Author Topic: Hello from Phoenix  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Hello from Phoenix
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »

That is a shame.
There is a place called the Bronco Bowl. One of the worst places to load in and out heavy equipment. Back in the 80's, it would take 10 guys and a rope to load in the heavier pieces. Load outs were the worst.

I was born and raised in Oak Cliff.  Bronco Bowl was part of my life.  It was a place with a character and atmosphere all its own.  It's gone too.

Offline addisondad

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 11:09:31 AM »
I was born and raised in Oak Cliff.  Bronco Bowl was part of my life.  It was a place with a character and atmosphere all its own.  It's gone too.

The last time I was there was with System of a Down in 2002. I had been there a few times before. I don't remember having a bad show there, but I do remember how much locals loved the place. And I'll never forget how much work was put in to get the gear in ad out of the place.
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
Ayn Rand

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 11:16:35 AM »

The last time I was there was with System of a Down in 2002. I had been there a few times before. I don't remember having a bad show there, but I do remember how much locals loved the place. And I'll never forget how much work was put in to get the gear in ad out of the place.

I have great memories about the place.  There was a great snack bar.  Nothing like a Bronco Burger with Fifth Frame Fries.

I saw only one show there in the Auditorium.  I think it was the Butthole Surfers.  It was a long tiime ago.

The place was not designed (in 1958) for rock shows.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »
Welcome to CC. Glad to see new people.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"