Author Topic: "I carry a 300 dollar COACH purse...I could give two flips about MO's shoes.."  (Read 4739 times)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Michelle Obama's shoes are interesting only because of what the media was saying about Palin's clothes. After the hullabaloo about Pailin's expensive clothes, Leno tossed MO a softball on his show. She said (paraphrasing), "I buy my clothes off the rack at J. Crew." And the audience thought such modesty to be worthy of great applause. Now we get this tidbit about her shoes. She is a doll, isn't she?
They are just trying to cover up the fact that Sarah would look stunning in a burlap sack. MO has access to the top designers and still looks like crap.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Gratiot

Michelle Obama's shoes are interesting only because of what the media was saying about Palin's clothes. After the hullabaloo about Pailin's expensive clothes, Leno tossed MO a softball on his show. She said (paraphrasing), "I buy my clothes off the rack at J. Crew." And the audience thought such modesty to be worthy of great applause. Now we get this tidbit about her shoes. She is a doll, isn't she?

I still can't get over that Audacity of Deceit!  After practically a year of news articles praising her 'style' as she shopped at exclusive Chicago boutiques and 'in' custom designers, purchasing dresses that cost as much as some cars.  She goes on Leno, and declares, that she shops at J Crew  :thatsright: :mental:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Someone please refresh my memory...... wasn't it greenbriar who was asking if the food was any good in the soup kitchen?  Or was it the free groceries from the neighborhood church?  Or maybe it was nother DUmmie teacher...they run together sometimes, like watered down paint.

And yet there's nothing wrong in the liberal/DUmmie mind about living in Section 8 housing and on the public dole with a 60" plasma TV in your living room, then bitching about how they don't get "free" healthcare.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
I have had the same Fossil purse for about two years now. I think I may have paid about $40 for it at the exchange and I love it. I have a little black bag for dressy occasions but otherwise it is just the one for me.
The Greenbriar primitive makes me think of the E-1's that are running around with the coach bags. To stupid with money to know any better.

And yet they're the same people running to Navy Relief for handouts every month cause they can't make the payments/rent/whatever.  Blow their entire paycheck in Milwaukee/Chicago payday weekend (yes, going back to my days in Great Mistakes) then offering to take duty days for $50 so they'd have SOMETHING to blow at the Helm Club the following weekend.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
If God had wanted me to carry a purse he wouldn't have invented pockets.  My BFF carries a Coach purse and loves it.  I never did get that.  Then again she doesn't understand my unnatural love for my Rugers.  Maybe I should have just been born male but then I would have had to tell my parents that I was an 18 year old lesbian who hates his penis*. :-)

* http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,28245.0.html
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
Well I own Coach purses too but I buy them at the outlet for 50% off cuz I'm smart. :-) I also tithe, give to charity, donate time to worthy causes and make sure friends and family have all that they need. I highly doubt the DUmmiees do the same.

I've bought Prada and Louis Vitton knock offs, it's the thrill of the hunt on Canal Street in NYC !  I love bragging they're fake too.

Offline whiffleball

Guess I'm cheap.  I've been using the same black Healthy Back bag for 8 years.  It's utilitarian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Apparently, then, $300 Coach handbags do not in fact make you smarter, happier, wiser, more intelligent, or more successful in your profession or your marital life.  Coach should sue her for dragging their brand down. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
I've bought Prada and Louis Vitton knock offs, it's the thrill of the hunt on Canal Street in NYC !  I love bragging they're fake too.

it is fun isn't it? I love a bargain! Coach purses happen to be my one weakness though :-) But, I never pay full price. I've also gotten some steals buying them second hand from private individuals.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Apparently, then, $300 Coach handbags do not in fact make you smarter, happier, wiser, more intelligent, or more successful in your profession or your marital life.  Coach should sue her for dragging their brand down. 

What I find depressing (and I do mean depressing) is that the stupid woman clearly thinks Coach is the ne plus ultra of handbags, and she's all too willing to clobber her boardmates over the head with one of her personal belongings to make a lesser point about Michelle Obama. The lesson with Michelle, of course, is twofold:

(a) what kind of a ****ing idiot becomes the most followed woman in America, and then wears $500 sneakers to help poor people?
     (b) Laura Bush got raked over the coals by liberals for exactly the same thing, yet they'll defend Michelle to their dying breath.

Back to greenbriar, and people like her. She's complained that her husband is an alcoholic who is occasionally abusive in one way or another. She allegedly has an alcoholic friend of the family living in her home, as well. There have to be more issues than just that, of course, as alcoholism is both a cause and a symptom of problems...but mostly a symptom.

So she takes cruises and brags about expensive jewelry and handbags. That is depressing if you have any sort of humanity at all.

What I've learned is that no matter what you have, someone else has something even more prestigious. Likewise, if you pretend to be wealthy, you are not wealthy. The nicest people I have ever met are either dirt poor or are filthy rich, but they're happy for exactly the same reason: they like themselves. Yes, you can like yourself and own expensive things, but you cannot aspire to luxury with the expectation that it will make you happier about yourself. I'm sorry that greenbriar cannot learn that lesson.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Greenbriar doesn't get it because she's the poster child of hypocrisy. Her husband is a mean drunk (so she broadcasts all over the Internets) but instead of filing for divorce she takes a yearly cruise with him.

She has a fantasy affair with the cabana boy and thinks of moving in with him but doesn't because she's concerned about what would happen if she left her daughter with a mean drunk. It never occurs to her to wonder whether her own behavior might affect her daughter.

She shops around for food banks because she supposedly can't afford food but she brags about expensive jewelry (bought by the mean drunk), cruises and expensive handbags. She's perfectly willing to take food out of the mouths of her poorer students whose families NEED to shop at food banks so she can have more disposable income to spend on luxuries and then talks about mean republicans for being greedy.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Her husband is a romantic when he buys her what she wants

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2518239

I feel sorry for the daughter.  She worked a whole week at McDonald's so mother dearest could brag about a stupid purse. What kind of mother would even accept a gift like that from her child ? I think she told the daughter she wanted that purse. Only a greedy self centered mother would ask for something like that from a working teen.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Kimberly

Her husband is a romantic when he buys her what she wants

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2518239

I feel sorry for the daughter.  She worked a whole week at McDonald's so mother dearest could brag about a stupid purse. What kind of mother would even accept a gift like that from her child ? I think she told the daughter she wanted that purse. Only a greedy self centered mother would ask for something like that from a working teen.

You know, that was my first thought too. So I had to H5 you.  :-)  I can't even comprehend accepting a gift like that from my daughters when they were teens. The money they made was for college or a car and insurance. But... I can see my daughters wanting to give that to me if I whined/complained enought about it or if they thought it was the way to win my love. So I do think greenbriar's daughter did it to get her mother's attention.

Offline RobJohnson

.  I have a feeling her COACH purse is a knock off she bought herself.

It was $19.99 at the outlet mall.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
It was $19.99 at the outlet mall.

I'm sure it's an authentic Coach. Anyone with $300 open-to-buy on a credit card can buy a Coach purse. Coach os VERY democratic that way.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.