Author Topic: large proboscised primitive an evolutionary mistake  (Read 1538 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
large proboscised primitive an evolutionary mistake
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2858071

Oh my.

The primitive with a big honker.

I've been watching the large proboscised primitive for some weeks now, ever since he admitted he looks down upon rural follk.

The more I read the large proboscised primitive, the more I'm convinced he's a mole from the other place.

Cyrano (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 01:29 PM
Original message

Are human beings an evolutionary mistake? 

After a mere handful of millennia of inhabiting this planet, I believe we are still as primitive as we were when we lived in caves and killed each other with clubs.

We’ve advanced in the arts and sciences, but our main accomplishment has been to invent more sophisticated ways in which to kill each other.

The ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans made tremendous strides in the arts and sciences, but also in methods of carrying out war and inflicting death.

Over time came The Crusades, The Inquisition, countless wars of conquest, revolutions and civil wars. And finally came the insane slaughterhouses of WWI and WWII, ending with the dropping of nuclear weapons on cities filled with civilians.

Today, we are called “The most powerful country in the world.” That title has been bestowed on us because of our military might and our nuclear arsenal. However, during the 20th Century, we moved humanity forward scientifically, and with plans such as social security, the minimum wage, the right to unionize, Medicare, Medicaid, the civil rights act, the voting rights act, and so much more. And in the meantime, we also managed to put a man on the moon. Almost all of this was accomplished by progressive people acting int the best interests of human beings.

But for the past few decades, we have seen the return of the Huns of death and destruction, tearing down what was built. It seems that for every step we take forward, we take two, three, or ten backward. Today’s cavemen rule, not with clubs, but with the power of the state. Surveillance, fear, invented threats, the exploitation of ignorance, bigotry and ancient hatreds are their weapons of choice.

Today, we are on the verge of perhaps the most momentous election in our lifetimes. If a Democrat wins, I don’t expect the world to suddenly become sane overnight. But think how many steps backward we would be taking if we lose.

Either way, it will probably be at least a few more centuries before humanity outgrows its love affair with death and destruction. The problem is that we might not have that much time left. So I guess my question is: Is the human species a product of evolution that just didn't work out?

On edit: If the "Intelligence Design (i.e., fundies) are correct, at least we'll have someplace to lay the blame other than ourselves.

Immediately, the potted poetess primitive makes what has to be one of the most absurd comments on Skins's island:

Angela Shelley (1000+ posts)     Wed Feb-13-08 01:54 PM
Response to Original message

2. The population of the USA makes up about 5% of the world´s population.

Most of the world´s population is extremely sane and has already outgrown its love affair with death and destruction.

Say what?

Surprisingly, some primitives disagree with the potted poetess primitive:

Bobbieo  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 02:13 PM
Response to Reply #2

9. Angela- Please tell that to the women of the Middle East and Africa.

DadOf2LittleAngels (749 posts)      Wed Feb-13-08 04:02 PM
Response to Reply #2

27. are you kidding

Tell women / no muslims in the middle east
Political dissidents in China
victims of the Khmer Rouge
Members of Lower Caste in India
Aboriginals in Australia
Minority Tribes in Africa

About the only really stable place in the world is Europe and they own that stability to two things

1) Exhaustion from starting most of the big wars over the past 200 years
2) Built up wealth from raping the world for hundreds of years

The paternally angelic primitive forgets to mention 3) America's been fighting their wars for them.

bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 04:03 PM
Response to Reply #26

28. Humans of all races are pretty much ass holes. 

Americans are certainly assholes as I prove on a regular basis, but I've never seen any evidence that any other race is less asshole-y than the US.

There's more; it's an interesting bonfire.

But one waits in vain for the primitives who disparage humanity, to off themselves, for the greater good of the planet and all animal life thereupon.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: large proboscised primitive an evolutionary mistake
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:30:22 PM »
bryant69  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 03:55 PM
Response to Original message
21. Anybody who answers "No" isn't paying attention 
 And I think it is pessimistic to think it will take a "few more centuries before humanity outgrows its love affair with death and destruction." Surely it would be better if we wiped our miserable race off the face of the earth well before then?

So off yourself already. Every movement has to have a beginning.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 05:19:20 AM »
This reminds me of an argument I used to make how warfare is almost solely responsible for the technological advancement of the human race.

And that Angela person completely shows just how horrible it would be for this country to allow people like Kucinich to run it.  It will allow stupidity that rampant to overrun us all.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 05:38:42 AM »
This reminds me of an argument I used to make how warfare is almost solely responsible for the technological advancement of the human race.

You're absolutely correct, sir; medical advances, commercial and transportation advances, information advances, &c., &c., &c., even climatology, has come about because of military endeavors.

It's sad it has to happen, but that's the way the world is, and there isn't a damned thing the primitives who object to it can do about it.

C'est le vie.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 08:17:10 AM »
"About the only really stable place in the world is Europe and they own that stability to two things:
1) Exhaustion from starting most of the big wars over the past 200 years
2) Built up wealth from raping the world for hundreds of years
"

Wow! Just massive ignorance going on there. Incredible!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 08:19:35 AM »
I know...  they seem to have forgotten about the French riots.  All that crap going on in Denmark with the muhammed pictures.  The terrorism in London and Spain.  He'll it's probably a lot more dangerous in Europe right now then in the US.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."