Author Topic: TALK OF HILLARY EXIT ENGULFS CAMPAIGNS  (Read 12635 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
TALK OF HILLARY EXIT ENGULFS CAMPAIGNS
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:23:15 AM »
TALK OF HILLARY EXIT ENGULFS CAMPAIGNS

Mon Jan 07 2008 09:46:28 ET

Facing a double-digit defeat in New Hampshire, a sudden collapse in national polls and an expected fund-raising drought, Senator Hillary Clinton is preparing for a tough decision: Does she get out of the race? And when?!

"She can't take multiple double-digit losses in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada," laments one top campaign insider to the DRUDGE REPORT. "If she gets too badly embarrassed, it will really harm her. She doesn't want the Clinton brand to be damaged with back-to-back-to-back defeats."

Meanwhile, Democrat hopeful John Edwards has confided to senior staff that he is staying in the race because Hillary "could soon be out."

"Her money is going to dry up," Edwards confided, a top source said Monday morning.

MORE

Key players in Clinton's inner circle are said to be split. James Carville is urging her to fight it out through at least February and Super Tuesday, where she has a shot at thwarting Barack Obama in a big state.

"She did not work this hard to get out after one state! All this talk is nonsense," said one top adviser.

But others close to the former first lady now see no possible road to victory, sources claim.

Developing...

[The dramatic reversal of fortunes has left the media establishment stunned and racing to keep up with fast-moving changes.

In its final poll before Iowa, CNN showed Clinton with a two-point lead over Obama. Editorial decisions were being made based on an understanding the Democratic primary race would be close, explained a network executive.]

:popcorn:

FROM DRUDGE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: TALK OF HILLARY EXIT ENGULFS CAMPAIGNS
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
Bitch ain't going down (my second pun today!) without a fight. No way. No how. She's in til the end.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:38:33 AM »
What would be the requirements for her to establish residency in Baghdad? Easier than NY...right?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:01:43 PM »
She will stay in it till the end unless she blows her top; she has plenty of money  Edwards got her goat and she came close to pulling a Howard Dean repeat. Bill R. pisses me off because he sucks up to her and thinks he has a shot as VP. 

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »
And now she's crying  :bawl:

:lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
And now she's crying  :bawl:

:lmao:

I'm hearing it too  :( and all I can muster is  :lmao: :rotf:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:08 PM »
I steer clear of Hillary when she's on TV. Cannot stand her. Does anyone have video of her losing it in the last debate/interview? Is there video of her being upset?

Yeah, I'll watch a train wreck!  :popcorn:

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:40 PM »

what she needs is a late entry to siphon off some of obama's support;  sort of the same thing wesley clark did to howard dean in 2004.  but I don't know which clinton pal would be willing to jump in, or able to siphon off any of obama's worshippers at this point.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »

what she needs is a late entry to siphon off some of obama's support;  sort of the same thing wesley clark did to howard dean in 2004.  but I don't know which clinton pal would be willing to jump in, or able to siphon off any of obama's worshippers at this point.

The Goracle...perhaps?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 02:36:29 PM »
when is the cut off? I must admit to not knowing. I've been rolling my eyes for almost a year as it is with this campaign.  :yawn:

Offline jendf

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »
She's not going to bow out gracefully. She's going to have to be dragged away from the podium kicking and screaming.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

The Goracle...perhaps?

not exactly a friend of the clintons since he holds them (or at least bill's penis) responsible for his losing the white house in 2000, but an intriguing thought . . . .

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »

The Goracle...perhaps?

not exactly a friend of the clintons since he holds them (or at least bill's penis) responsible for his losing the white house in 2000, but an intriguing thought . . . .

LOL! Gore was NOT at all happy when Clenis decided to stump for Hillary's senate run.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 03:42:27 PM »
when is the cut off? I must admit to not knowing. I've been rolling my eyes for almost a year as it is with this campaign.  :yawn:

I don' think there is an official "cutoff".  there is point at which it no longer makes much sense to get into the race as a practical matter, but finding a last minute candidate is what a brokered convention is all about.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 03:47:30 PM »
Ah. I thought there was cutoff to get your name on the ballot.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »
Ah. I thought there was cutoff to get your name on the ballot.

ahh, of course there is. :thatsright:  a certain number of days before the individual primaries, I believe.  but that is staggered throughout the calendar  . . . .

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
She's not going to bow out gracefully. She's going to have to be dragged away from the podium kicking and screaming.
You know...I'd pay 4 bits to see that!   :-)

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »
I steer clear of Hillary when she's on TV. Cannot stand her. Does anyone have video of her losing it in the last debate/interview? Is there video of her being upset?

You tube has one; her voice crackled a little bit but I think it was a put on and an act to get sympathy

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »

I am sure there will be soon. I saw the footage of it today at the dentist's office. She didn't actually cry, but she was on the verge.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 05:46:37 PM »

You tube has one; her voice crackled a little bit but I think it was a put on and an act to get sympathy

I figured it wouldn"t take long before that got out and around. 
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 09:26:39 PM »
Heh, first she tries to look tough...standing up to all those eeeeevil men.  Didn't work then.
Now she's trying the crying bit for sympathy. Won't work now.

What's next?

*shudder*

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

how confused.  do people want a president that evokes sympathy?  good heavens, that's one of the big reasons I cannot fathom a president barack or a president breck girl - they look like easy meat for any future adversaries.   well, that, and I am reasonably sure that hillary could kick both of their asses in a fair fight.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 09:33:19 PM »

how confused.  do people want a president that evokes sympathy?  good heavens, that's one of the big reasons I cannot fathom a president barack or a president breck girl - they look like easy meat for any future adversaries.   well, that, and I am reasonably sure that hillary could kick both of their asses in a fair fight.

Point of order...Hitlery would never be invloved in a fair fight.   :uhsure:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »

ok, there is no sense in fighting about this, but hillary has bigger cajones than both barack hussein (the guy happy to be dominated by mrs barack hussein and oprah on the "primary state eunuch tour", by the way) and johhny edwards.  only 'cause johnny ain't got any no ways.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »

ok, there is no sense in fighting about this, but hillary has bigger cajones than both barack hussein (the guy happy to be dominated by mrs barack hussein and oprah on the "primary state eunuch tour", by the way) and johhny edwards.  only 'cause johnny ain't got any no ways.
I ain't fighting...I agree with ya.  The breck girl keeps his in a bottle somwhere, and "bareback insane" probably never had any.