Author Topic: DUmmies abortion talking points  (Read 980 times)

Offline Vagabond

DUmmies abortion talking points
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »
DUmmie argues with a libertarian on facebook

jasmeel (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-09-09 09:50 AM
His point from his 25 things on Facebook:
14. I am staunchly Right to Life. I do not believe in second class humans, no matter what stage of development they are in. I have run though all the abortion-choice arguments and they are either de-humanizing, misleading or just plain false. This is my biggest disagreement with the Libertarian Party and will most likely be the reason we part ways. I invite all and especially libertarians to go to l4l.org (libertarians for life) and review their arguments. I also find it ironic that our own Mr. Macko, who the LPO sees as a bigoted, sexist, anti-semitic, homophobic, holocaust denying, white supremacist, believes that all humans have the same rights from conception to natural death, while other leaders in our party seem to think that rights are given to the developing child by the mother when she feels like it. It makes me beg the question, “If rights are given to us arbitrarily from somewhere outside ourselves, can they not be justifiably and arbitrarily taken away from us by something outside of ourselves?” and “ If the government allows a mother to decide when her pre-born child has rights, isn't it then the government who is actually giving those rights to the child by proxy?” if so then I could argue that all rights come from the government to the people and can be taken away from the people by the government which would make the foundations of libertarianism (and the U.S. Constitution) false. If you wish to present your abortion-choice arguments to me, please read the library at l4l.org before doing so. It will save us both time.

Pretty good for a libertarian, now if only he realizes that these natural rights come from creation and the creator.....

My Counterpoint (sort of a joke)
1:58pm March 8
Does my kidney have the same rights as my fetus?? I don't know how I'm going to send it to college!!

This would depend, can your kidney live outside of you?

His dickish response (note the misspelling)
at 12:41am March 9
Thank you Georgette for reinforcing my arguement. Your quip was dehumanizing to a developing baby. Again, please read the library at l4l.org. It covers your dehumanizing comparison of baby = tissue mass. Also, the DNA in your kidney is the same as the DNA in your heart, your developing baby's DNA is different than your kidney's, that is to say it is his or her own individual DNA.

He is right again, but not to worry.  This DUmmie won't realize who is really being the dick here.

My return response (note the logic, facts and reason)
9:29am March 9
Modern science tells us that some cells within the developing fetus are in fact not pluripotent. Thus,your kidney does have a good deal in common with your fetus (which has cells that are not pluripotent). It depends on surface antigens expressed on certain cells within the developing fetus whether they can become any cell (pluripotency) or have a predetermined cell fate. (King et al 2009 stem Cells Dev.)

Also, your logic in point #14 is flawed. Your argument assumes you are correct from the outset rather than arguing your point based on facts. To refer to a fetus as a pre born child assumes it's a child which of course presumes that one who gets an abortion is killing a child which is of course indirectly assumes the fetus is a child. This is called circular logic.

And yet, you're kidney is not capable of living outside of you and never will be.  The fetus on the other hand will develop and eventually be able to live completely independent of you.  No small difference, that.

On to the peanut gallery....

BluePatriot21 (118 posts)      Mon Mar-09-09 09:47 AM
Response to Original message
1. If you would...
 If you would like to debate me on abortion and the wonders of the female body and its cell structure kindly get your own vagina first and then come talk to me, until then keep your dick in your pants so the women in the world wont need to immediately run out and have an abortion because they had sex with you and got pregnant. Thank you.

PS Stop acting like such a little *****, it in no way makes you qualified to discuss how I deal with mine.

Does that retort work for you? Sorry if I have offended anyone's flower by using those words

Ah yes, it's the men don't have the right to discuss abortion because they can't get pregnant tack.  It neatly avoids the whole notion that fetuses are people and therefore have the right to not have their mother kill them deliberately.  Oh, and as for DUmmie women BP, I have seen the pics.   I wouldn't hit it with a 2x4.

tavalon  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-09-09 09:48 AM
2. You're trying to teach a pig to fly  
 It's going to drive you crazy and probably piss of the pig. It's pointless. These people have no ability to reason or problem solve.  

This is just funny come from a bunch of chemical addled welfare addicts.

jasmeel (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-09-09 09:50 AM
Response to Reply #2
3. I'm waiting to see how long until I get defriended from his
 Edited on Mon Mar-09-09 09:52 AM by jasmeel
acct of Facebook. That's my goal.

Maybe he'll find some logic on his libertarian website... Somehow I doubt it.

Then you can post another "I lost a friend over politics thread".

plantwomyn (516 posts)        Sun Apr-05-09 10:49 AM
10. You can question him about his own statements.
 "This is my biggest disagreement with the Libertarian Party" and "If the government allows a mother to decide..." Libertarianism is all about LIBERTY. Until an human becomes an individual their is no right to "individual liberty". A fetus is in essence at best symbiotic with it's host. Morning sickness is the hosts first clue that her body is attempting to reject a "foreign" object. Once the "relationship" is no longer "mutualistic" it becomes parasitic like a tape worm for example. Tape worms have distinct DNA from their host. So does your Mr. Facebook promote laws to make the removal of tapeworms illegal?

Ah yes, the fetus is just another parasite tack.  Problem is that the fetus is verifiably, genetically human.  The tapeworm is not, and therefore renders you're argument moot.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:42:41 AM by Vagabond »
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline thundley4

Re: DUmmies abortion talking points
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 10:31:09 PM »
Vagabond:
Ah yes, the fetus is just another parasite tack.  Problem is that the fetus is verifiably, genetically human.  The tapeworm is not, and therefore renders you're argument moot.

If anyone should know about parasites, it should be the DUmmies, yet even there they are wrong.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:56:32 AM »
I still cannot understand the pro-death logic.

Its a baby from the time the sperm enters the egg and lodges itself in the lining of the womb.

Its not going to grow into a kidney or a tapeworm. Its going to become a baby. Not a mouse, not a dog, not a pony, its going to be what it is, a baby. There is no logical reason or excuse for anyone to justify their belief in killing the baby, they should just come right out and say it and be cleared of their logical fallacies.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:16:22 AM »
What amazes me the most is that "these" women do not realize the gift that has been bestowed them. The miracle of birth is by far the greatest thing I have ever expeienced as a human being. I just can't imagine why you would want to snuff out the essence of life.

I for one, even though I am not equipped, would like nothing better than to bring a new life into this world. Why is it so many think it is a burden? The whole idea disgusts me!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 03:21:08 AM »
While fervently anti-abortion, I don't like thinking about ANY of those people having children. I cannot imagine how screwed up the offspring of that would be. The funny thing about the tapeworm and kidney arguement is, I have never heard of anyone passing a tapeworm, and then dressing it in baby clothes. Course, I am sure they know more about tapeworms than I do, so maybe that is de rigeur.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 04:07:48 AM »
The DUmmies know that they're killing babies. That's why they get so bend out of shape when someone shows a picture of an aborted baby. If it really was "just a clump of cells" seeing such a picture wouldn't stir them to such extreme. They make these arguments in an attempt to justify their taking of an innocent life and to try to convince themselves that it's okay.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 04:19:56 AM »
Would they be ok with killing this? Or is that different, somehow?

http://www.wagreflex.com/2008/10/amazing-image-o.html
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.