Author Topic: DUmmies gleeful about torture documents  (Read 517 times)

Offline Vagabond

DUmmies gleeful about torture documents
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »
flyarm (1000+ posts)        Thu Apr-23-09 10:34 PM
Original message
Detainee Abuse Pictures to Be Released May 28 

Detainee Abuse Pictures to Be Released May 28
http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com /

By: emptywheel Thursday April 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks, again, to the ACLU:

By orders dated June 9, 2006 and June 21, 2006, the Court directed the Government to release twenty-one photographs depicting the treatment of detainees in Iraq and Afghanistan. By opinion dated September 22, 2008, the Second Circuit affirmed this Court's orders. On November 6, 2008, Appellants filed a petition for rehearing en banc only as to the panel's decision on FOIA exemption 7(F); that petition was denied March 12, 2009. As the Government has now determined that it will not seek certiorari of the Second Circuit's decision, the Department of Defense is preparing to release the 21 photos at issue in the appeal and 23 other photos identified as responsive. In addition, the Government also is processing for release a substantial number of other images contained in Army CID reports that have been closed during the pendency of this case; these other images will be processed consistent with the Court's previous rulings on responsive images in this case. The parties have reached an agreement that the Department of Defense will produce all the responsive images by May 28, 2009.

Whether you believe Obama is impeding investigation or playing 11 dimension chess to set it up without looking like the bad guy, his policy on FOIA has already begun to open up the floodgates that may enable public opinion make this happen.

I know we've been having our own fund-raiser, but if you can, please show some appreciation to the ACLU for fighting this fight. Multi-year FOIA fights don't come cheap.

Congratulation, idiots.  All this is going to do is stir people up and get more Amercan troops killed.  Then again that really is your goal isn't it?  That sick soul of yours delights in seeing our troops put in ever greater harm as a reult of your actions and policies.  That Obama won't stop this is unfathomable, but a guess a muslim may have never heard the phrase "Let a sleepin' dog lay".

AtomicKitten  (1000+ posts)        Thu Apr-23-09 10:42 PM
Response to Original message
1. Great news. I'm a big fan of sunshine. 
 K&R 

Even when the only good reason for the "sunshine" is to cause yet more of the death and destruction you claim to be against?

jtrockville  (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-23-09 10:45 PM
2. Should we try and organize an ACLU money bomb on May 28th?

Nothing like that nuclear bomb when it gets to one of those liberal enclaves called a city.

Hanse (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-23-09 10:50 PM
5. Right on schedule.
 Release torture memos.

Let republicans fall over themselves defending it.

Release photos.

Let republicans choke on it.

Just another move in the chess game.

So your game is power at all cost is it.  Of course, secretly you want to apply the same techniques to every conservative and christian wherever they may be.  Those photos had nothing to do with the interogations.  If an American soldier dies because of what you clowns are doing, and it is almost certain that will happen.......let's just say that perhaps we need to review who constitutes our enemies. 

Forkboy  (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-23-09 11:23 PM
6. K&R, though I'm not sure I need to see more pics personally.
 My forehead vein almost popped when seeing the first batch. 

Finish the thought.  Each and everyone of those soldiers faced court martials and punishments including dishonorable discharges.  Even then, you liberals only wanted to get American troops killed.  You never even bothered with the truth.  You are scum.

monmouth  (1000+ posts)        Fri Apr-24-09 01:21 PM
9. Just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Chess people, chess.....n/t 

And just how many more sons didn't make it home to mom?  How many dads didn't make it back to their kids?  How many husbands didn't make it back to their wives?  How many more soldiers are we remembering this memorial day because you just had to use the incident to try and tear Bush down?  You have the blood of American soldiers on your hands, liberal.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  These people aren't idiots.  I'm convinced anymore they know the result and do it on purpose.  There is no coexisting in the same house or country with such people.

DUmmies excited to stir up trouble again
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: DUmmies gleeful about torture documents
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »
Of course they're doing it on purpose. This has never been about "justice" or "transparency" or "morals" or about "our standing in the world community." This and every other manufactured outrage for the past eight years has been about one thing: Bush's victories in 2000 and 2004. It's never been anything but an attempt to punish Bush and Republicans for their past successes and besmirch them in order to prevent future ones.

Always has been, always will be.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself