Author Topic: Are the stockholders of AT&T accomplices to a crime?  (Read 1080 times)

Online Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Are the stockholders of AT&T accomplices to a crime?
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »
 :thatsright:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2875163

kentuck  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 07:59 AM
Original message
Are the stockholders of AT&T accomplices to a crime?
A few weeks ago, the telecoms shut off their spying temporarily because the White House forgot to pay them. We can read many things into that story.

First of all, they were being paid by someone to spy on "someone"? Just who, we do not know. Also, we do not know how much they were paid? Was it $100 million? Was it $500 million? Or was it more than a billion dollars? And was this money distributed amongst the stockholders of these telecoms?

These are questions that American citizens have a right to know. Just who were they spying upon? Was it just al Qaeda? Or was it their political opposition? The stockholders of these companies cannot sit back and take these bribes and still maintain that they have clean hands. This needs to be investigated in the worst way.

Does their stupidity and damn paranoia have no bounds??

Wait...........................we're just talking of the stock holders...............through me some more tinfoil

Angela Shelley (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:01 AM
Response to Original message
1. And US taxpayers who are receiving a rebate check
 should be investigated too!

:bird:

kentuck  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:07 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. Were the American people taking bribes to spy on other Americans?
 Is that what the "rebate" is for? Where's the analogy??

The Jim Beam primitive removed the tin foil for a moment..............or is wondering how it missed this connection.

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:58 AM
Response to Reply #2
16. The rebate is to stimulate the economy
 And to further bankrupt it.

Jawja  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:09 AM
3. Are consumers of 
 gas for their vehicles also accomplices to crimes? Such as funding terror and/or funding George W. Bush, who has committed war crimes?
  :bird: :bird:

kentuck  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:12 AM
Response to Reply #3
4. What consumers are asking for immunity?
 What citizens do you know that the President is willing to make our country vulnerable in order to protect them?

:lost:

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:13 AM
5. Or was it their political opposition?
 Yes and their supporters as well.

:thatsright:

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:13 AM
6. This is why corporations have regulations controlling them
 Edited on Sat Feb-16-08 08:19 AM by mac2
If they spy they are more powerful than a person so they are even more responsible to obey our laws and Constitution.

Another problem is that many of these corporations are bundled into various indexes, pension funds, etc. so people don't follow just one companies activities. The government and Wall Street regulators should be doing that. Oh I forgot this administration has made our federal government so small they can't do it...or aren't given the budget to do it. They are irresponsible on purpose to allow thuggery and fraud.

We the Americans who use their services should sue them for breaking the laws regarding our privacy. Heck with what Bush wants. He should have been protecting our rights as leader of our democracy. Instead he is the problem. How dare he use our tax dollars to spy on us. Impeach him Congress.

Yes...shareholders should be responsible to see that their CEO and board follow our laws. They should demand their resignation since they violated our Constitution and rights.

Corporate law in every state is very clear that a corporation is responsible to the community and their workers. Stealing the company and sending them to 3rd world countries including their technology and markets is robbery by their CEO and directors. That has not been enforced by the states for the same reason as the federal government lack of oversight. The laws are there since the Robber Barons of the last century. They just need enforcing. Fines can be very large.

Corporate control of our government's function on every level is FASCISM. The "inJustice" Department should know that. So should our Congress and leaders. President Jefferson warned that corporate power and wealth could destroy democracy.

Take that fact and run with it "make up History" Channel. Happy Presidents day.

The mac2 primitive is delusional

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 08:14 AM
7. The stock holders have the ability to remove the executives who colluded with Bush
 Rather than pay them hundreds of millions in annual bonus why not toss one or two of them out on the street for violating the law?

IDJIT

Angela Shelley (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:14 AM
8. Stockholders, if we like it or not, only know what´s going
 on with a corporation if the activities are published in an annual report or reported in the media.

Average stockholders have no "insider" information, just like taxpayers know very little about the activities of their government.

Stockholders provide capital, but do not make the decisions.
Citizens provide the capital for the government, but do not make the decisions.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! TROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!11!111

kentuck  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-16-08 08:18 AM
Response to Reply #8
10. But some stockholders know...
 if they are taking bribes from the US government. And who profits individually?

