Author Topic: I hate plumbing  (Read 3037 times)

Offline 9outof10

• Just Off Probation
  • Big Babboon ass lovin' to Mr. President.
I hate plumbing
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
Four trips and $70 later, I replaced a dripping hot water valve going to the washing machine.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: I hate plumbing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »
Four trips and $70 later, I replaced a dripping hot water valve going to the washing machine.
70 dollars for a hot water shut off? You got taken 9! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »

Did you have to buy all the tools to do the job also?

Offline 9outof10

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:16:39 AM »
Did you have to buy all the tools to do the job also?

Well, the valve was corroded and stuck. I was gonna try and heat it up but the plaster wall would ignite. So, because I could not get it off, I had to cut it off, which entailed knocking out a section of the wall. I had lent out my pipe cutter and never saw it again so I had to buy another one of them. $20. So, besides the valve, I had to buy a connector to go from the brass valve to cpvc piping. Cpvc glue (Mine went with my pipe cutter. I let my son "borrow" some stuff and never saw it again.) Shark Bites, which connect the new cpvc piping to the existing copper pipes, T's, and a small section of 1/2 inch tube. The pipes are in my wall so I can not solder. New washing machine hoses. Still have to fix the wall.

$70.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
Yeah, that indoor running water thing is a bitch.  I don't know why we bother.   :innocent:

Offline 9outof10

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:58:23 AM »
Yeah, that indoor running water thing is a bitch.  I don't know why we bother.   :innocent:

Plumbing jobs NEVER turn out easy. When I left the Home Depot the 1st time with just the boiler valve, the check out clerk looked at me and said, "See you soon!!!" She knew.

She just looked at me a grinned when I walked in for the FIFTH time. Thank goodness it is less than a mile away.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 08:04:38 AM »
Sometimes we let our caution make the job more difficult than it needs to be.....for instance, you can easily solder inside a wall as long as you have made adequate access, have properly wet the surronding area, and have a coffee can full of water on the standby.