Author Topic: Anyone by chance go to this tea party?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline 5412

Anyone by chance go to this tea party?
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »
Hi Folks,

I just found this on a political discussion on another website.

<<I just came back from the Tea Party in Greenville SC, and I doubt the news will cover this but Republican Congressmen Gresham Barrett was booed off the stage because he voted for the bailout, and he had announced he was going to run for governor, his political career is over after tonight.>>

Can anyone validate if this is true?  Sure hope it is.

Wasn't both Senator Lindsey Graham and the SC governor really speaking out against the bailout?  Not sure if SC even took the money.  If congressman Barret voted for the bailout he is being compared to them and he is likely done as a politician on the republican ticket in that state.

Sure hope this is true.  I trust the guy who made the original post but prefer to be cautious with something like this.  Confirmation would be nice.

regards,

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Anyone by chance go to this tea party?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
I found some video, but my 'puter at work has no sound...

[youtube=425,350]1QsY2r7HbTM[/youtube]
http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2009/04/17/barrett-booed-at-greenville-tea-party/
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »

OMG! The writer of that article used to go to Georgia Southern with me... OMG!    :o :hyper:

Adam Fogle was a member of the Georgia Southern College Republicans at the same time I was... such a great guy... never let his wheelchair get in the way of getting things done! ;) 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 5412

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »

Hi,

Thanks, that was terrific.

regards,

Offline 5412

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
OMG! The writer of that article used to go to Georgia Southern with me... OMG!    :o :hyper:

Adam Fogle was a member of the Georgia Southern College Republicans at the same time I was... such a great guy... never let his wheelchair get in the way of getting things done! ;) 

Hi,

Georgia Southern....great school.  In the early 1980's we lived in Atlanta and my son played on a summer baseball team that was pretty good.  We made a few trips to Georgia Southern and actually played the Australian Olympic Team.  The Georgia Southern Baseball coach was a legend and he had been hired to take their best cricket players and teach them how to play baseball.  Couple of those kids made the major leagues.  The first Australian to play in the major leagues was a kid named Craig Shipley.  He ended up getting a scholarship to the University of Alabama I believe, then he probably bounced around the majors for close to ten years.

Probably all took place long before you got there.

regards,