Author Topic: The Cave's membership is growing fast  (Read 26383 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: The Cave's membership is growing fast
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »

true enough... human beings arent static with ideas or thoughts that never change..

I agree that there are rifts within online message boards, and that splitter groups develop.  But I disagree vehemently that what happened to the mother board bore even a faint resemblance to anything that would have occurred naturally, had it not been for a single individual, and the totality of his conduct over a long period of time.

the problem was resolvable in a much less painful way for everyone concerned than 100 people (at last count) walking out the door in disgust.

saying that this last episode was in any way a "natural" event is to fundamentally miss the point, or perhaps intentionally ignore the point.  I'm not getting snitty with you, I just obviously have very a very strong opinion on the subject.

i know you do, and i didnt take it as snitty... my comment was only directed at zeus, not CU as a whole.

i certainly dont think it was a natural occurrence either. i dont begrudge gator, or anyone else, their whacky opinions, but when i constantly hear how much fun it was for just the first four original members, well.. i tend to think that's how they'd like it to be. just the four of them.

If Gator keeps stiring the pot then all they will have left is 4 people.

but one of them will be happy.  that's all that matters.

There will always be five.  You forgot about LogansPapa.  He's a jewel.  :mental:

I did forget about him.  imagine that.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2008, 06:18:46 AM »
I have a habit of moving from board to board every few years.  Incidents like the Ronulan Hordes and asshole management are usually what provokes it.
You just might be here a while then.   :-)
If you remember dial-up BBS's and all-text browsers, you may have spent too much time on the internets.  I suspect some people here of being old enough to have used Morse code or teletype machines to send dirty jokes to each other.
Heh, I ran a Fido BBS back in 1983...on a 2.8 Mhz computer. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2008, 06:51:19 AM »
I loved CU, I invited all of my online friends to join.  Many did.  However Gator's hatred of Jews drove most of them off.  It made CU look like Stormfront Jr.  I just ignored what he said but to a newbie it is kind of shocking.  :(
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

true enough... human beings arent static with ideas or thoughts that never change..

I agree that there are rifts within online message boards, and that splitter groups develop.  But I disagree vehemently that what happened to the mother board bore even a faint resemblance to anything that would have occurred naturally, had it not been for a single individual, and the totality of his conduct over a long period of time.

the problem was resolvable in a much less painful way for everyone concerned than 100 people (at last count) walking out the door in disgust.

saying that this last episode was in any way a "natural" event is to fundamentally miss the point, or perhaps intentionally ignore the point.  I'm not getting snitty with you, I just obviously have very a very strong opinion on the subject.

i know you do, and i didnt take it as snitty... my comment was only directed at zeus, not CU as a whole.

i certainly dont think it was a natural occurrence either. i dont begrudge gator, or anyone else, their whacky opinions, but when i constantly hear how much fun it was for just the first four original members, well.. i tend to think that's how they'd like it to be. just the four of them.

If Gator keeps stiring the pot then all they will have left is 4 people.

Stirring the pot is one thing but he is out of control. When he ran Kharis off with his nasty comments that really pissed me off and then he promotes an overthrow of the board by ronbots. This is not the behavior I would expect from an administrator, too bad really. :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2008, 11:20:51 AM »
Picking up  a couple of new members every day. Yea.  :lmao: Many of the good wood (CC members) has left the dead wood behind.  :rotf: :tongue:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »
Picking up  a couple of new members every day. Yea.  :lmao: Many of the good wood (CC members) has left the dead wood behind.  :rotf: :tongue:

I say 110 members in 2 weeks is pretty damn good. Of course, a lot of it has to do with a certain "moral clarity" (more like moral calamity) admin over at RU pissing people off and them coming over here. Oh well, it's all good.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Zeus

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
I want to build up our DUmpster forum because the B/W forum at CU is dying...dying...dead.  That development will thrill the DUmmies....for only a moment, I hope.

I originally thought the DUmpster should be for mocking all liberals, but now I am not so sure.  We may need to keep the DUmpster dedicated to Democrat Underground.  Their baseless smug lunacy needs a special showcase.  We cannot count on B/W to be that showcase any longer.

Any thoughts?

Not a problem, got another name for all others? Mini-Dumpster? Trash Heap?

The Kos Kids and Other Kooks
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Zeus

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
I want to build up our DUmpster forum because the B/W forum at CU is dying...dying...dead.  That development will thrill the DUmmies....for only a moment, I hope.

I originally thought the DUmpster should be for mocking all liberals, but now I am not so sure.  We may need to keep the DUmpster dedicated to Democrat Underground.  Their baseless smug lunacy needs a special showcase.  We cannot count on B/W to be that showcase any longer.

Any thoughts?

Not a problem, got another name for all others? Mini-Dumpster? Trash Heap?

The Trash Heap of History
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
How many of you knew HookemHorns? Did she like Gator? I wanted to name the DUmpster that, but didn't out of respect. I don't want to see her idea die.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
How many of you knew HookemHorns? Did she like Gator? I wanted to name the DUmpster that, but didn't out of respect. I don't want to see her idea die.

I remember HookemHorns. Great person. Gator never attacked her. She died on Thanksgiving of 2005.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:02:55 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »

Hookem was the classiest woman. I don't think she would have taken Gator's side in this issue. She was articulate and passionate about conservativism.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€