Author Topic: primitives looking in mirror  (Read 1382 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives looking in mirror
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:19:19 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2868116

Oh my.

The classic primitive projection, and this one's stong enough it's cracking the mirror.

The Backlash Cometh  (1000+ posts)     Thu Feb-14-08 10:37 PM
Original message

Why do Republicans always have to desecrate memorials for Democrats?

It's like they're afraid that these moments are going to galvanize the party, so they do whatever they can to disrupt them. They did it to Lantos and to Wellstone. This is really sick on their part.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:39 PM
Response to Original message

1. Because their response to anything outside their control is destructive.

It is sick. Remember what they did to Paul Wellstone's memorial? They excoriated grieving people.

The Backlash Cometh  (1000+ posts)     Thu Feb-14-08 10:44 PM
Response to Reply #1

5. What is really scary is, that it is a sign of how much they have dehumanized Democrats. That is something that Democrats should keep in mind.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 11:14 PM
Response to Reply #5

19. Agreed. It's not just rivalry or contention.

It really is dehumanization and it's quite dangerous. I think that's right.

NanceGreggs  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:41 PM

2. Because they're the party ...

... of good Christian moral values?

Ghost in the Machine  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:41 PM

3. Because they're pieces of putrid, fetid feces?

aquart  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 10:41 PM

4. Something to do with their toilet training.

I think they believe we're trying to steal their fecal deposits. Which are sacred.

flvegan  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:45 PM

6. Because like the Phelps Klan, they're shitbags.

That's really all there is.

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:49 PM

7. Look at a three year old throwing a tanter tantrum and the ME factor...

And add to it the ever so popular authoritarian personality

And mix it with dehumanizing the enemy... don't think you are not, and there is your answer

Ichingcarpenter (908 posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 10:53 PM
Response to Reply #7

9. And then they expect the democrats to act like someone with the battered wife syndrome

I did a paper on this back in 04 on the smirking chimp after studying it with my background in psy that got a lot of play back then.

Good point! nadinbrzezinski

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:55 PM
Response to Reply #9

11. Actually let me correct you... not battered wife syndrome, worst

Helsinki

With your background in Psy you will get why I make the distiction

Ichingcarpenter (908 posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 10:59 PM
Response to Reply #11

13. Well, I put that one in also on my essay too so I have no disagreement with you...

I wish I could find it right now.

It was one of my better rants backed up by data, inferences and links.

Their data bank got wiped out by a Mod a couple of years ago.

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 11:07 PM
Response to Reply #13

18. Sad part is... we have gotten to the point that I don't trust any politico since hostages do behave the way they do

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:50 PM

8. Because they are evil and cruel.

And they hate America.

PurityOfEssence (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 10:55 PM

10. Leftism is pluralism; Rightism denies the right of other beliefs to exist

Conservatism is inherently exclusionary; they have the correct answers, and differing opinions are, by definition, wrong. Those who hold them should not be tolerated. The heart and soul of reactionary thinking is at one with religious certainty, xenophobia, prejudice, privilege and marginalization or outright destruction and exiling of those who differ.

When you're correct in the face of hoards of barbarians, tolerance is akin to destruction of all you hold dear; it's the duty of the conservative to destroy inclusive or progressive thought. Liberalism admits its own failings; such weakness is destructive to civilization in the mind of the hidebound.

'Nuff said?

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:57 PM
Response to Reply #10

12. I'd have to ask what type of conservatism? Burkian Conservatism allowed for more give and take... now authoritarian, fascistic conservatism (the type that dominates the GOP right now) is exactly what you describe. But NOT all conservatives (just like not all liberals) are this intolerant... and I realize I am more than just splitting hairs... since I can distinguish between Burkian Conservatives, Classic Liberals, and the modern types

The Backlash Cometh  (1000+ posts)     Fri Feb-15-08 05:35 AM
Response to Reply #10

21. It explains why so many Republican voters would sit idle by as George Bush wrecks havoc on the Constitution. They are so sold by their politics, that they believe that Republicanism is America, so if a Republican president breaks the law, it's for the good of the country.

You can almost see the seeds of Nazi Germany emerging.

U4ikLefty (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 11:01 PM

14. Can someone provide a link to the story.

I would like to share this with my Rethug friends.

U4ikLefty (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 11:05 PM
Response to Reply #14

16. Okay, nevermind...I must get my eyes checked.

Ichingcarpenter (908 posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 11:06 PM
Response to Reply #14

17. 'Rethug friends' are not your friends

They are your acquaintances, it is a contradiction on the definition of friendship

a person who acts as a supporter of a cause, organization, or country by giving financial or other help : join the Friends of Guilford Free Library.
• a person who is not an enemy or who is on the same side : she was unsure whether he was friend or foe.
• a familiar or helpful thing : he settled for that old friend the compensation grant.
• (often as a polite form of address or in ironic reference) an acquaintance or a stranger one comes across : my friends, let me introduce myself.

U4ikLefty (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 11:23 PM
Response to Reply #17

20. Very true. I should have said "acquaintances".

boreDem (324 posts)     Thu Feb-14-08 11:04 PM

15. Ron Brown, too

Didn't the Republicans snub Brown's funeral service, and then questioned whether Clinton was sincere in his tribute to Ron Brown?

It's par for the course for them. Disgusting.

The Backlash Cometh  (1000+ posts)     Fri Feb-15-08 05:40 AM
Response to Reply #15

22. Ron Brown too.

Sigmund Freud wrote chapters, books, about this phenomenon.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives looking in mirror
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:38:21 AM »

It is sick. Remember what they did to Paul Wellstone's memorial? They excoriated grieving people.

Good Lord...they booed Republican members of Congress.
They were at times dancing and laughing (camera shot of Mondale with a big grin on his face).

No one excoriated grieving people or those that were celebrating a persons life.
Those that used it as a political forum to tell people to vote a certain way were.

15. Ron Brown, too

Didn't the Republicans snub Brown's funeral service, and then questioned whether Clinton was sincere in his tribute to Ron Brown?

No DUmmie that would be President Clinton who was laughing and joking only to switch to a somber look and crocodile tears when he realized the cameras were on him.

You would know that though if you would actually do a bit of research and learn history rather then believe only what you choose to hear.

Stupidity one is born with,ignorance is chosen.
The former one can accept the latter is inexcuseable.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:42:53 AM »

This bitch is on crack. It was YOUR side that poured a greasy substance all over the Granite Wall dedicated to Vietnam War dead.  :censored:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »
It's pointless, Carl and RebelKev.

We've all seen examples of primitive projection through the years, but in my own opinion, this particular bonfire is the best, the finest, the most-complete illustration of primitive projection, ever, to appear on Skins's island.

That's why I didn't comment on the primitive comments; res ipsa loquatir.

The thing speaks for itself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:24:27 AM »
If that DUmp thread doesn't make the DUmmie FUnnies, I don't know one that will.   The deranged remaking of history and the Paul Welstone "memorial" is just too insane to be ignored.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »
Nice find Frank.

Projection, thy name is the DUmp.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
If memory serves there were people who walked out of the Wellstone memorial, Democrat and Republican.These DUmmies are literally insane. :mental: :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
I didn't row over the the Island but....

The disruption was the result of scheduling errors and failure of the Democrats to abide by a prior agreement. http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/14/debacle-in-the-house-behind-the-lantos-memorial-disruption/

A senior Republican aide, however, said the GOP was given no choice in asking for a vote because Democrats broke their commitment to keep the House in recess during the memorial service. Democrats are pushing a contempt vote against White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and former Bush counsel Harriet Miers, and have bypassed traditional rules allowing an hour of debate on the matter, according to Jo Maney, a spokeswoman for Republicans on the House Rules Committee.

“The reason for the chaos is the majority,” Maney said. “We made clear we would use every procedural rule” to delay the contempt votes.

“There was an agreement that there would be no votes during the service, but they [Democrats] rang the bells” to bring the House back into session, Maney said.

The scene in the Capitol was extremely tense as the procedural motion failed. The Crypt has already received several angry denouncements from both sides of the aisle as tempers flared this morning in the House.

Democrats are now debating the contempt resolution, which stems from an investigation into the firing of U.S. attorneys.

“This is the height of disrespect and completely shameful,” said one senior Democratic leadership aide. “… They just chose to vote at the most inappropriate time.”

But another GOP House aide complained that Democrats allowed no other option because Republicans have been denied the ability to offer any alternatives to the contempt votes.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »
OMG.  What alternate dimension do these people live in?  Reality has absolutely no bearing on their thought processes and how they form their opinions.  This is pathetic.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

Good Lord...they booed Republican members of Congress.
They were at times dancing and laughing (camera shot of Mondale with a big grin on his face).

No one excoriated grieving people or those that were celebrating a persons life.
Those that used it as a political forum to tell people to vote a certain way were.

15. Ron Brown, too

No DUmmie that would be President Clinton who was laughing and joking only to switch to a somber look and crocodile tears when he realized the cameras were on him.

You would know that though if you would actually do a bit of research and learn history rather then believe only what you choose to hear.

Stupidity one is born with,ignorance is chosen.
The former one can accept the latter is inexcuseable.

It's best to not address them directly.  Reality cannot penetrate their skulls.  Just point and laugh.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther