical fundamentalist Islam, which is a possibility of course.