Author Topic: Obama actually delayed hostage rescue from Pirates  (Read 7546 times)

Offline 5412

Obama actually delayed hostage rescue from Pirates
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:45 PM »
WASHINGTON – While Barack Obama is basking in praise for his "decisive" handling of the Somali pirate attack on a merchant ship in the India Ocean, reliable military sources close to the scene are painting a much different picture of the incident – accusing the president of employing restrictive rules of engagement that actually hampered the rescue of Capt. Richard Phillips and extended the drama at sea for days.

Multiple opportunities to free the captain of the Maersk Alabama from three young pirates were missed, these sources say – all because a Navy SEAL team was not immediately ordered to the scene and then forced to operate under strict, non-lethal rules of engagement. They say the response duty office at the Pentagon was initially unwilling to grant an order to use lethal force to rescue Phillips. They also report the White House refused to authorize deployment of a Navy SEAL team to the location for 36 hours, despite the recommendation of the on-scene commander.

The White House also turned down two rescue plans offered up by the Seal commander on the scene and the captain of the USS Bainbridge.

The SEAL team operated under rules of engagement that required them to do nothing unless the hostage's life was in "imminent' danger.  In fact, when the USS Bainbridge dispatched a rigid-hull inflatable boat to bring supplies to the Maersk Alabama, it came under fire that could not be returned even though the SEAL team had the pirates in their sights.

Many hours before the fatal shots were fired, taking out the three young pirates, Phillips jumped into the Indian Ocean with the idea of giving the snipers a clear target. However, the SEAL team was still under orders not to shoot.

Hours later, frustrated by the missed opportunities to resolve the standoff, the commander of the Bainbridge and the captain of the Navy SEAL team determined they had operational authority to evaluate the risk to the hostage, and took out the pirates at the first opportunity – finally freeing Phillips.

The G2 Bulletin report was authored by Joseph Farah, founder and editor of WND, and a veteran newsman with extensive military sources developed over the last 30 years.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=95451

Hi Folks,

This is from the World Net Daily.  I actually called this one.  We have a wimpo for president, probably gonna end up making Carter look brave.

regards,
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:58:58 PM by Chris »

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Obama actually delayed hostage rescue from Pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
The military types here were saying this from the first day.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:33 PM »
I am not surprised about this. He is a spineless coward that gives Neville Chamberlain a run for his money in terms of appeasement. And on top of that, he has the gall to say that appeasement strengthens us  :thatsright: :thatsright:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline 5412

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »
The military types here were saying this from the first day.

Hi,

I made a post when I saw the "imminent danger" because I knew that was the wrong order.  Everyone I know that was or is currently in the military agreed, it was not the proper order to give. 

My real suspicion now is that the part about them pointing a gun at the head of the hostage is not quite accurate.  They may well have made it up so they could act.  Who is gonna say any different, not the guy who's life got saved, and the pirates likely won't say a word.

There is already many posts about how our enemies are laughing their heads off at the lightweight we have in the oval office.  Too bad we do not have a responsible media to print some of this stuff.

regards,

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:42:15 PM »
"9/11, Part II," here we come.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
This dumbass is going to get people killed.  4 years is too far away.

Offline 5412

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »
This dumbass is going to get people killed.  4 years is too far away.

Hi,

I posted this in the non-baseball thread on the Cub message board where politics can get pretty hot and heavy.  So far they have attacked me, the source and Bush, but nary a one has refuted the truth, or even admitting to being a bit concerned that BO is putting us all in danger.  First response was saying he is 10x the president Bush was.......Good Lord!

Some of these libs just do not have a clue.

Regards,

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »
Hi,

I posted this in the non-baseball thread on the Cub message board where politics can get pretty hot and heavy.  So far they have attacked me, the source and Bush, but nary a one has refuted the truth, or even admitting to being a bit concerned that BO is putting us all in danger.  First response was saying he is 10x the president Bush was.......Good Lord!

Regards,

I honestly think that some just don't care how many people die as long as the guy in the white house is spouting off Lib talking points.  :mental:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »
Hi,

Regards,

I try to avoid the loons on there, but once in awhile I'll post a comment down there.  They are good at demonizing the messenger and totally ignoring the message.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »
Hi,

Regards,

Libtards, Garafalo and those like her, will insult anyone who shines the light on the truth...they totally ignore the facts.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 04:59:49 AM »
I honestly think that some just don't care how many people die as long as the guy in the white house is spouting off Lib talking points.  :mental:

Kinda sounds like DU, eh?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »
Hi,

Regards,

The source is not a credible one unfortunately.   I will look to see if anyone else is reporting this, but you have to take a few lumps on the source. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »
Anything better than WND?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 5412

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »
Anything better than WND?

Hi,

That is the only one I can reference. I have some friends who are former military and some with their children currently serving in Iraq.  I had heard some whispers about this after I made the post originally on the thread about the hostage being released.  Unfortunately this is the only source I have in writing that I can quote.

As long as the subject is on the table, this is something that really bothers me.  Assuming that it is true, the mainstream media refuses to cover or investigate the issue, then what sources are left?  Were it not for secondary sources and the internet how is the public to learn what is really going on?

In the mind of the liberals, any source other than their mainstream media that is critical of them and their policies is immediately attacked as being a non-credible source....and that includes Fox News. 

When Bush was in office, any source attacking him was considered credible, then it was picked up by the mainstream and he was forced to defend himself. 

Seems to me that there is really a double standard....which I guess is not anything new....just does not seem right to me.

We are not the ones who should be defending ourselves, the president and administration should be defending their policies.

Oh well, that is the best I can do for the moment.  Hopefully some more stuff will come out of the woodwork.  I have been wrong before, but this is one that I suspect is spot on.

regards,

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »

When Bush was in office, any source attacking him was considered credible, then it was picked up by the mainstream and he was forced to defend himself. 

Seems to me that there is really a double standard....which I guess is not anything new....just does not seem right to me.

We are not the ones who should be defending ourselves, the president and administration should be defending their policies.
Obama gets no credit from me for affecting the rescue of Cpt Phillips as the commander on-scene was acting under long standing authority...

...BUT...

...Obama, and everyone else for that matter, need not defend themselves from allegations that cannot be credibly substantiated and, alas, WND is pretty anemic in that regard.

And just because the left could make hay out of thing such as the Downing Street Memo or Dan Rather's SeeBS story doesn't give us license to chase every rumor to bob to the top of the toilet bowl. Consevatism is, if nothing else, based on truth.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »
This has to be true, Capt Phillips certainly didn't mention Obama in his welcome home comments  :uhsure:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:32 AM »
This has to be true, Capt Phillips certainly didn't mention Obama in his welcome home comments  :uhsure:
I did notice that glaring absence.

Did anyone notice if DU caught it as well?

Offline 5412

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
Obama gets no credit from me for affecting the rescue of Cpt Phillips as the commander on-scene was acting under long standing authority...

...BUT...

...Obama, and everyone else for that matter, need not defend themselves from allegations that cannot be credibly substantiated and, alas, WND is pretty anemic in that regard.

And just because the left could make hay out of thing such as the Downing Street Memo or Dan Rather's SeeBS story doesn't give us license to chase every rumor to bob to the top of the toilet bowl. Consevatism is, if nothing else, based on truth.

Hi,

I agree with you.  At the same time if I was not convinced it was the truth I would not have posted it. 

A few years back I read a book called "Dereliction of Duty" which was written by the Air Force Colonel who was at Clinton's side with the nuclear codes for a good part of his presidency.  Everything in the book was written in first person, things the officer observed.  As luck would have it, I spent some time with a very famous General who was very much in the loop at that time.  I asked him about the book and the author and he told me he knew the author personally and that it was 100% true.  He went on to say something like "If the public knew what was really going on behind the scenes they would be very upset."

Now the book never got any press and it never got picked up by the mainstream media because, God forbid, it was critical of a democrat in office.  I am sure there are many others that the same thing could be said about.

If you want to find out the truth about the factors that led up to the Iraq war and beyond I suggest the book, "The Party of Defeat"  The last fourty pages or so are the footnotes documenting the statements made by the author.  I mention this because my ex-wife happens to be a librarian in a county library and she wanted to read the book.  Well she discovered something interesting.  According to the records they had four books in inventory, they were not checked out, but all four were missing from the library.  Now that must of course be a coincidence, because we have no proof of anything.

What is my point?  I firmly believe there is a concerted and orchestrated effort on the part of the liberals to suppress the truth in any way they possibly can.  That leaves us with little choice but to pay attention to what we see.  I would not have made the post it I did not feel it was accurate, but that may be the best we get.

Of course, if a reporter would consider asking the question at a press conference it might clear up the entire matter, just like BO's birth certificate issue, but it just will not happen.

Thanks for the note of caution.

regards,

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
We have a wimpo for president, probably gonna end up making Carter look brave.
God help us all!

I keep thinking of Joe Biden's statement about Zero's "spine of steel"....

I keep wondering if Zero has found one yet....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
Anyone wanna bet that the somali pirate will not only get a light sentence but that "the dear leader" will pardon him after his first year in office?
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline 5412

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 06:26:10 AM »
Anyone wanna bet that the somali pirate will not only get a light sentence but that "the dear leader" will pardon him after his first year in office?

Hey,

He is just a teen ager, I am sure that will be taken into consideration. He gave himself up and he smiled at the cameras in New York.  He didn't really mean it.

My guess is he will get political asylum and end up on or generous welfare system and start screaming about his rights.....which of course will then cause him to be granted immediate citizenship.

My wife just walked into my office and announced the pirates mommy has already asked BO to pardon her son.  Now this kid took shots at a US military vessel and if BO pardons him that will really sit well with the military.....

regards,
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:18:39 AM by 5412 »

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:01 AM »
Here is another obscure write up I received in an email.... a bit of a bias with the term "raggies", but yanno.  :-)

Obama's Decision on pirate hostage Capt Phillips

Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4 days, I got the following:

1.  BHO wouldn't authorize the DEVGRU/NSWC SEAL teams to the scene for 36 hours going against OSC (on scene commander) recommendation.

2.  Once they arrived, BHO imposed restrictions on their ROE that they couldn't do anything unless the hostage's life was in "imminent" danger

3.  The first time the hostage jumped, the SEALS had the raggies all sighted in, but could not fire due to ROE restriction

4.  When the navy RIB came under fire as it approached with supplies, no fire was returned due to ROE restrictions.  As the raggies were shooting at the RIB, they were exposed and the SEALS had them all dialed in.

5.  BHO specifically denied two rescue plans developed by the Bainbridge CPN and SEAL teams

6.  Bainbridge CPN and SEAL team CDR finally decide they have the OpArea and OSC authority to solely determine risk to hostage.  4 hours later, 3 dead raggies

7.  BHO immediately claims credit for his "daring and decisive" behaviour.  As usual with him, it's BS.

So per our last email thread, I'm downgrading Obama's performace to D-.  Only reason it's not an F is that the hostage survived.

Read the following accurate account.

Philips’ first leap into the warm, dark water of the Indian Ocean hadn’t worked out as well. With the Bainbridge in range and a rescue by his country’s Navy possible, Philips threw himself off of his
lifeboat prison, enabling Navy shooters onboard the destroyer a clear shot at his captors  and none was taken.

The guidance from National Command Authority  the president of the United States, Barack Obama  had been clear: a peaceful solution was the only acceptable outcome to this standoff unless the hostage’s life was in clear, extreme danger.

The next day, a small Navy boat approaching the floating raft was fired on by the Somali pirates  and again no fire was returned and no pirates killed. This was again due to the cautious stance assumed by Navy personnel thanks to the combination of a lack of clear guidance from Washington and a mandate from the commander in chief’s staff not to act until Obama, a man with no background of dealing with such issues and no track record of decisiveness, decided that any outcome other than a “peaceful solution” would be acceptable.

After taking fire from the Somali kidnappers again Saturday night, the on-scene-commander decided he’d had enough.

Keeping his authority to act in the case of a clear and present danger to the hostage’s life and having heard nothing from Washington since yet another request to mount a rescue operation had been denied the day before, the Navy officer  unnamed in all media reports to date  decided the AK47 one captor had leveled at Philips’ back was a threat to the hostage’s life and ordered the NSWC team to take their shots.

Three rounds downrange later, all three brigands became enemy KIA and Philips was safe.

There is upside, downside, and spin side to the series of events over the last week that culminated in yesterday’s dramatic rescue of an American hostage.

Almost immediately following word of the rescue, the Obama administration and its supporters claimed victory against pirates in the Indian Ocean and [1] declared that the dramatic end to the standoff put paid to questions of the inexperienced president’s toughness and decisiveness.

Despite the Obama administration’s (and its sycophants’) attempt to spin yesterday’s success as a result of bold, decisive leadership by the inexperienced president, the reality is nothing of the sort.

What should have been a standoff lasting only hours  as long as it took the USS Bainbridge and its team of NSWC operators to steam to the location became an embarrassing four day and counting standoff between a ragtag handful of criminals with rifles and a U.S. Navy warship.

This information is provided by PURE PURSUIT INFORMATION CENTER, as a service to members of the Military and Air Defense Community with the purpose of offering relevant and timely information on (open source) defense, aviation, emergency, law enforcement and terrorism issues.  Posts may be forwarded to other individuals, organizations and lists for non-commercial purposes
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »
Can anyone here say FUBAR in the White house?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »

FUBAR............................BOHICA
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »
How about FUBARma?