Author Topic: Could it be we are witnesses to the fall of the bush/cheney regime  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Wait a minute..............looking out the window the sky is blue. Dogs still bark and not talk. I have seen no swine flying by. The news people are talking about the Daytona 500.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2875203

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:26 AM
Original message
Could it be we are witnesses to the fall of the bush/cheney regime

That's it for the OP...................hmmm what are they discussing

Angela Shelley (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:28 AM
Response to Original message
1. Yes, it could be ... but unfortunately, we are falling with them

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:32 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. I smell nixon in the air this morning , watergate redux
 that last flight of the petulant one is near

Oh I see.....................the 1,550,456 trillonth impeachment post..............Rod tell it what it's one.

Mira  (733 posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 09:06 AM
Response to Reply #1
14. I smell goose - and it is cooked N/T

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 09:12 AM
Response to Reply #14
15. Yes I love cooked goose
 seriously though as a kid we would have baked goose from time to time

Nice move Mira.............the old goose and switch. The primitives really lack any attention span.

lligrd (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:29 AM
2. I Find It Hard To Believe I Was Ever Witness To The
 forming of it. Still hoping it was all a nightmare. Can you believe in my nightmare American's selected them twice?

what you mean no stolen elections in 2000 or 2004  :thatsright:

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:34 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. no I can't, the counters selected them twice not the voters casting the votes
 an important element in all these crimes and misdirections I might add too

lligrd (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:59 AM
Response to Reply #4
10. Yikes, My Nightmare Had That In It too
 Edited on Sat Feb-16-08 09:00 AM by lligrd
Worse yet, in my nightmare, the Supreme Court, Congress and the American people did nothing about it. A few tried but not enough to amount to anything.

Someone needs to lie on the couch for many, many years

TheDebbieDee (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 09:27 AM
Response to Reply #2
18. They weren't selected. They mugged Al Gore and John Kerry!

jimshoes  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:34 AM
5. I'll feel better about it if
 I see either of them taken away in handcuffs and their secret files siezed and impounded but, I'll take what I can get.

postulater (819 posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:35 AM
6. What makes you think that?
 And how will we know if it does happen? Are you really expecting them to be gone from office before the end of their term?

If they make it to 1/19/09 they will claim success, no matter what happens in between.

That's because it has been a success dumbass poo flinger

KharmaTrain  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:42 AM
7. It Began The Day After the '04 Election
 I'll bet Rove sat that day and said "boy we really bullshitted 'em again". That was the day boooshie boasted that he had "political capital and was gonna use it". The corporate media was all but declaring the Democratic party dead if not irrelevant. It's been all downhill from there.

The first fall was the Schaivo circus...where a majority of us were shocked to see how intrusive the GOOPers would become...willing to decide for us who gets to decided to pull the plug on a loved one. Inversely, the fundies got pissed cause boooshie, despire flying back in the middle of the night to sign the ridiculous bill to keep this poor woman and her family suffering longer, it wasn't enough...Terri Schaivo didn't get up and do the jitterbug like Dr. Frist all but predicted.

Then, there was Katrina, Plamegate, Abu Grahb, 4,000 dead in Iraq, $3.00 a gallon gas prices...and much more...all the "fine" work of this regime over the past couple years.

In the wake of the '04 election, I was devestated and told all those who voted to re-select this regime they had blood on their hands..many now realize it and are trying to wash it and the past 7 years out of their system. The booooosh "legacy" will be that no one speaks of him.

Wasn't that a promise from the current Congress to lower the price of a gallon of gasoline???

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 09:02 AM
Response to Reply #7
12. its getting harder and harder each day to find anyone who voted for bush/cheney
 that'll admit it anyway. One thing I've found out about truth is it's always with you, no matter how much one denies something, at the end of the day its still there with them. This is kind of what I suspect it would be like to watch a train wreck, it just keeps on coming and coming. We, my friends of DU, are about to embark on a whole new endeavor, a mission that will restore our constitution and bill of rights to the forefront like they so deserve. I see good things happening from all this chaos we have been living for the past 7 plus year. At the end of the day America will stand tall again

peace and happiness for better days are ahead of us now

I voted for em twice dipshit and I'm proud of those votes

KharmaTrain  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 09:13 AM
Response to Reply #12
16. I'm WIth You There...
 I see the greatest chance to bring positive, progressive change to this country than I have ever seen in my nearly (one week shy of) 52 years. The key is this change won't happen overnight...nor should it. But, our chance is arriving to do as you say, turn this country around...all it requires is keeping the "eye on the prize" and realize that governmental change isn't overnight and that whatever gains are made won't be easy...the GOOP won't go away.

The next 4 years will be "clean-up" time...removing our troops from Iraq, purging virtually every part of the federal government and clear out the Liberty University clones and political hacks, restoring international relations and averting further financial disater and decline. If this can be done...then the stage is set for all sorts of progressive legislation to move along as well.

Here's to making our common goals happen...

Hmmm.............I wonder if everyone will jump on that if it's a Demonrat that does the purge??

lligrd (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 09:25 AM
Response to Reply #12
17. Saw One The Other Day And Was Very Tempted To Follow
 until it stopped and confront the occupants with " , how could you still not get it?" . Then, I pulled up to the car and felt pity for the poor, short, elderly guy driving that could barely be seen. He probably couldn't get that old Bush/Cheney sticker off his car.

:bird:
no_hypocrisy  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:52 AM
8. I'll relax the minute * can no longer give an order that will be executed by the 
 military and national guard.

Well my feelings will be one or the other depending on who is the next president

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 09:29 AM
19. In our dreams maybe
 But last I checked, they were still in power

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Could it be we are witnesses to the fall of the bush/cheney regime
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »
KharmaTrain  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 09:13 AM
Response to Reply #12
16. I'm WIth You There...
 I see the greatest chance to bring positive, progressive change to this country than I have ever seen in my nearly (one week shy of) 52 years. The key is this change won't happen overnight...nor should it. But, our chance is arriving to do as you say, turn this country around...all it requires is keeping the "eye on the prize" and realize that governmental change isn't overnight and that whatever gains are made won't be easy...the GOOP won't go away.

The next 4 years will be "clean-up" time...removing our troops from Iraq, purging virtually every part of the federal government and clear out the Liberty University clones and political hacks, restoring international relations and averting further financial disater and decline. If this can be done...then the stage is set for all sorts of progressive legislation to move along as well.

Here's to making our common goals happen...

There is something a bit worriesome about that,thinking of the shadow government of Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame and what a dem President might install at all levels of govenment.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
Yes the end of GWB is near, it is called the end of his term.  Idiots.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »
Wasn't that a promise from the current Congress to lower the price of a gallon of gasoline???

Well gas is from 2.86 to 2.99 in these parts so the dems brought gas under the 3 dollar mark  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.