Author Topic: Friday.........which means it is Friday.  (Read 9811 times)

Offline 9outof10

• Just Off Probation
  • Big Babboon ass lovin' to Mr. President.
Friday.........which means it is Friday.
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:47:55 AM »
I took the day off to go pick up my new to me cycle. 2003 Suzuki GSX 750f Katana. Private sale. All arraignments made. I have a ride there, cash in hand, bike insured, all systems go.

It is pouring. Storms and thunderstorms all day long.

The best laid plans........

Offline thundley4

Re: Friday.........which means it is Friday.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »
Went to work this morning, took a look around and filled out a vacation request for this week.  Nothing new really, our work ebbs and flows. I just wish we were expecting nicer weather this weekend.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »
More fricken RAIN today.   :censored:

Picking up a couple last minute things for the girl child, then sticking her butt on a plane...she gets to go play in the Florida sunshine for a week...brat.

Suposed to be baseball practice tonight...we'll see.  Either way, I won't be there.  I'll be sitting in Baltimore traffic making my way home.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »
Where the hell am I--New Hampshire, or Seattle?  Cloudy, depressing, misting, and cold this morning.  45 degrees with a flood watch in effect, expected high 50, but I doubt it'll even get that high.

Last day of swings, all I have to do is get through this weekend sans beverages (oh, Lord, help me).
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
It'll be a slow day here at work.  Service & Parts is grilling for lunch today. :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:33:51 AM »
Bacon burger.  Medium rare.  Tomato, onion, dijonaise.

Better yet, skip the last three and just top it with a nice big green chile.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
rainy, cold and yucky and a stomach bug on top of it all. shoot me ;-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 10:45:28 AM »
rainy, cold and yucky and a stomach bug on top of it all. shoot me ;-)
Get better Dixie. Things are settling down here following graduation and putting a new vanity in the bathroom, etc. Still on the kid's brithday roll. Heading out to do a little shopping with my little one. making lasagna tnight. Everyone will enjoy while I bust my ass at a special 90 minute workout.  :bawl: 

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 10:49:49 AM »
It's nice outside right now, but the strong winds are about to pick up!

My day started with a conference call reguarding some work stuff, and a customer issue that I took care of on the fly, but need to make sure someone follows up with the paper work. (It was an insurance claim) Then I was also able to get a few others things off my chest during the call. I feel better.  :-)

Tonight I get the joy of working until 10:30, good times. I 'm glad we have plenty of Percocet in stock, that's is a big seller on Friday nights.  :rotf:

I did get a few hours of overtime this week, my paycheck smiles.

The first week of the month always kicks my ass at work, and yesterday takes the cake. I hate working with lazy people.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »
Yay!  Friday....  :yahoo: :cheerleader: :party: :clap: :rocker: :bouncy: :blowkiss: :II:

I had a helluva workweek.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »
If anyone would like to beat the crap out of a co-worker of mine for me, please let me know.  Someone, who I shall call a vindictive bitch, got all pissy for some strange reason when another co-worker offered to sell me some brand-new Sketchers for $15 (never worn, because they didn't fit her, and she knew I needed new ones after my old Reeboks fell apart in the rain the other day, so she offered them to me... they're so cute! ) so she goes around trash-talking me in front of other colleagues and customers. Most folks looked at her like she'd lost her mind, while a couple of her pals just glared at me.  This is a 60-something year old GRANDMOTHER behaving like a child (whose grandson works here also... he tried to apologize to me for her, but I told him it needs to come from her, not him.  )  She made this comment about me "making out like a bandit" for getting a good deal on the shoes.  :whatever:  Good God lady, it's just a pair of shoes.  We've got more pressing issues in this world, yet your gossip-obsessed mind focuses on the littlest things.  And also, its NONE OF YOUR FRICKIN' BUSINESS!  :hammer:

Okay, my rant is over.  Today was a good day otherwise... I got a little extra money in my paycheck for some reason.  :cheersmate: I'm trying to figure out where the extra $15 came from, because the wage I make, times the hours I worked, don't match what's on the check, even when I figure in the taxes.  :confused:  Not that I'm complaining... just curious.

Also, I got a cute little commemorative Coca Cola glass bottle with my paycheck in honor of the company opening its 1000th store (in St. Augustine... WOOT!  :hyper: ) .  I don't intend to open it.  That's a collector's item! ;)

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »
I hate to rain on everybody's parade, but it's an excellent, a pleasant, day out here in the Sandhills of Nebraska.  A great day, full of sunshine and warmth.

However, big blizzard expected to arrive here in about 24 hours.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 05:05:30 PM »
This day has sucked.

I cleaned my truck and ran errands all day long.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »
Okay, my rant is over.  Today was a good day otherwise... I got a little extra money in my paycheck for some reason.  :cheersmate: I'm trying to figure out where the extra $15 came from, because the wage I make, times the hours I worked, don't match what's on the check, even when I figure in the taxes.  :confused:  Not that I'm complaining... just curious.

The extra money came from the stimulus bill.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
You didn't tell us how the BBQ went, Mia.  Baaaaad girl.  You should be regaling us with tales of bacon wafting through the workplace, and how all were dancing around the fire in primitive fashion, eagerly awaiting the rendering of the porcine goodness.

Either that or it was just lunch.  Whateva.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »
You didn't tell us how the BBQ went, Mia.  Baaaaad girl.  You should be regaling us with tales of bacon wafting through the workplace, and how all were dancing around the fire in primitive fashion, eagerly awaiting the rendering of the porcine goodness.

Either that or it was just lunch.  Whateva.

It was hamburgers, brats, the fixins, chips and cookies.  Oh and soda and Power Ade.  I was disappointed there wasn't any Monster energy drinks, clearly the GM didn't do the shopping.  It was good.  I chatted with a few of the techs, then came back to the building I work in. 
Stink Eye

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »
It was hamburgers, brats, the fixins, chips and cookies.  Oh and soda and Power Ade.  I was disappointed there wasn't any Monster energy drinks, clearly the GM didn't do the shopping.  It was good.  I chatted with a few of the techs, then came back to the building I work in. 

Yeah, I'm sure you were just dying to bust out that Three Olives Cherry Vodka and do a couple of Cherry Bombs with the crew before passing out around 1 PM.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
My boss gave me the day off for my birthday, so I slept in, got a facial, got a massage, and have been doing very little of anything productive  :-)

I'm going to do my taxes this evening.

Offline guest

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
My boss gave me the day off for my birthday, so I slept in, got a facial, got a massage, and have been doing very little of anything productive  :-)

I'm going to do my taxes this evening.

It's nice to have a day off for a birthday. :)

I'd love to get a facial and massage, but I already blew the discretionary portion (set aside most for savings, but some to do whatever the hell I wanted with it) of my tax refund getting highlights and an eyebrow waxing.  :lmao:  153 bucks out the window... I'll wait until my birthday or something.   :p
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:56:02 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »
I need to get my mind out of the gutter...
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
I have to do a little more hunting for junk that is going south with us and then pack up for me, the mancub and the pepper puppy.  I am just tired sore and grouchy.  The drive is about 11-12 hours tomorrow.  With a 7 YO and a 5 month old puppy in the car. :p

Offline debk

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
My deal closed today....closing was to start at 11:30 and normally would have been about 45 minutes....I walked out of the building at 2:15!!!!

Bank was still sending documents at noon. This particular lender is in TX but funds out of Illinois. They do not fund until AFTER the documents are signed....which meant the sellers' closing at 2 was postponed until Monday afternoon! It wasn't pretty. I won't get a commission check until Monday afternoon, which then needs to be processed and go to accounting....I will get my check on Tuesday afternoon. My buyers' are happy even though they won't take possession until the 15th. My checking account will be happy on Tuesday. And the other agent and I are just so glad it finally closed! I came home and slept for 3 hours trying to catch up on all the sleep I've lost the last 3 weeks!

Was rainy again today...tomorrow and part of Sunday are supposed to be nice. Snow flurries predicted for Monday night!  :o

asdf.....my prayers for your sanity go with you! <<<<hugs>>>>
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 08:36:52 PM »
I need to get my mind out of the gutter...

Sadly, my mind is right there with ya.  Knew EXACTLY what you meant as soon as I read it.

I'm such a vile little man sometimes...it's fun, but vile.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »
asdf.....my prayers for your sanity go with you! <<<<hugs>>>>

Thanks.

The Mancub is about as seasoned a traveler as you could hope for. Little dude has been on 14 different plane flights, been to 3 different countries and survived multiple many day car trips.

If the puppy gives me any grief I'll just eject her when we are crossing the Mississippi. :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »
I have to schedule a visit with the eyeball doctor again.  Things are gradually getting worse.  He's in my HMO network, but his partner that does cataracts isn't.  I need to call Aetna during the week to find out what I need to do.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.