Author Topic: Populist is Really an Elitist? lol-whut?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Populist is Really an Elitist? lol-whut?
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:41:45 AM »
All those lectures about how conservatives have to shed their smug aire of superiority and be more like the little guy...

Political blogger Meghan McCain isn’t exactly the toast of D.C. right now.

Sen. John McCain’s daughter — who writes online for The Daily Beast and will soon release a book about life as a Republican — lost it after getting stopped by security when she arrived at the White House Correspondents dinner Saturday. The problem? She had only two tickets, but brought two friends.

“The security guard sent her to talk to someone to sort out the situation, but Meghan got bratty and nastily told him, ‘We’ll just stand here then,’ like an insolent child,” our source said, adding that after dealing with the guard, “She muttered to her friends, ‘Does he even know who the f--- I am?’ ”

An insider told us, “Those tickets were harder to get than gold dust and Meghan blatantly only had two and thought she didn’t have to follow the same rules as everyone else.”

The vocal McCain “was complaining about everything from the air-conditioning to the wait,” says our leak.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/05/11/2009-05-11_meghan_mccain_a_real_pain_at_dc_dinner.html#ixzz0FD1Ib7Zt&A
Typical
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: Populist is Really an Elitist? lol-whut?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
She needs to STFU and GBTW. She is not a Republican, no matter how much she and the media try and portray her as such.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:00:13 AM »
She needs to STFU and GBTW. She is not a Republican, no matter how much she and the media try and portray her as such.

Given the direction the Republican party is headed - NeoCom lite - she may very well be a Republican.

Of course, that leaves me and those like me echoing the words of Ronaldus Magnus: "I didn't leave the [Republican] party, the [Republican] party left me.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »
I can't help but laugh at the revelation of yet another limosine liberal.

Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber are mocked as being unwashed proles by the very people who claim to speak for the little guy but it turns out all the advocates for the little guy are well-heeled blue bloods. It would be shocking if not how often the narrative is repeated; now it's just comedic. Still, I think its revealing something far more notorious.

Let's face facts: the little guy is being told by the Kennedy, Kerry, Bush, Soros, McCain, Rockafeller et al clans that he is to shut-up and get back into line and in return for their dutiful servitude they will be provided with a proper education, healthcare, prescription drugs and whatnot. I can't help but think the Workadays are brewing the very uprising DU has fapped about for years now but it will be the revolution of the principled people, not a bunch of stoned, disaffected layabouts.

My personal life has been a train-wreck: 1 divorce...almost 2, long-time pot-smoker (stopped over a decade ago and I have 0 interest in restarting), multiple careers...but then again that makes me average and astoundingly so. Nonetheless, I'm seriously tempted in running for SOME office because I so absolutely excel at mediocrity. Hell, if we don't, who will?

The alternative is another generation or 3 of the Megan McCain types.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »

My personal life has been a train-wreck: 1 divorce...almost 2, long-time pot-smoker (stopped over a decade ago and I have 0 interest in restarting), multiple careers...but then again that makes me average and astoundingly so. Nonetheless, I'm seriously tempted in running for SOME office because I so absolutely excel at mediocrity. Hell, if we don't, who will?

The alternative is another generation or 3 of the Megan McCain types.

You'd be a shoe-in if you run as a Dem, but the media would shred you if you ran as a Republican.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »
I can't help but think the Workadays are brewing the very uprising DU has fapped about for years now but it will be the revolution of the principled people, not a bunch of stoned, disaffected layabouts.

Who is John Galt, indeed?  ^5.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
You'd be a shoe-in if you run as a Dem, but the media would shred you if you ran as a Republican.
If I was a democrat I could be an alcoholic who drowned his mistress while my pregnant wife was at home on my way home from a KKK rally attended by my good friend the former leader of a domestic terrorist group that applauded 9/11 and provided material support to the leader of the 1993 WTC bombing.

The ensuing media coverage would revolve around how we have to move beyond such petty personal attacks.

But I would throw this fact back in their faces. I'm proud to be the foul-mouthed, beer-swilling schlub that I am because--if nothing else--I'm not one of those aforementioned shitbags that needs to run everyone else's life.