Author Topic: Bacon wrapped jalapenos  (Read 7927 times)

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Bacon wrapped jalapenos
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:40:45 PM »
I looked a little, but didn't see this recipe here. But if it is, it needs to be posted again because it looked so damn good on TV this morning. I'm trying this when I get home next week and have a kitchen again. Or if you're in the Frisco area, this guy has a restaurant where you can get them. And for step 5, I'm not quite sure what a "ramekin" is... but I'd leave out the dipping anyway. No point ruining the taste.

Kenny Bower's Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

6 LARGE JALAPENOS , FRESH

1-1/2 CUPS PEPPER JACK CHEESE, SHREDDED

6 STRIPS BACON, RAW, THICK CUT

12 TOOTH PICKS

1-1/2 OZ BARBEQUE SAUCE

1-1/2 OZ RANCH DRESSING

1. CUT APPROXIMATELY A 1/4 INCH WIDE FROM JUST BELOW THE STEM TO JUST BELOW THE TOE, DIVIT OUT OF THE JALAPENO AND SET ASIDE.

2. GENTLY SCOOP OUT AS MUCH OF THE SEEDS AND WHITE MEMBRANE AS POSSIBLE AND THROW AWAY. BE CAREFUL NOT TO TEAR OR BREAK JALAPENO.

3. FORM ENOUGH JACK CHEESE IN YOUR HAND THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL FILL PEPPER (APPROX. ¼ CUP) AND STUFF PEPPER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. PLACE DIVOT BACK ON PEPPER TO COVER CHEESE. GENTLY SQUEEZE THE PEPPER IN YOUR HAND TO COMPRESS AND CLOSE HOLE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, BE CAREFUL NOT TO TEAR PEPPER.

4. PLACE BACON ON CUTTING BOARD, PLACE THE JALAPENO ON THE BACON JUST ABOVE THE TOE WHERE THE DIVOT BEGINS. WRAP AT AN ANGLE OVERLAPPING THE BACON ON EACH WRAP MAKING SURE DIVOT IS COVERED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO JUST BEFORE THE STEM. GENTLY SQUEEZE IN YOUR HAND TO HELP BACON STICK. SECURE END OF BACON WITH A TOOTH PICK. IF NECESSARY USE ONE PICK ON EACH END.

5. PLACE JALAPENOS ON A GRILL FOR FOR APPROXIMATELY 15 MINUTES TURNING AS NEEDED TO COOK BACON. WHEN BACON IS DEEP GOLDEN BROWN AND CHEESE BEGINS TO OOZE OUT THEY ARE READY.

5. REMOVE TOOTH PICKS, PLACE JALAPENOS ON PLATE WITH RAMEKIN OF BBQ SAUCE AND RAMEKIN OF RANCH FOR dIPPING..

NOTE: IF GRILL IS UNAVAILABLE , PLACE JALAPENOS IN MED HOT SKILLET TO BROWN BACON AND FINISH IN A 450 DEGREE OVEN FOR APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Bacon wrapped jalapenos
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »
A ramekin is a small ceramic shallow "cup" usually used for creme brulee.
 I think I'm going to make these this weekend!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 04:31:12 PM »
Jack in the Box sells fried jalapenos with cheese in them.  They're pretty good as a snack. :cheersmate:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »
I'm giving these a try tonight. Unfortunately the deli where I shop is out of the real thick bacon, so I had to go with the packaged stuff. Not as good, but hell, it's bacon.

The fixins...

Assembled...

I'll have pictures of the final product and a status report later. Dinner's not till 7 or so.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:22:24 PM »
Jack in the Box sells fried jalapenos with cheese in them.  They're pretty good as a snack. :cheersmate:

My wife and I are fans.  I found out Arby's has some kickass peppers too.  They come with a berry sauce that I was at first suspicious, but have learned to really like.

(I learned what a ramekin was from watching "Frasier".  :p )

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
mmmm....BACON. I'm in!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
mmmm....BACON. I'm in!!!

Like my father the engineer use to say:  "You could wrap a dog turd in bacon and make it edible."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »
:rofl:

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »
Like my father the engineer use to say:  "You could wrap a dog turd in bacon and make it edible."

Ahhh...................you've had that also
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »
My wife and I are fans.  I found out Arby's has some kickass peppers too.  They come with a berry sauce that I was at first suspicious, but have learned to really like.

(I learned what a ramekin was from watching "Frasier".  :p )

I tried the ones at Arby's.  They're pretty mild.  I learned what a ramekin was in high school; they're a pain in the ass to wash.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
Frakkin' wow. That was GOOD! Spicy, but not too much. Took them off a few minutes too soon and they were a little tough, but not so much to make them bad. Definitely have to do those again.

On the grill...

Dinner time!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »
I tried the ones at Arby's.  They're pretty mild.  I learned what a ramekin was in high school; they're a pain in the ass to wash.

I've had them from Arby's twice.  They weren't mild either time.  It must be a roll of the produce dice.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57:01 PM »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 07:34:18 AM »

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »
I've had them from Arby's twice.  They weren't mild either time.  It must be a roll of the produce dice.

Wuss.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 10:17:08 AM »

Wuss.

That's what the 'W' stands for in Lord W. Undies.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:30:20 AM »
That's what the 'W' stands for in Lord W. Undies.

LOLZ  :rotf:

:cheersmate: