Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 325302 times)

Offline RuralNc

Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #1875 on: March 23, 2023, 06:57:42 PM »
Pancakes and Sausage.

Curing meats and sausage making is one of my hobbies. I have made all types of sausage, cured bacon, Canadian bacon, city hams, country hams! Im getting hungry again just thinking about it.

Although its been quite a while since I had the time, earlier this week I decided I wanted breakfast sausage. On Tuesday I picked up a 7ish pound Boston Butt, cleaned up the grinder and got to it. After grinding and seasoning, it stayed in the fridge overnight so all the flavors could get to know one another. I then packed in meat bags, and into the freezer they went. I thawed one out earlier to have with dinner. 

Good ol' fashioned flavor, with just a few ingredients, and far superior to store bought!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1876 on: March 24, 2023, 10:31:34 AM »
Pancakes and Sausage.

Curing meats and sausage making is one of my hobbies. I have made all types of sausage, cured bacon, Canadian bacon, city hams, country hams! Im getting hungry again just thinking about it.

Although its been quite a while since I had the time, earlier this week I decided I wanted breakfast sausage. On Tuesday I picked up a 7ish pound Boston Butt, cleaned up the grinder and got to it. After grinding and seasoning, it stayed in the fridge overnight so all the flavors could get to know one another. I then packed in meat bags, and into the freezer they went. I thawed one out earlier to have with dinner. 

Good ol' fashioned flavor, with just a few ingredients, and far superior to store bought!

I've got a KitchenAid mixer, but I don't have the grinder attachment - been meaning to get one for years now, but haven't pulled the trigger. What do you use for seasonings in your breakfast sausage besides sage?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #1877 on: March 24, 2023, 11:42:52 AM »
I've got a KitchenAid mixer, but I don't have the grinder attachment - been meaning to get one for years now, but haven't pulled the trigger. What do you use for seasonings in your breakfast sausage besides sage?

I think, when I have time, I might start a separate post about Sausage making. I have a lot of info on that topic..

I use Salt, Pepper, Sage, and Nutmeg.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #1878 on: March 25, 2023, 10:45:21 AM »
I think, when I have time, I might start a separate post about Sausage making. I have a lot of info on that topic..

I use Salt, Pepper, Sage, and Nutmeg.

I'll be looking forward to that post. Thanks!

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #1879 on: July 27, 2023, 10:59:50 PM »
Marinated some beef chunks and mushrooms, put it together with peppers and onions and grilled. Great over rice.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #1880 on: August 17, 2023, 08:39:06 PM »
Long day on a big jet airliner.
My new gas stove was installed after I got home.
Breakfast for dinner!

Link sausage, hashbrowns and fried eggs over med.

May do the same in the morning :yahoo:

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #1881 on: October 28, 2023, 09:49:14 PM »
Clam Chowder in bread bowls. Had 3 family members over for a great soup day.