Author Topic: Why do I hang around losers?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Why do I hang around losers?
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

Starts with some whining about the deadbeat's deadbeat friend owing him money.  The last line is the money shot.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7474693

Droopy (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 01:40 PM
Original message
I'm never loaning anyone any money again
 Advertisements [?]Never. You'd think a good friend would get the money back to you like he said he would, but it's been two months and I know he's had at least enough money to make payments on it. I lost a good friend several years ago because of this. He was a room mate and I paid his half of the rent for three months because he was short on cash. I found out, $600 later, that he was short on cash because he had developed a taste for cocaine. I gave him the boot and had to write of the money at a time when I was working for $7.50 an hour.

I kept the first guy out of jail. He owed money on past due child support. Next time he's going to jail unless he gets this money back to me.

Maybe I should see a psychologist about this to see why I hang around losers.

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

I'm sure you do need to see a psychologist, but for different reasons.  If you need to distance yourself from losers, just click the little x at the top right of the screen. :mental:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Why do I hang around losers?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »
He's probably one of the same people that bitches about evil banks for foreclosing on homes. The hypocrisy is amazing.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
He's probably one of the same people that bitches about evil banks for foreclosing on homes. The hypocrisy is amazing.
"But this is my money we're talking about.  The banks have an endless source of it, so they should just give it away to hardworking, unemployed people like me."
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
I thought all these people they were trying to help had $$$$ problems because .... well for a myriad of reasons.  NOW we find out it is because they can't/won't manage their money and/or have substance abuse problems.  Amazing how it comes home to roost in small doses huh?

They'll NEVER acknowledge the larger picture though.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »

If you need to distance yourself from losers, just click the little x at the top right of the screen. :mental:

I literally "laughed out loud" at that one.

This line is confusing, "I kept the first guy out of jail. He owed money on past due child support. Next time he's going to jail unless he gets this money back to me."

He says "next time he's going to jail", as if that guy will  be back asking for money, and that guy, the cokehead, is the deadbeat? This is the former roommate, not the guy that recently stiffed him, right?

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 02:35:51 PM »
"But this is my money we're talking about.  The banks have an endless source of it, so they should just give it away to hardworking, unemployed people like me."
As does the Government.  If the Evil Corporations would quit taking the Government's money and giving it to the Evil Rich People, there would be money for everyone and poverty would end everyone would have a good paying job, no matter what they do or don't know or how little or much they work -- just like it says in the Constitution.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »
As does the Government.  If the Evil Corporations would quit taking the Government's money and giving it to the Evil Rich People, there would be money for everyone and poverty would end everyone would have a good paying job, no matter what they do or don't know or how little or much they work -- just like it says in the Constitution.

They tend to forget that one really important word.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 08:55:37 PM »
I thought it was the damn Asterisk's economy.  The DUmmie should be happy his friend is giving him more reasons to hate Asterisk.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey