Author Topic: primitives tipping cows  (Read 2684 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives tipping cows
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2869613

Oh my.

Primitive stupidity is really strong at this bonfire.

By the way, nobody but S Downing and franksolich and maybe BadCat and Mrs. Smith would have the slightest idea of what "tipping cows" is; in Nebraska, it's actually a sanctioned sport.

mqbush (48 posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 09:19 AM
Original message

Not to tip any sacred cows, but... 

Not to tip any sacred cows, but, after all, sloppy rhetoric messes up our ability to distinguish truth from cow pucky.

Remember Vietnam? Discerning citizens applied Nuremburg Trial standards to our own troops. “I vas chust followink orders” was disallowed in Nuremburg as an excuse for prosecuting an illegal(that is an offensive, not a defensive) war. We expected our troops in Vietnam to just say no to prosecuting our illegal war there. When they failed to meet our standards, we sometimes spat on them.

For the illegal invasion of Iraq, the war propaganda machine was programmed to nip expectation in the bud. As a result, troops are applauded everywhere they are seen here, unlike firemen and policemen, who die in greater numbers than troops, yet are barely acknowledged. If anyone breathes or scratches, he’s sure to be told “Our troops are over there fighting to preserve your freedom to do that.”

Well, no. Sorry, but they’re not doing any such thing. They’re trying to pacify Iraq, nothing more. That has nothing to do with protecting our Constitution. If you buy the line, and the others floating around these days, you WILL lose your freedoms, piece by piece, from right here inside the good ol’ US of A.

mike_c  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-15-08 09:23 AM
Response to Original message

1. I don't get it either-- they're fighting in defense of fascist imperialism...

...and committing the supreme war crime-- a war of aggression. There is NOTHING honorable about their service in Iraq-- just the opposite, it disgraces America daily.

atreides1 (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-15-08 09:24 AM

2. I Agree With You

The US military isn't defending America, because they have failed to defend the Constitution. Without the Constitution the United States of America would not exist!!!

In my opinion, and I'm an Army Vet, the US military has failed the people that they are supposed to defend, and have failed to uphold the oath that they took.

tekisui  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 09:28 AM

3. I think you are preaching to the choir, but preach on!

dmallind  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 09:30 AM

4. I'm far from anti-military or pacifist but this is correct

I can't think of a conflict in my lifetime where the military was fighting to protect the US population or our freedoms at all. It's even questionable whether this was the case in WW2. I'm not convinced Hitler had any plans to invade the US.

There are certainly noble and justifiable things our military have done and could do - from helping to end genocide in the Balkans to, yes I believe this, freeing Kuwait and thereby preventing an unstable dictator from seeking to consolidate vital oil supplies.

Certainly having a capable and powerful military capability deters any nation who may take it into their heads to attack us or limit those freedoms - so you can certainly say the military in some way protects our freedoms by existing. Which nation would present a serious threat if it did not exist I can't say, but it's surely possible. Again - I would not say for one second that our military is not necessary and valuable in toto.

But, certainly in the last 60 years and probably longer, no war or military action has occurred where the outcome would have been a loss of life liberty or freedoms for the US population had it not involved our armed forces at all. Could all of SE Asia have become communist had we not fought in Korea and Vietnam? Possibly - but what threat to us or our freedoms would that have been?

elizfeelinggreat (189 posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 09:32 AM

5. "we sometimes spat on them."

what?

It's not the troops who are at fault for the framing. We must attack the framers, their actions and motivations. I think it's best to leave opinion of the troops themselves out of this fight and put attention on those who are responsible for the mission.

EnviroBat  (1000+ posts)      Fri Feb-15-08 09:41 AM

6. I was just thinking about this very subject this morning...

Every time I hear a stupid ass commercial talking about "Hero's", I think to myself, "Really"? These kids are dying for something that is not honorable at all. It makes me sick that so many have perished for a threat that never existed. These poor kids were conned. I honor their sacrifice, but not the cause. A Hero in my book stands in defense of our shores against foreign and domestic enemies to preserve my freedoms. WWII veterans, firemen, some policemen, (when they're not kicking the crap out of some little kid). These are "hero's" to me. No one is preserving my freedom, not one damn person. It's now up to me to do that. You too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: primitives tipping cows
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:11:33 AM »
More love for the military on display I see. It would appear that the concept of taking the fight to the enemy is lost on the DUmmies, not hard to believe I guess. I don't know whether to attribute their behavior to ignorance or cowardice, I think it is the latter. :thatsright:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »
More love for the military on display I see. It would appear that the concept of taking the fight to the enemy is lost on the DUmmies, not hard to believe I guess. I don't know whether to attribute their behavior to ignorance or cowardice, I think it is the latter. :thatsright:

Excellent.

I applaud you, sir.

I had a vague idea along the same lines, but couldn't articulate it.  But you did, and so well.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »
I know what cow tipping is, frank. Most people here have a cow or two. And this is dairy country...Tillamook Cheese, Umpqua Ice Cream, etc. Dairy cows tip just as good as beef cows.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:55:01 AM »
I know what cow tipping is, frank. Most people here have a cow or two. And this is dairy country...Tillamook Cheese, Umpqua Ice Cream, etc. Dairy cows tip just as good as beef cows.

Well, now, madam, I just had a temporary leave of the senses when I posted that.

I forgot.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
Same old smoke coming from the same old bongfire  :rotf:

Seriously, we know they don't support our troops (in Iraq especially, much less anywhere else). They lied about it for years, but eventually, their hatred of truth is being revealed.

When they know absolutely nothing about grown up matters, they really should just STFU and let the adults handle such things.

As a side note, I too know what cow tipping is  :-)
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
I agree that Frank is living a very sheltered life if he believes cow tipping is a activity limited to his locale.

As for the DUmmies and the military situation in Iraq - I stopped reading.  Their hypocrisy is beginning to be more than I can take.  Everything about DU  stems from  George W. Bush being a Republican in the White House.  

I know, as sure as I know the color of my eyes, that if a democrat president had followed Bill Clinton, and if everything had transpired exactly as it has anyway,  the DUmmies would be praising and defending the fact the USA military is in Iraq.  

I need a break from the DUmp's BDS.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »

Cindie

I was born in Tillamook..... :-) :-)

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
I agree that Frank is living a very sheltered life if he believes cow tipping is a activity limited to his locale.

As for the DUmmies and the military situation in Iraq - I stopped reading.  Their hypocrisy is beginning to be more than I can take.  Everything about DU  stems from  George W. Bush being a Republican in the White House. 

I know, as sure as I know the color of my eyes, that if a democrat president had followed Bill Clinton, and if everything had transpired exactly as it has anyway,  the DUmmies would be praising and defending the fact the USA military is in Iraq. 

I need a break from the DUmp's BDS.

They still defend Somalia and refuse to see how it was responsible for 9/11.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
What is the going rate for tipping cows? 20 percent? (We also have dairy farms in Pennsylvania)

Not to tip any sacred cows, but, after all, sloppy rhetoric  :rotf: messes up our ability to distinguish truth from cow pucky.

Remember Vietnam? Discerning citizens applied Nuremburg Trial standards to our own troops. “I vas chust followink orders” I love how they can use such wonderfully bigoted and colorful language! was disallowed in Nuremburg as an excuse for prosecuting an illegal(that is an offensive, not a defensive) war. We expected our troops in Vietnam to just say no to prosecuting our illegal war there. When they failed to meet our standards, we sometimes spat on them.

I think the DUmmie needs a history lesson on the Nuremberg Trials and what exactly the participants were on trial for. I think Saddam and his sons fit the bill a weeee bit better. But why let the truth get in the way of sloppy rhetoric.

Oh. And for the last two sentences of that pull out... um... oh yeah.   :bird:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »

1. I don't get it either-- they're fighting in defense of fascist imperialism...

...and committing the supreme war crime-- a war of aggression. There is NOTHING honorable about their service in Iraq-- just the opposite, it disgraces America daily.

You know when I read a thread like this it's so hard for me not to hate them. My son says, "It's okay mom, they don't know any better." But they SHOULD! Most of them are has-been hippies, still looking for meaning in their life. Or the youthful and gullible, sucked in by the pseudo-intellectual rhetoric. In my head I realize it's because they're angry and bitter, their souls tainted by a lifetime of hate and arrogance. But in my heart it's difficult to understand how people who SAY they're so devoted to peace can harbor such hatred for men and women they don't know. For all their homage to "nuance" they never seem to grasp that others just as intelligent as them, who have spent just as much time pondering solutions, looking at both sides have decided on a different course.

Have they truly never seen the pictures of our troops surrounded by smiling (brown) Iraqi children? Not the ones in the papers, but the spontaneous ones taken by fellow soldiers in the field. How can they look at those children and NOT see hope? I'm constantly amazed at how well the Iraqi people are doing. Despite decades under a brutal dictatorship, terrorists running amok, and religious & tribal differences as old as time itself, they press on. It's not like we didn't have our own setbacks on our way to freedom. Nor did Germany, Japan, Poland, or any other country you can name. Most were able to rebuild after war ended...the Iraqis are rebuilding while war wages around them.

My son was a young teenager on September 11th. It changed his life. He was in his 20's and a college graduate when he enlisted in the Marine Corps. He spends his days with native Arabic speakers...you know, brown people. Muslims, Christians, Iraqis, Egyptians, Syrians, male, and female. And all are grateful we are there. All have lived through dictatorships, violence, terrorism, bigotry, and religious intolerance. THEY GET IT! My son has come to admire these people. I wonder how many Arabic people the DUmmies talk to everyday. They seem to know what's right for all mankind, surely they've spent time getting to know and understand the hopes and dreams of people all around the world.

They don't know my child. He was the one who brought home stray animals. He even found a stray rat once someone had abandoned. We had that damn rat for 2 years. Every single cat that lives here now except for one are ones he found. One was pregnant. We kept all three kittens. He collected stray neighborhood kids as well. Kids who went home to an empty house, kids whose parents didn't care what they did or where they went. They just sensed that Jake was someone they could trust. They could talk to him and know he wouldn't judge them or betray their confidence.

It's that compassion, coupled with a deep-felt patriotism that led to his decision to join the Marines. It certainly wasn't MY idea. I don't know any mother who hopes the baby she nursed, whose boo-boos she kissed, who held them when they cried wants her child to join the military when their country is at war. But I'm very proud of him. He's my hero. And to see him disparaged by fellow citizens who don't know him, who don't know his heart gets to me.

We were talking on the phone last week. He was upset because he'd gotten a C on a portion of his test for the first time. If you get a couple C's in a row they put you on academic probation and it could delay your graduation if they roll you back. I told him it was just ONE grade on ONE portion of the test. He said (I'm paraphrasing here...unlike your average DUmmie, I don't remember conversations word for word), "Mom, as long as I'm over here, that's one more Marine still in Iraq who can't go home and see his family." THAT'S the kind of person they're harboring such hatred for. Screw them!

Cindie

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
:clap: :yeahthat: :exactly: :agree:

:dozer:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 06:58:35 AM »

You know when I read a thread like this it's so hard for me not to hate them. My son says, "It's okay mom, they don't know any better." But they SHOULD! Most of them are has-been hippies, still looking for meaning in their life. Or the youthful and gullible, sucked in by the pseudo-intellectual rhetoric. In my head I realize it's because they're angry and bitter, their souls tainted by a lifetime of hate and arrogance. But in my heart it's difficult to understand how people who SAY they're so devoted to peace can harbor such hatred for men and women they don't know. For all their homage to "nuance" they never seem to grasp that others just as intelligent as them, who have spent just as much time pondering solutions, looking at both sides have decided on a different course.

Have they truly never seen the pictures of our troops surrounded by smiling (brown) Iraqi children? Not the ones in the papers, but the spontaneous ones taken by fellow soldiers in the field. How can they look at those children and NOT see hope? I'm constantly amazed at how well the Iraqi people are doing. Despite decades under a brutal dictatorship, terrorists running amok, and religious & tribal differences as old as time itself, they press on. It's not like we didn't have our own setbacks on our way to freedom. Nor did Germany, Japan, Poland, or any other country you can name. Most were able to rebuild after war ended...the Iraqis are rebuilding while war wages around them.

My son was a young teenager on September 11th. It changed his life. He was in his 20's and a college graduate when he enlisted in the Marine Corps. He spends his days with native Arabic speakers...you know, brown people. Muslims, Christians, Iraqis, Egyptians, Syrians, male, and female. And all are grateful we are there. All have lived through dictatorships, violence, terrorism, bigotry, and religious intolerance. THEY GET IT! My son has come to admire these people. I wonder how many Arabic people the DUmmies talk to everyday. They seem to know what's right for all mankind, surely they've spent time getting to know and understand the hopes and dreams of people all around the world.

They don't know my child. He was the one who brought home stray animals. He even found a stray rat once someone had abandoned. We had that damn rat for 2 years. Every single cat that lives here now except for one are ones he found. One was pregnant. We kept all three kittens. He collected stray neighborhood kids as well. Kids who went home to an empty house, kids whose parents didn't care what they did or where they went. They just sensed that Jake was someone they could trust. They could talk to him and know he wouldn't judge them or betray their confidence.

It's that compassion, coupled with a deep-felt patriotism that led to his decision to join the Marines. It certainly wasn't MY idea. I don't know any mother who hopes the baby she nursed, whose boo-boos she kissed, who held them when they cried wants her child to join the military when their country is at war. But I'm very proud of him. He's my hero. And to see him disparaged by fellow citizens who don't know him, who don't know his heart gets to me.

We were talking on the phone last week. He was upset because he'd gotten a C on a portion of his test for the first time. If you get a couple C's in a row they put you on academic probation and it could delay your graduation if they roll you back. I told him it was just ONE grade on ONE portion of the test. He said (I'm paraphrasing here...unlike your average DUmmie, I don't remember conversations word for word), "Mom, as long as I'm over here, that's one more Marine still in Iraq who can't go home and see his family." THAT'S the kind of person they're harboring such hatred for. Screw them!

Cindie

Cindie, milady, I really think it's a conscious choice for some of them.  For whatever reason, and it might be linked to the fact that their party isn't the one in power at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, they choose to hate.  Personally, the bug molester that you cited needs to have his neck stretched.  Most of their keyboard warriors do.

However, a good portion of them over there are sheep.  They are followers, and will always be.  They want someone else to do the heavy lifting (actually, most of them could be described this way), then they want to waltz in and remake things in their own utopian images.

Frank, I, too, know what cow tipping is.  Not too far from me are small dairy farms.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.