Author Topic: The Cave's membership is growing fast  (Read 26381 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: The Cave's membership is growing fast
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
Liberal Bottom Dwellers  (get it...basement)  :tongue:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »
we need franksolich to weigh in.  :-)

I'll weigh in tomorrow (Tuesday); as mentioned in the whining posted elsewhere here, I had a busy day today, and it's carrying over into sometime tomorrow.  Nothing bad, but just a heap of stuff to get done, and it's getting done.  Real life stuff.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 05:49:40 PM »
I want to build up our DUmpster forum because the B/W forum at CU is dying...dying...dead.  That development will thrill the DUmmies....for only a moment, I hope.

I originally thought the DUmpster should be for mocking all liberals, but now I am not so sure.  We may need to keep the DUmpster dedicated to Democrat Underground.  Their baseless smug lunacy needs a special showcase.  We cannot count on B/W to be that showcase any longer.

Any thoughts?

Have the DUmpster Diving section for the DUmp, and make sub forums for other liberal hellholes.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »
Wow, had 77 members yesterday and it looks like we picked up 14 today. Me thinks CU is in deep shit. Hope we get many more new members here.
Any rules on who we can invite, except for Libtard assholes like Fry, AngelFire and somethingPapa?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 06:16:10 PM »
we need franksolich to weigh in.  :-)

I'll weigh in tomorrow (Tuesday); as mentioned in the whining posted elsewhere here, I had a busy day today, and it's carrying over into sometime tomorrow.  Nothing bad, but just a heap of stuff to get done, and it's getting done.  Real life stuff.
You put RL ahead of your duties here at CC?  Dude, don't make me regret applauding your Mod-ship ;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline foxworthy

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Beginning Fresh
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »
I for one think Gator did a very good job organizing and setting up the board.  It was also good he allowed for lots of chew toys for those who liked that kind of thing.

His jewish issues made his posts problematical.

He is a great admin, but a rotten poster.

So I am grateful to him  :cheersmate: but it is time to move above and beyond.
When the game is over, both the pawn and the king are put away in the same box

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 06:53:01 PM »
I for one think Gator did a very good job organizing and setting up the board.  It was also good he allowed for lots of chew toys for those who liked that kind of thing.

His jewish issues made his posts problematical.

He is a great admin, but a rotten poster.

So I am grateful to him  :cheersmate: but it is time to move above and beyond.

I, for one, think you aren't giving the moderators enough credit. As for chew toys, they're welcome here anytime. If you've ever seen me post, I'm sure you'll know I have no problem debating those fools.   :evillaugh:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »
SLOP, I love it!!!!

I was going to suggest The Crapper, but S.L.O.P. is darn tootin'
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »
I want to build up our DUmpster forum because the B/W forum at CU is dying...dying...dead.  That development will thrill the DUmmies....for only a moment, I hope.

I originally thought the DUmpster should be for mocking all liberals, but now I am not so sure.  We may need to keep the DUmpster dedicated to Democrat Underground.  Their baseless smug lunacy needs a special showcase.  We cannot count on B/W to be that showcase any longer.

Any thoughts?

The DUmp deserves its own room, but I wouldn't mind seeing an area or suboard to mock liberal lunacy on other forums or blogs...

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
The "Granola Bowl" :beer:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
SLOP, I love it!!!!

*takes a bow*   :-)   :cheersmate:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 11:07:23 PM »
I'm sad about CU, though.

Although I admit I find humor that NOW all the "upper eschelon" are busting their butts to post and make everyone happy (at least in the lounge)...heck..GATOR is participating in day threads!

Too bad it took a mass exodus to wake them up.

This place is great, and I think once everyone is comfortable,and people post more it will get even better. 

I'm as sad as anyone that  it came to this but the reason why isn't our fault. A certain reptile that has been siezed by the ronpaulsy is the reason most of us are here . There is only so much bullshit a person can deal with.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 06:03:56 AM »
Quote from: Lord Undies
Gosh.  There are so many possibilities.  Liberal Pig Trough.  Liberal Lunatic Lookout.  Liberal Swine Pond.  Lies & Liberals.  Godless Vile Liberal Spit.

Work in progress.  
Ship of Fools, Menagerie, Monkey Cage, Comedy of Errors, Neanderthal Exhibit

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 07:03:24 AM »
Darwin's Bidet
Apparent Suicides
The Veal Pen
Moonbat Droppings
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline bijou

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 07:50:02 AM »
Small w00t for 100 member milestone.  :drunksailor:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
SLOP, I love it!!!!

Didn't you also come up with the DUmpster?

Why Lug-Nut, you're alright  :cheersmate:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
SLOP, I love it!!!!

Didn't you also come up with the DUmpster?

Why Lug-Nut, you're alright  :cheersmate:
Yep.  Let's not ruin my "street-cred".   :-)

Offline Zeus

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2008, 12:01:05 AM »
There has been about a dozen Boards spawned off of CU. Currently about 4 or 5 still in existence all the while CU survives. I wouldn't be getting cocky or judgmental just yet.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 12:12:24 AM »
I dunno....But I think this one is going to outlast CU. 

Weren't the other ones created because of in-fighting??

I think this one was created because the ADMIN of CU insulted the majority of the board, repeatedly.  If most of the members are now posting here...why even go back to CU??

Offline Zeus

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 12:37:30 AM »
I dunno....But I think this one is going to outlast CU. 

Weren't the other ones created because of in-fighting??

I think this one was created because the ADMIN of CU insulted the majority of the board, repeatedly.  If most of the members are now posting here...why even go back to CU??

The children eventually leave the roost. Most also declare they will NEVER be like their parents but tend to be pretty much cut from the same mold. If this board survives long enough eventual clicks will form and if the friction gets to hot between the clicks some will wander off and form another board. Rinse & repeat as needed.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »

true enough... human beings arent static with ideas or thoughts that never change..

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

true enough... human beings arent static with ideas or thoughts that never change..

I agree that there are rifts within online message boards, and that splitter groups develop.  But I disagree vehemently that what happened to the mother board bore even a faint resemblance to anything that would have occurred naturally, had it not been for a single individual, and the totality of his conduct over a long period of time.

the problem was resolvable in a much less painful way for everyone concerned than 100 people (at last count) walking out the door in disgust.

saying that this last episode was in any way a "natural" event is to fundamentally miss the point, or perhaps intentionally ignore the point.  I'm not getting snitty with you, I just obviously have very a very strong opinion on the subject.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2008, 10:06:35 AM »
^no you're right. It was blatant and done by one person. Much different than the normal "circle of life" you find on internet boards.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2008, 11:11:27 AM »

I agree that there are rifts within online message boards, and that splitter groups develop.  But I disagree vehemently that what happened to the mother board bore even a faint resemblance to anything that would have occurred naturally, had it not been for a single individual, and the totality of his conduct over a long period of time.

the problem was resolvable in a much less painful way for everyone concerned than 100 people (at last count) walking out the door in disgust.

saying that this last episode was in any way a "natural" event is to fundamentally miss the point, or perhaps intentionally ignore the point.  I'm not getting snitty with you, I just obviously have very a very strong opinion on the subject.

Well put.  I saw nonkultur in the Dome thread CW started on Sonna this morning.  He basically said he was staying away because all the hate on the board the last few weeks was bad for his mental health.

Has anyone extended him an invite here?
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
There has been about a dozen Boards spawned off of CU. Currently about 4 or 5 still in existence all the while CU survives. I wouldn't be getting cocky or judgmental just yet.
I'm not concerned in the slightest if CU continues or not.