Ahh better now..........speculation..conspiracy....not reality  :mental:

Angela Shelley (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:26 AM
Response to Reply #10
11. OK kentuck, I understand your thread. 
 You are talking about "financial gain" through bribes.

Which came first, the government bribe or the illegal wiretapping?

If the government is not held accountable for paying bribes for illegal activities, how can we complain about the telecoms who took the bribes?

Maybe they are just "patriotic citizens" who are doing what their government has asked them to do?

You can understand the poo flung walls

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:42 AM
Response to Reply #11
14. No it's greed and being members of the elite few
 who plan World Government corporate control.

Finally some neocon stuff...................Ron Paul is that you  :lmao:

Holy hell mac.............

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:35 AM
Response to Reply #10
12.  A lot of investors don't really care about their country 
 Edited on Sat Feb-16-08 09:00 AM by mac2
only the bottom line in their checking account. Little good that does when their society falls (like in Germany).

An older, retired friend of mine was telling me all the Florida retired were attending lunches etc. to learn about profiting off private prisons. Good god some of them could end up in them in the future. You wonder why we have so many people in prisons? It's for what else but profit of the few.

I told her I thought it was immoral to profit off of jails,etc. Many live in very bad conditions and do slave labor.

Oprah and her friend went to Charlotte, NC to find date-able men. They said it was a great city for it. What? Did they not know that North Carolina is full of prisons with Afro-American men in them? At least six or seven north of the Triangle area (our real estate woman's husband was a prison administrator so she told us about the area). Many in the city are x-felons, low wage, etc.? This is so they don't get ahead and can't vote.

As far as I'm concerned when a person does their time for a crime and gets out of prison they should be able to vote since they pay taxes, go to war, etc. They become a member of the community with responsibilities, etc.

Oprah should do a show on all the Afro-American males in prison making finding a Afro-American male to date difficult.

Also many of the males in North Caroline because of the lack of jobs and previous farm economy are joining the military. Blackwater is located there. This occurred to me when I looked at the number of males going to my niece's college. There were a lot more woman. I thought, where are they? Now I know. Prisons, the military, or just plain too impoverished to date and marry...have a family. This President and NAFTA has put the community many years behind regarding minorities and their ability to "bring them up".

Happy Black History month.

Hell this is a bouncy within a tinfoiler.........I, once again residing in NC and having been raised here can say....BULLSHIT. Notice not once did this primitive know these things for a fact, but was always related to it by others.

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-16-08 08:45 AM
Response to Reply #8
15. The Fourth Estate is the "Fourth Front"
 Edited on Sat Feb-16-08 08:53 AM by mac2
of destroying our democracy. They are responsible to inform the people. They are corporate run and only care about the elite few profits. We should target them and destroy their consumer base.

The Chicago Tribune is a very famous newspaper family who also took over the LA Times. They changed it from a liberal newspaper to a non-functioning rag. The editor refuses to publish some articles by journalists. They are both almost bankrupt since their consumers were mostly liberal. But they did silence the liberal voices. I think certain newspapers are also being funded by the White House propaganda machine. They can't exist otherwise.

Journalists and media owners are now part of those elite groups (Bilderberg Group, etc.). They should be exposed for what they are. On our airways the FCC should remove them for failing to inform the people. It is part of their contract to get a license. If the FCC fails to do so the Congress should remove the head of the FCC.

The Neo Cons have corrupted every institution in our democracy for their own power and profit...using our tax dollars to do it.

I believe this could be Ron Paul

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Are the stockholders of AT&T accomplices to a crime?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »
What is the Big Whopper primitive talking about, in the very last comment?

TheLost Angeles Times "used to be" a liberal newspaper?

The Chicago Tribune "used to be" a liberal newspaper?

The Big Whopper primitive is assbackwards here.

The Lost Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune used to be conservative newspapers, then swung wildly left.

It appears the Big Whopper primitive is making up "facts" in his head.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Are the stockholders of AT&T accomplices to a crime?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »
Good Lord how do they think this stuff up?  :mental: