Author Topic: Openly Gay Oxnard Junior High Student Declared Brain Dead After Being Shot at Sc  (Read 1815 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
This one has it all, or nearly all (no one has blamed Bush...yet); Gun grabbers v. Second Amendment supporters, "fundy"-bashers, GLBT handwringers, bullying, even school uniforms makes an appearance:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2863025

El Pinko (621 posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 10:43 AM
Original message
Openly Gay Oxnard Junior High Student Declared Brain Dead After Being Shot at School Tuesday
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Thu Feb-14-08 10:52 AM by El Pinko

A tear rolls down the cheek of Jocelyn Salinas, 13, a friend of the shooting victim.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-...

Oxnard student declared brain dead

By Catherine Saillant and Gregory W. Griggs, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
February 14, 2008
An Oxnard junior high student who was shot in the head by a classmate earlier this week was declared brain dead Wednesday, and the 14-year-old male suspect now faces a first-degree murder charge, authorities said.

several students at the south Oxnard campus said King and his alleged assailant had a falling out stemming from King's sexual orientation.

"He would come to school in high-heeled boots, makeup, jewelry and painted nails -- the whole thing," said Michael Sweeney, 13, an eighth-grader. "That was freaking the guys out."

Student Juan Sandoval, 14, said he shared a fourth-period algebra class with the suspect, whom he described as a calm, smart student who played on the basketball team. "I didn't think he was that kind of kid," Sandoval said. "I guess you never know. He made a big mistake."

Tragic event, but nothing is so tragic that DU can't try to make political hay from it.

Jamastiene  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:46 AM
Response to Original message
1. Mistake?
 That kid needs his ass whooped. Mistake? Well, it took a life. What kind of mistake is that?

zanne  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 10:47 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. The gun nuts will conveniently ignore this one. nt

Brigid (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:53 AM
Response to Reply #2
8. Of course they will.
 Just like they did with Columbine, Virginia Tech, Jonesboro, and every other school sooting.

krispos42  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 01:46 PM
Response to Reply #8
99. Of course, those are excellent reasons...
 to shred part of the Constitution, go beserk with repressive, restrictive laws.

Because it might save one life.

I'm sorry, how this this argument different from what the Repubs want to do?

aikoaiko (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 11:00 AM
Response to Reply #2
11. And the anti-gun nuts will roll around in his blood and smear their faces

and make political points.

Apt imagery, there. Sort of like what they do when one of our troops die, right?

The gun debate goes on for a while, then it's time to go to work on the eeeeeevil Xtians:

sinkingfeeling  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 10:53 AM
Response to Original message
7. Wonder what 'church' the shooter attends. What lessons we teach.

enlightenment takes a stab at being objective:

enlightenment  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 11:02 AM
Response to Reply #9
13. It's nice that your personal experiences allowed you
 to grow up with a wider world view - but you're making the same assumptive link as the poster to whom you responded.

We don't know what sort of environment this kid has been growing up in; it's just as speculative to assume that his parents are to blame as to assume that religious indoctrination is to blame.

Possibly, more information will be released; until then, it's all speculation.

But the Christian-haters don' need no steenkin' evidence:

zanne  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 11:12 AM
Response to Reply #13
19. The kid murdered another kid because he didn't "approve" of his lifestyle...
 That's all we need to know.

Then, we are treated to a demonstration of the abject ignorance of BuffyTheChristianHater regarding what goes on in a church, "fundy" or otherwise:

BuffyTheFundieSlayer  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-14-08 05:42 PM
Response to Reply #29
155. Plenty of non-fundamentalist churches teach that as well
 It's strange that they put so much emphasis on the six questionable verses about homosexuality and so little on the 100+ about helping the poor. They completely ignore the 9th commandment (Thou shalt not lie) as they abuse it to hell in their attempts to demonize LGBTs and keep them 2nd class citizens. Likewise they pay little, if any, attention to #7, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. To do so would cause much consternation within their own congregations. As to the many Biblical prohibitions against divorce, including the one Jesus himself made, you won't be hearing anything about those. Too many divorced and divorcing people in the church. Funny how nobody mentions banning divorce as a means of "protecting marriage".

In short, there is a very strong Anti-Gay Agenda and it has nothing to do with "family values". It has everything to do with bigotry and hatred. They just cloak it in religious language so they can keep it legal, tax exempt and righteous sounding.

Buffy would like The Hive to believe that pastors across America are preaching bash Teh Gays every Sunday, with special Wednesday night covered-dish Curb Stomp A Poof sermons. The fact is, homosexuality is talked about no more than any other sin and there is certainly no admonition, real or implied, to hurt homosexuals in any way. All those things she claims are "never mentioned" usually comprise the bulk of what a church teaches about with regard to Man's comportment of himself here on Earth. But don't try to tell Buffy this. She's the expert on what "fundies", even though she's probably not set foot in a church since it became chic to be Gay.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:07:45 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
It becomes hard to follow their paths of "logic" on the island as they argue back and forth.

Offline Lord Undies

"He would come to school in high-heeled boots, makeup, jewelry and painted nails -- the whole thing," said Michael Sweeney, 13, an eighth-grader. "That was freaking the guys out."

This kids death will not be a waste if just one child learns to leave his freak at home and at least try to pretend to be normal in public.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Why can't people just keep it in the bedroom? It's not just gays that flaunt it. Seems like every show on prime time TV is sex themed. Married sex, single sex, gay sex, bi-sex, unisex (whatever that is) work sex, vacation sex, high sex, low sex, in between sex. Don't these people do anything else?

Do whatever you want just keep it in the bedroom will ya'?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline LadyLiberty

This kids death will not be a waste if just one child learns to leave his freak at home and at least try to pretend to be normal in public.

Honestly, that kid shouldn't have been allowed to come to school dressed that way, because something like that is a distraction.

The other boy definitely should not have done what he did, but the school just should not have allowed a boy to come to school dressed up like a girl.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

Why can't people just keep it in the bedroom? It's not just gays that flaunt it. Seems like every show on prime time TV is sex themed. Married sex, single sex, gay sex, bi-sex, unisex (whatever that is) work sex, vacation sex, high sex, low sex, in between sex. Don't these people do anything else?

Do whatever you want just keep it in the bedroom will ya'?

You are correct. That's the liberals for you, who accuse the US of becoming like Rome. It is in this way, a hedonistic Rome.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
aikoaiko (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-14-08 11:00 AM
Response to Reply #2
11. And the anti-gun nuts will roll around in his blood and smear their faces

and make political points.

Actually, fool, this is one of the reasons gun control DOESN'T work. The gay guy should have been armed so he could have dropped the piece of shit right there. During deer season, I went to high school with a 30 ought 6 in the window of my truck. Why? We went hunting before school. If we killed something, we'd skip school. However, we never had a friggin' school shooting. Wonder why? I wasn't the only one on campus that had a firearm in my vehicle. Someone could have tried it, but they wouldn't have gotten far. Trust me on that, I grew up in Byram, Mississippi. Look at the Pearl, Ms. school shooting. Many lives were saved because of a teacher who had a firearm.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site