Author Topic: California Angels impressed by America's team's new digs  (Read 1005 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
California Angels impressed by America's team's new digs
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:35:59 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-yankee-stadium1-2009may01,0,4201337.story

Oh my.

Yankees living large in their new digs

Angels are impressed with their first visit to New York's new $1.5-billion new stadium, but some long for the atmosphere of the old place.

Reporting from New York -- With its spacious concourses, swank restaurants and luxury suites, plush locker rooms, modern facilities and baseball's largest video board -- 59 feet by 101 feet -- it was hard not to be impressed by the new $1.5-billion Yankee Stadium.

But as Angels pitcher Joe Saunders took it all in Thursday, he found himself pining for the raucous old building across the street, the one that Babe Ruth, not taxpayers' millions, built.

"I kind of miss the old stadium already," Saunders said. "It just had the feel of something special. All those legends played there.

"This place is big and it's huge and it's awesome, but the old stadium had that musty smell. It was like, 'Yeah, this is New York.' And it was loud. I hope this one is loud.".....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: California Angels impressed by America's team's new digs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 05:45:44 PM »
Ahhh.  More buzz.  Just wait until The Jerry Jones/Logan's Run Palace Of Pigskin opens this year in Arlington (Texas).  There will be BUZZZZZ.