Author Topic: Dawn of War 2  (Read 2424 times)

Offline djones520

Dawn of War 2
« on: March 29, 2009, 08:25:42 PM »
This game better kick a lot of ass.  I have to get a new damn video card just to play it.

Anyone else here play it?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Dawn of War 2
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
I agve up on RTS games after playing Orcs & Humans, some MS thing and C & C and realizing they were all the exact same game with different paint jobs. My sons tried to keep me ineterested until he was playing SW: Empires at War and told me, "Yeah, this is like the others" and turned it off in bitter disillusionment.

I've seen DoW on the shelf but haven't found the strength.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:10:24 PM »
From what I'm told they're moving further away from a "building" game and more towards a TDS - "hero" based environment. A friend of mine (a big fan of the DOW series and Warhammer model collector / builder) has a copy but hasn't found time to really play it properly yet. I'll ask him next time I catch up.

I've never really been a much a fan of the DOW series anyway and this game takes all the parts of DOW that I didn't like and magnifies them while working to remove the parts that I did actually like.

MSB is also correct in that RTS games since around about Warcraft II / TA era are pretty much the same, only really improving the graphical content and changing the units about. Very similar to FPS games (which are my "electronic smack"), since the original Quake was released.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »
I agve up on RTS games after playing Orcs & Humans, some MS thing and C & C and realizing they were all the exact same game with different paint jobs. My sons tried to keep me ineterested until he was playing SW: Empires at War and told me, "Yeah, this is like the others" and turned it off in bitter disillusionment.

I've seen DoW on the shelf but haven't found the strength.

Well Snuggs, DOW 2 has blown me away.  Been playing it for 2 days now, and it's like no other RTS I've ever played.  I could spend an hour typing out everything thats awesome with it.

Suffice to say, I've been playing RTS's since the original Warcraft, and I've never seen one like this before.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
Well Snuggs, DOW 2 has blown me away.  Been playing it for 2 days now, and it's like no other RTS I've ever played.  I could spend an hour typing out everything thats awesome with it.

Suffice to say, I've been playing RTS's since the original Warcraft, and I've never seen one like this before.
Alright weatherguy....I might just check that out on your recommendation.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."