Author Topic: Let Me Scare You Just A Little  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Let Me Scare You Just A Little
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2871765

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-15-08 02:58 PM
Original message
   Advertisements [?]

The activities of our Government as regards detainees and their treatment during interrogation is precedence setting. Consequently we have no reason to think that the practice will not spread. President Bush has by virtue of condoning torture at the Federal level announced to American law enforcement activities at every level that it is a viable tool to add to their toolbox.

Consequently a defense has been set for local police departments who decide to torture detainees in order to illicit further information about their activities. For instance, a teenager stopped for possession of a joint might be water boarded at the local precinct to find out who his supplier(s) are. You think not? The precedent has been set at the highest level, of course its going to slide down to the everyday working level of law enforcement.

Yet they say we are always trying to scare someone. ::)

leftchick  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 04:18 PM
Response to Reply #1
9. thank you
   for that reality blast. Sick isn't it?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tekisui  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-15-08 03:35 PM
Response to Original message
5. The possibility of widespread use is the very reason any of it is ever "leaked."

Something I don`t get.
They were talking about waterboarding a small number of terrorists a year or two ago yet somehow it is a new and sudden revelation to the primitives.

er Blaue Engel  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 04:13 PM
6. By Bush's own words, he is a terrorist and should therefore be waterboarded
   and have other means of "enhanced interrogation" used on him and all of his cohorts until he ****ing tells the truth about everything he's done in his (so far) 7-year rape of this country.

Yeah,yeah...whatever.

flashl  (1000+ posts)        Sat Feb-16-08 09:20 AM
14. To see precedence, review the 'government's' lawful activities in minority communities. nt

Is there ever a thread on the island that someone DOESN`T try to make into a racial issue?

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Let Me Scare You Just A Little
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:09:56 PM »
If a sane person was reading the DUmp for the first time, and had no prior knowledge of their rampant mental illness, and assumed consistency of thinking was the norm, the sane person would have to assume the DUmpmonkeys consider Franklin D. Roosevelt to be the greatest monster who ever lived. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »
I think the Dump Monkey's should spread the word. Might keep them out of trouble. I would like to see the fuzz waterboard Code Pink and some of the env. and abortion nuts.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »
If a sane person was reading the DUmp for the first time, and had no prior knowledge of their rampant mental illness, and assumed consistency of thinking was the norm, the sane person would have to assume the DUmpmonkeys consider Franklin D. Roosevelt to be the greatest monster who ever lived. 

I know some Japanese folks who will agree with you....FDR wise. :banghead:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
ThomWV  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-15-08 02:58 PM
Original message

Consequently a defense has been set for local police departments who decide to torture detainees in order to illicit further information about their activities. For instance, a teenager stopped for possession of a joint might be water boarded at the local precinct to find out who his supplier(s) are. You think not? The precedent has been set at the highest level, of course its going to slide down to the everyday working level of law enforcement.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!  :rotf:

Un-****in'-believable.  Too funny.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »
Better turn it up a few notches, Commie, that one didn't actually register on my Scaremeter.

:whatever:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
Better turn it up a few notches, Commie, that one didn't actually register on my Scaremeter.

They're not very good at this.   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 11:38:27 PM »

We need to be careful here. If the Paranoid-Schitzo posts a picture of his hands, I'll crap my pants with fright!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 11:44:02 PM »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 05:54:50 AM »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »

FEEEEEED  ME!!!

(Little Shop of Horrors reference)
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 07:05:18 AM »
ThomWV  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-15-08 02:58 PM
Original message

It's apparently lost on the DUmmie that the terrorists are foreign nationals caught without uniforms on the battlefield

Just like that teenager with the joint, right?? :whatever:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 08:08:29 AM »
The precedence set of course by our founding fathers for those fighting without a uniform was a quick bullet to the head.

Perhaps that is what local law enforcement should be doing to those teens caught with pot.  Afterall, it is all supply and demand.  If we eliminate the demand then there will be no need for the supply.

Hey, I need to get on the phone to Karl Rove.... I may be on to something...

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »
Cops don't need to waterboard drug users for information. Druggies roll on each other easily with promises of lighter sentences. Been doing it for years, no torture needed.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
President Bush has by virtue of condoning torture at the Federal level announced to American law enforcement activities at every level that it is a viable tool to add to their toolbox.

President Bush has also condoned launching air strikes against suspected terrorist hideouts. I guess that's signalling Sheriff Billy Bob that he can get his own shiny new F-16 to turn the local glue huffer's house into a smoking crater. 

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself