Author Topic: All I every wanted was to just have a chance to live a little life  (Read 1539 times)

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2871923

blues90  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 03:23 PM
Original message
All I every wanted was to just have a chance to live a little life
   Advertisements [?]

Now since everything has become so complicated and out of control that without being a political and environmental and medical plus a business expert this is impossible .

Everything is blown way out of proportion and nothing makes logical sense let alone common sense .

People are in this political rage thinking one of the three corporate presidential picks will ride in on a white horse and save everything when common sense tells me this is more of the same insanity we have seen for 50 years or more .

I am obsolete in a fake world of smoke and mirrors due to high technology and fake promises and over population as if continuing the family name is really something to be desired .

I don't want any part of this madness yet I am stuck with in now because each thing does affect me in one way or another .

There are so many reasonable and simple ways to fix this mess yet it has become so complicated and opinionated that we are buried in a world of shit by design brought on by greed and the love of machines and new shiny throw away crap .

At this point I don't care anymore , just leave me out of this rage of the machine and all the political rants and madness . Don't call my phone with campaign adds designed to get me out to vote for a liar or a fool who has about as much interest in my rights and life as they have in what brand of toilet paper they buy to wipe their ass .

Next it will be Obama rolls , the big roll or Hillary wipes or McCain leave the seat up mentality .

It's all a scam and a cult no matter how I look at it . It's a game of blood money and position and when the smoke clears and the decor is swept away I will be still in the same boat with the same holes I am in now .

It will still be endless streams of cars on the freeways in an endless battle to get to work on time with those who are smashed and reduced to blood spots as a video game . All forgotten as an acceptable part of this madness . You hear this every single day on any traffic report which now continues 24/7 .

We have has many years to foresee this sort of end result yet people go on as long as they are not a victim of a crash or shooting or have their entire bank account drained and have nothing left of a lifetime of working and hoping .

everything is number one or the best yet we have one million choices to choose from when all are crap .

I am under no spell of hope by Obama or the experience of Hillary when neither will change a damn thing .

The machine will rage on and continue to take more and more victims as time marches on , this you can truly count on .

Honest to God how do they dream up these melodramatic horse muffins? :whatever:

BeHereNow  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-15-08 03:29 PM
Response to Original message
1. Time to pick up your guitar-
   Playing is the ONLY relief I get these days.
Otherwise, I would have a nervous break down because
I agree with everything you say.

Been for a hike in Griffith Park lately?
That helps too.

BHN

::)

blues90  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 03:45 PM
Response to Reply #1
4.  I have already reached my breakdown point
   My guitar was my only escape but I have not picked it up much lately . I have not gone to Griffith park in a long time . I have this problem getting out of the house now , you could say I have become a captive .

blues90  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #7
10. It's not lazy , for me something died inside
   It is difficult to do the simple things just to get through the day .

I search for help only to find people who deal with depression are far and few in between even when I had insurance it was regulated to 10 visits a year .

They hand you a script and pat you on the back and you deal with it the best you can . I don;t want to deal , I want to pull out of this and can't find the key to the door out .

Uhmm...try getting away from people who are just as or more crazy for a while.

The wallowing in self inflicted misery just goes on and on.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: All I every wanted was to just have a chance to live a little life
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »
blues90  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #7
10. It's not lazy , for me something died inside
   It is difficult to do the simple things just to get through the day .

I search for help only to find people who deal with depression are far and few in between even when I had insurance it was regulated to 10 visits a year .

They hand you a script and pat you on the back and you deal with it the best you can . I don;t want to deal , I want to pull out of this and can't find the key to the door out .

This sounds like one of those humanist empty shells who walk around refusing to allow themselves even a tiny bit of the Love of God. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:39:29 PM »
Hang around the DUmp for a while -- it is a guarantee your life will be little.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
Someone needs to give this guy a gun.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »
Someone needs to give this guy a gun.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »
For some reason, this post reminds me of the old hippie song, Sunshine (Go Away Today) except for that song ends on a quasi-optimistic note.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »
Well, while I can understand why the DUmmie has a feeling of futility about the whole political process, you do have the fundamental choice of looking at the glass as half full (like us) or as "Hey, some wingers ****ing stole half a glass of water from me and the womyn and minorities!!!111!!!" (like guess who).

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
Move to Cuba, VZ, or NK.  There it is a much simpler life. You will be foraging for food and shelter so you won't have any time to think about how depressed you are.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 12:46:48 AM »
blues90  (1000+ posts)         Fri Feb-15-08 03:23 PM
Original message
All I every wanted was to just have a chance to live a little life
   Advertisements [?]

Now since everything has become so complicated and out of control that without being a political and environmental and medical plus a business expert this is impossible .

The only one stopping you from "living a little life" is you. Life is only as complicated as you choose to make it. Politics should be a hobby. Who is president or which party is in control of congress is much less important than friends, family, and community. My guess...you're not expert at any of the above (but probably know just enough to be a danger to yourself and others) and still manage to slog through life.

Everything is blown way out of proportion and nothing makes logical sense let alone common sense .

And there's your problem in a nutshell. YOU blow everything out of proportion and have no common sense because you have no perspective.

People are in this political rage thinking one of the three corporate presidential picks will ride in on a white horse and save everything when common sense tells me this is more of the same insanity we have seen for 50 years or more .

Perhaps those of you in DUmmieland believe that, but I've been on this earth long enough to know that no one person or party can solve the world's problems. We can make the best of life in our corner of the world. The rest will have to take care of itself.

I am obsolete in a fake world of smoke and mirrors due to high technology and fake promises and over population as if continuing the family name is really something to be desired .

Good lord, what a self-absorbed one person pity-party.

I don't want any part of this madness yet I am stuck with in now because each thing does affect me in one way or another .

Only because you're so focused on yourself and perceived "issues" that you think every little thing affects you. The world doesn't revolve around you. It never has. It never will. Get a grip.

There are so many reasonable and simple ways to fix this mess yet it has become so complicated and opinionated that we are buried in a world of shit by design brought on by greed and the love of machines and new shiny throw away crap .

I'm sure there's a colony of Luddites just waiting for someone like you. Shut off the computer and turn out the lights before you go, though...don't want to waste that precious energy.

At this point I don't care anymore , just leave me out of this rage of the machine and all the political rants and madness . Don't call my phone with campaign adds designed to get me out to vote for a liar or a fool who has about as much interest in my rights and life as they have in what brand of toilet paper they buy to wipe their ass .

Quoth the DUmmie while ranting and raving and whining.

Next it will be Obama rolls , the big roll or Hillary wipes or McCain leave the seat up mentality .

It's all a scam and a cult no matter how I look at it . It's a game of blood money and position and when the smoke clears and the decor is swept away I will be still in the same boat with the same holes I am in now .

Perhaps you should try putting down the bong and rowing ashore instead of waiting for someone else to tow you there. You guys all expect someone else to solve your problems. Try fixing your own life yourself and you won't be so damned disappointed. When other people are at the helm, they'll naturally steer their way...you want to go a different way, steer your own self.

It will still be endless streams of cars on the freeways in an endless battle to get to work on time with those who are smashed and reduced to blood spots as a video game . All forgotten as an acceptable part of this madness . You hear this every single day on any traffic report which now continues 24/7 .

Try leaving the house 15 minutes earlier. You won't be so pressed for time in the morning. Listen to a favorite CD, books on tape, or some funny morning DJ's. BE YOUR OWN SOLUTION.

We have has many years to foresee this sort of end result yet people go on as long as they are not a victim of a crash or shooting or have their entire bank account drained and have nothing left of a lifetime of working and hoping .

Or "we" could quit trying to imagine some dire future and just live our life today. "We" could stop whining about everything and inventing problems that really don't exist.

everything is number one or the best yet we have one million choices to choose from when all are crap .

Heaven forbid we should consider the myriad choices we have as a blessing.

I am under no spell of hope by Obama or the experience of Hillary when neither will change a damn thing .

The machine will rage on and continue to take more and more victims as time marches on , this you can truly count on .

Oh geez, never mind...just off yourself before November and you won't have to worry about it any more. You people are just pathetic.

Cindie