Author Topic: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher opens her heart  (Read 1231 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher opens her heart
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:35:28 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2870102

Oh my.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-15-08 10:44 AM
Original message

Opening our hearts and shutting recruitment centers

In the early hours of yesterday morning, we witnessed a historical moment in the anti-war struggle. The Berkeley City Council withstood thousands of hate-filled emails, threats to cut off state and federal funds, hundreds of irate pro-war activists descending on their town insisting they were anti-troops. They stood firm in their opposition to a Marine Recruiting Station in the heart of their peace-loving city. Yesterday as we gathered to celebrate, the City Council expressed their gratitude of the resolve and tenacity of CODEPINK. Finally people in power modeling for Congress how to choose peace, instead of trembling in fear as the right hurls insults and threats.

Help us spread this campaign and sign our pledge of resistance to military recruiting and war and watch the video of youth and veterans speaking out for peace in Berkeley!

Today, CODEPINKers and friends are holding "kiss-ins" at recruiting centers around the country with the message, "Don't Enlist, Stay and Kiss—That Way Everyone Makes Out!" Of course, these actions are energized by the recent landmark actions in Berkeley. We are using the creative power of love to combat the destructive power of war. How better to celebrate Valentine's Day?!

Standing strong, with hearts wide open, Dana, Desiree, Farida, Gael, Gayle, Jodie, Liz, Medea, Nancy and Rae

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/424/t/4589/petitio...

And then oh my again.

eilen  (36 posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 11:19 AM
Response to Original message

1. It's a recruiting office, not a tank

Honestly, this is the kind of thing that people shake their heads at.

If there were no recruiting offices anywhere, the government would just draft you. Recruiting offices are for signing up volunteers. If no one volunteers, they will move the office somewhere else.

This bonfire's just underway, but it's significant the first primitive at it thinks the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher is a silly old biddy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher opens her heart
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
A kiss-in? Oh my. By Code Pinkos? Oh my.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:45:29 AM »
You know, I'm over here right now, on Skins's island, and that bonfire didn't attract but one primitive, and that primitive a critical primitive.

I'm truly surprised.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »
If there were no recruiting offices anywhere, the government would just draft you. Recruiting offices are for signing up volunteers. If no one volunteers, they will move the office somewhere else.

I made this point elsewhere.  The DUmmies should insist on recruiters being on every corner.  The call to bar recruiters is completely opposite from the DUmmies cry for all warmongering fundies to go volunteer.  If there are no recruiting offices, where would these warmongering fundies go to fulfill the DUmmies' demands?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 12:20:26 PM »
Oh my.

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher is trying very hard to kindle that bonfire.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-15-08 01:06 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. And some of us shake our heads at recruiters who lie to our kids

Imagine that!

Welcome to DU! May your time here be educational.

Hmmm.

Given the age of the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher, one suspects she hasn't lived a lie-free life, and given the years the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher has taught, one suspects she hasn't had a lie-free career. 
apres moi, le deluge