Author Topic: I own two houses. One I live in, one I don't  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I own two houses. One I live in, one I don't
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:22:19 AM »
Donk Yore  Donating Member  (632 posts)
Thu Feb-14-08 08:47 PM

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2867321

Original message

and neither does anyone else.

My gas heating bill was IDENTICAL for both houses this month.

Identical to the last cent.

Another example of the bullshit one has to put up with in this ****ed up country.

Have you ever tried talking to the people who bill your utilities? It's an experience, and one that does not lead to satisfaction.

Rant over.

Another short thread but I thought it was interesting since we have seen so many of those at the DUmp who claim to be homeless. 

Uben  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Thu Feb-14-08 08:56 PM

Response to Original message
1. I see the problem...........

.....I have 3 houses, two I don't live in, but somebody else does! Those two pay my electric bill AND my insurance bill And my car payment each month! Simple logic my dear Watson!

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Donk Yore Donating Member (632 posts)
Thu Feb-14-08 08:59 PM

Response to Reply #1
2. I don't like to rent to others

too much crap to put up with.

Still. It doesn't change what I said in the initial post. An identical bill for two houses. One that someone lives in and one that no one lives in.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: I own two houses. One I live in, one I don't
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »
Ugghhh maybe the one he isn't living in is in some dire need of  updating, ya think  :shortbus: There's something wrong with that, not with the utility company.

Then the other poster offers up a very viable solution, to which he smacks down  :whatever: Gee, if he rented his property out, that would take away his bitching rights.

Here's a clue dumbass, SELL that other property and make a <gasp> PROFIT! That's the beauty of this "fvcked up country", you can make a profit!
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
You should donate that house to the homeless, as any good progressive would!!!    /Dump mode

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:16:56 AM »
DUmmie calls it a "gas heating bill".  Does gas really care if someone is living in the area being heated?  Is it suppose to cost less to bring an empty room up to 68 degrees?  

Come to think of it, the DUmmie is probably breaking the DUmps most sacred institution, the Rule of Law, by growing marijuana in the empty house.  That takes heat.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:37:42 AM »
Donk Yore  Donating Member  (632 posts)
Thu Feb-14-08 08:47 PM

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2867321

Original message

and neither does anyone else.

My gas heating bill was IDENTICAL for both houses this month.

Identical to the last cent.

Another example of the bullshit one has to put up with in this ****ed up country.

Have you ever tried talking to the people who bill your utilities? It's an experience, and one that does not lead to satisfaction.

Rant over.

This is almost too stupid to believe.
No where is it asked if the unlived in house is being fully heated or is it suggested that they turn the thremostat down to just above freezing

Does this person think it should somehow matter if a person lives there to heat an area to the same temp.

To go along with that a certain amount of every utility bill is taxes and state surcharges which do not change regardless of consumption.

They should be happy liberals to contribute their fair share seeing how they are wealthy enough to own two houses.  :lmao:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »
Ugghhh maybe the one he isn't living in is in some dire need of  updating, ya think  :shortbus: There's something wrong with that, not with the utility company.

Then the other poster offers up a very viable solution, to which he smacks down  :whatever: Gee, if he rented his property out, that would take away his bitching rights.

Here's a clue dumbass, SELL that other property and make a <gasp> PROFIT! That's the beauty of this "fvcked up country", you can make a profit!

What struck me is he did not tell us if they are equal in size, if the heater is set to a similar temperature, if they are similar in age and insulation, etc. I think if most things are similar then it probably is that one bill was estimated and one was not. It really isn't a pain to get it changed. They did that to me a month ago and they just asked me to go and get the correct reading and I did. I assume the DUmmy has neighbors there if it is a ways off who can get that reading for him.  :loser:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
What struck me is he did not tell us if they are equal in size, if the heater is set to a similar temperature, if they are similar in age and insulation, etc. I think if most things are similar then it probably is that one bill was estimated and one was not. It really isn't a pain to get it changed. They did that to me a month ago and they just asked me to go and get the correct reading and I did. I assume the DUmmy has neighbors there if it is a ways off who can get that reading for him.  :loser:

Oh, but you're thinking with a fertile imagination, madam.

The primitives don't have that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:33 AM »
All in lesss time than the rant. Go to the meter, read the meter, then compare the meter reading to the billing statement. If incorrect the gas company will adjust. I've done it.

Some of these people really are too stupid to be alive.  If we had their beloved Darwinism, they would not be.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »
You should donate that house to the homeless, as any good progressive would!!!    /Dump mode

I thought the statement made about "too much crap" to renting was very telling.  Here they have several admitted 'homeless' folks on their board and endless ranting about landlords and such yet this person has a home sitting empty .... oh the I ronny .... It burns us.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
How can someone own 2 houses in this terrible * economy?
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »
How can someone own 2 houses in this terrible * economy?

I think the DUmmy should be forced to put it into Section 8 housing!   :lmao:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 09:37:37 AM »
I haven't figured it out yet ... maybe someone with a mole can 'splain it to me but it appears from reading the thread at the DUmp that maybe the original poster has been TS'd .....  I don't know why.

KC

*Stolen