Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive admits it's all a sham  (Read 2456 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive admits it's all a sham
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:29 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2858399

Oh my.

I came upon this bonfire on Skins's island just by chance, and it's a big one, a barn-burner.

The sparkling husband primitive:

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 02:34 PM
Original message

It . Is . All . A . ****ing . Sham 

Were it not a sham, Congress would be investigating CheneyBush, not some dumb ass meathead of a baseball player.

Were it not a sham, Congress would not underwrite Bush's desire to shield telcos from criminal prosecution.

Were it not a sham, Al Gore would be in the final months of a successful two term presidency and his second term Vice president would be leading in all polling.

Were it not a sham, our Congressional leaders would mount an actual opposition to the cabal.

Were it not a sham, asshats like Slappy and Nino would never have been there to become the models for younger asshats like Alito and Roberts.

Were it not a sham, we'd have presidential primary candidates who we could tell apart by their policies, not their gender, skin color, oratorical prowess, or lack thereof.

Were it not a sham, we would have seen a different outcome of the debacle in Ohio in 2004, particularly in view of the debacle in Florida in 2000.

Were it not a sham, Congress would not have authorized a sociopath to use force against a nation that represented no particular threat except to 'his Daddy'.

Were it not a sham, we would not be burdened by energy policy written by the robber barons of the oil companies.

Were it not a sham, we would be where the entire rest of the industrialized, fully developed world is with respect to our health care.

Every ****ing Day we see it clearer and clearer ...... It . Is . All . A . ****ing . Sham

It looks to me like the sparkling husband primitive didn't get any last night.

Anyway.

It's just enormous; one doesn't know where to begin, so one doesn't try.

By the way, which political party is it, that controls Congress, and conducts the hearings?

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 04:35 PM
Response to Original message

75. Probably the truest post ever. Nice job.

Were it not a sham, we'd have presidential primary candidates who we could tell apart by their policies, not their gender, skin color, oratorical prowess, or lack thereof.

A-****ing men

Man, that's a big bonfire there, consuming the island.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: sparkling husband primitive admits it's all a sham
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:09:35 AM »
90-percent  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 02:39 PM
Response to Original message
13. more 
 Were it not a sham, America would be celbrating Dick Cheney's public hanging by his reproductive organs in the center of the Washington Mall. Garden claw in lieu of meathook, of course.

And this would become a new national holiday to remind future generations of the consequences of fascism.

-90% Jimmy

Here is a classic.... :censored: :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »
How's that Mandate for Change coming Nancy?? :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:14:49 AM »
 :lmao:

I can't believe these people still aren't over the fact that Bush IS and has been legit as the POTUS for the last 7 years, and that hs he has not committed any crime  :rotf: :rotf: They wanted SO bad what happened to Klinton (Clenis) to happen to Bush.

Wanting that doesn't make it so, DUmmies  :rotf:

They are still so polarized and focussed on this, instead of being joyful that they have Congress and they are about to have the WH back within the year  :whatever:

When they win the WH, wtf are they going to have to piss and moan about?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Bondai

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 09:20:36 AM »
:lmao:

I can't believe these people still aren't over the fact that Bush IS and has been legit as the POTUS for the last 7 years, and that hs he has not committed any crime  :rotf: :rotf: They wanted SO bad what happened to Klinton (Clenis) to happen to Bush.

Wanting that doesn't make it so, DUmmies  :rotf:

They are still so polarized and focussed on this, instead of being joyful that they have Congress and they are about to have the WH back within the year  :whatever:

hen they win the WH, wtf are they going to have to piss and moan about?

Everything they aren't whining about now.

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 09:33:22 AM »
One thing I'll agree with the Dummy on...why on earth is congress concerning itself with what happens in baseball and football.  They should be working on things that have to do with the GOVERNMENT.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »
One thing I'll agree with the Dummy on...why on earth is congress concerning itself with what happens in baseball and football.  They should be working on things that have to do with the GOVERNMENT.

They won't get very far with football unless the commissioner allows them to do so. As for baseball, MLB was set up as a governmentally-blessed monopoly. I.e., there can be no competing baseball organization, unlike football with things such as arena football and the XFL. So, MLB falls under anti-trust legislation.

Personally, I think MLB should tell the government to take their monopoly and shove it. I don't think they'll have much competition even when it's allowed.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Bondai

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

They won't get very far with football unless the commissioner allows them to do so. As for baseball, MLB was set up as a governmentally-blessed monopoly. I.e., there can be no competing baseball organization, unlike football with things such as arena football and the XFL. So, MLB falls under anti-trust legislation.

Personally, I think MLB should tell the government to take their monopoly and shove it. I don't think they'll have much competition even when it's allowed.

More baseball is a good thing..... :-)

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »

More baseball is a good thing..... :-)

hell yeah!!

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »
I thought by sham he was going to talk about his "heart attacks". I guess ol' Fred Sanford is going to keep quiet on this one.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »
It must suck to be as miserable all the time as Sparkly's Gelding is.   :bawl:  :loser:

Just Sayin'.   :lmao:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 01:49:12 PM »
Replace sham with alternate reality and the post makes much more sense.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.