Author Topic: BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!  (Read 6631 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »
And they're off.

Watch out for Toyota. (oh, and Tony Stewart)

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Flame

Re: BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
Why? is he gonna wreck someone out again???

j/k

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe   NASCAR!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
What is NASCAR other than a bunch of drunk rednecks acting like idiots. Gotta be the dumbest sport ever thought of full of nothing but white male racist............
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
Why? is he gonna wreck someone out again???

j/k

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe   NASCAR!

Maybe. LOL

Toyota is looking for some r-e-s-p-e-c-t. Might happen this year.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »
What is NASCAR other than a bunch of drunk rednecks acting like idiots. Gotta be the dumbest sport ever thought of full of nothing but white male racist............

40% of fanbase is female.  ::)

WTF is racist about racing? (besides the first 4 letters)  :p

On Edit:

(kind of old stats)
http://www.greenflagmarketing.com/demographics.htm
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:07:12 PM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »

Oh sorry..............how bout nothing but white racist males with their white women.

Almost all the races seem to be in the south, you know the land of racism and bigotry....Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, georgia.....need I even say more Sea Chicken fan

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »

Oh sorry..............how bout nothing but white racist males with their white women.

Almost all the races seem to be in the south, you know the land of racism and bigotry....Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, georgia.....need I even say more Sea Chicken fan

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=45fb6b27-716b-4586-b52d-8f83f019ce4b&k=13233
In Canada, a recent Ipsos-Insight poll suggested 6.8 million Canadians - and one in four adults - consider themselves NASCAR fans.

Map of NASCAR Nextel Cup Track Locations
http://www.mergetek.com/grabmap.aspx?ArticleID=102

Need you say more? Yes.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »
Jr will not sweep Daytona........I wish he would, yet he won't. I'd like to see MW win another one, yet I don;t think he will today. Martin winning would be great..............

Well I'm going back to watching the race so watch out for the flying chicken bones  :cheersmate:

brought to you by a beer drinking, chicken bone tossing Noprth carolina redneck  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »
I'm liking the "gopher cam" but could do without the lame cartoon.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »
Jr will not sweep Daytona........I wish he would, yet he won't. I'd like to see MW win another one, yet I don;t think he will today. Martin winning would be great..............

Well I'm going back to watching the race so watch out for the flying chicken bones  :cheersmate:

brought to you by a beer drinking, chicken bone tossing Noprth carolina redneck  :-)

This is like the only thing on TV -- I don't generally watch NASCAR (and I just got to the hotel from my flight).  I assume it is normal for the annoucners toss a bunch of "good-ol-boy-isms" around?  I think only one sentence in 10 is a straight-forward description of the action.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
Sixteen laps to go . . . and another caution . . . but only the fifth one today.  Clint Bowyer just spun, but I think he was "helped" by Juan Pablo Montoya . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 05:51:59 PM »
Damn. I had Casey Mears in my NASCAR fantasy 4.  :(

heh!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »
Congrats to Newman.

Good race... pretty good start to the season.

Boogidy!  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
Woohoo!  Tony Stewart came in third!

I can't stand the guy.  I'm glad he didn't win.  :evillaugh:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »

Yeah. Third sucks, it's what?, 12 points and a $5 gift certificate to Arbys?  :tongue: :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

Yeah. Third sucks, it's what?, 12 points and a $5 gift certificate to Arbys?  :tongue: :-)

Does Tony get free Subway?  I haven't seen any more commercials with him.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »

:rotf:

Dunno. But I guess of the the sponsors to get free crap from you could do worse than the Home Depot.

On edit:

DIRECTV and Domino's Pizza would be a pretty nice combo. (insert fat Jared pic here)  :p

On edit (again):

CH beat me to the Jared joke.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:26:17 PM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »

I don't think so he's starting to like Jared used to look

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »
Hopefully your comment is just based on ignorance of the sport.  A little research into its history might just explain its fan base.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »

California, Las Vegas, Kansas, New York, New Hampshire, Indianapolis, Chicago....not exactly Southern.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »

Worse than kissing your sister.  More like tonguing your grandma.

(OK: *yech*)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:19:18 PM »

California, Las Vegas, Kansas, New York, New Hampshire, Indianapolis, Chicago....not exactly Southern.

Let me ask you -- does it piss you off that someone like me can walk in, turn on the TV and watch with 36 laps to go, kinda watch a little bnit, then watch the best 10 seconds in NASCAR in quite some time?  While you real followers of the sport have been watching all these races and all these laps?

It cracks me up and it has happened to me before with other sports.  Sometimes I think I am a TV Forrest Gump. (LOL)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »
I do the same thing.  I watch the pole and come back two hours later for the last 36 laps.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »
I do the same thing.  I watch the pole and come back two hours later for the last 36 laps.

LOL -- good plan.

But isn't that like watching the KO for the SuperBowl then coming back for the last 1/2 of the 4th Quarter?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »

LOL -- good plan.

But isn't that like watching the KO for the SuperBowl then coming back for the last 1/2 of the 4th Quarter?

I do that too.   :tongue: