Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive isn't a dude  (Read 1528 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive isn't a dude
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:12:14 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2861123

Oh my.

Every time I turned around on Skins's island, I keep on bumping into the sparkling husband primitive dude.

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 09:46 PM
Original message

"I'm *not* a dude" 

If you haven't seen this yet, be ready to be pissed off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc

One of Charm City's finest. Auditioning for a bit part on The Wire, maybe?

Okay, I watch the video, but because I'm deaf, I don't know the whole story.

It appears a kid mouthed off to a cop in Baltimore, and the kid got what he deserved.

All participants appear to be of minority-derivation.

Anyway.

hisownpetard  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 09:56 PM
Response to Original message

1. OMG. This made me sick to my stomach, literally.

What happened to the film of this incident. Right at the end, I heard the Fat Dude ask someone if they were filming it, and then the sound cut off...

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 09:59 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. The mayor's office has it now and the cop is suspended. 

The kid's mom is suing the cop.

Fridays Child  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 10:15 PM
Response to Reply #2

8. Good.

What an asshole.

Yeah, the kid's a real asshole; a real rectal aperture.

El Pinko (605 posts)      Wed Feb-13-08 10:34 PM
Response to Reply #2

13. I don't think there's much grounds for a lawsuit...

...but he definitely deserves to be reprimanded and should have to apologize to the kid.

What an idiot blowhard.

RoyGBiv  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 11:34 PM
Response to Reply #13

19. Well, maybe ...

... but if I manhandled a 14 year old kid like that for no reason at all, my ass would be in jail.

El Pinko (605 posts)      Wed Feb-13-08 11:37 PM
Response to Reply #19

21. From what I saw, he barely touched the boy and mostly yelled.

I think it would be hard to prove any real harm was done in court.

He's a big enough boy that I don't think he'll be permanently traumatized by having a fatass in shorts yell at him for 5 minutes.

It's a very large bonfire.

I dunno.

I think the kid got less than what the kid deserved, myself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: sparkling husband primitive isn't a dude
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
Could have been handled better, cop overreacted IMO.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
What you don't see is how many times the cops have had to deal with punks like this in the past. Overreacted? Perhaps. But you can bet that the entire situation will only be judged by this tape. Ugh.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »
[youtube=435,350]9GgWrV8TcUc[/youtube]

The fat yellow cop person seems to have no personality for the job he holds.  Maybe it is a case of burn-out or something.  His Big Billy Badass act needs to be off the streets.  His action/reactions are very overblown for the situation at hand.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
If you've ever been to the Inner Harbor, you'd know that these kids have posed HUGE problems in the past. Used to be that you couldn't walk down the sidewalks without getting run over by punks on their skateboards, totally disregarding everyone and everything. It's gotten better in recent years, but it really was a huge deal. Did this particular cop overreact? Perhaps. But the kid was skateboarding, despite the signs prohibiting it, and he was disrespectful calling the cop "Dude". If I were that kids' mother, he'd get a smack across the chops for that alone.

Rational minds would try and get the whole story about this incident, but unfortunately, Mayor Dixon has already publicly condemned the cop and expressed her "outrage", so I've no doubt he'll be terminated, regardless of the true facts of what really happened.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:00:13 AM »
Ah....the mayor is a "she"....a MOMMY. That explains a few things.

I'm almost always on the cop's side, although our Lord Undies does make me pause to rethink this one...... And the cops in the also "viral" wheelchair video (they dumped a quadraplegic man out of his wheelchiar and laughed at him - broke two of his ribs) should ALL be fired.

HOWEVER, the video was taken by the kids and does not show what happened BEFORE the cop started yelling.  Also, since I'm in the commercial real estate business, I know the damage these little a-holes do to support columns, walls, planters, sidewalks and all other manner of outdoor structures.  We were discussing this in the office one day and pondered the need to get the police to run the kids off, and our receptionist, mommy to one of these little rotten skatebaorders herself, yowled in outrage that we would be so mean as to "spoil their fun".

So, that's what we're all dealing with, kids raised to have contempt for authority and parents with an enormous sense of entitlement.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
[youtube=435,350]9GgWrV8TcUc[/youtube]

The fat yellow cop person seems to have no personality for the job he holds.  Maybe it is a case of burn-out or something.  His Big Billy Badass act needs to be off the streets.  His action/reactions are very overblown for the situation at hand.

Eh, maybe he went a bit too far in some aspects, but maybe it is a case of "burn out", and the cop just needed a vacation. Well, I guess he got one handed down from the mayor.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »
I'm with scoobie and lastparker on this one. And it won't matter if this guy's record was spotless. He's toast and will be thrown on the political bonfire.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle