Author Topic: A tell us about yourself DUmmy thread  (Read 10381 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: A tell us about yourself DUmmy thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »
I guess that's my point too....there are all kinds of sexual acts that are "illegal" happening that we don't know about.

IMO, what happens behind closed door between two consenting adults isn't the business of the government. As for sodomy, I don't remember seeing anything or any law that says "Sodomy between two homosexuals is against the law".

Those laws are out there.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 08:33:51 AM »
I guess that's my point too....there are all kinds of sexual acts that are "illegal" happening that we don't know about.

IMO, what happens behind closed door between two consenting adults isn't the business of the government. As for sodomy, I don't remember seeing anything or any law that says "Sodomy between two homosexuals is against the law".

Those laws are out there.

No, sodomy laws are out there. Laws against sodomy by homosexuals are not. I.e., where sodomy is illegal, it's illegal for all.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »

No, sodomy laws are out there. Laws against sodomy by homosexuals are not. I.e., where sodomy is illegal, it's illegal for all.

Right, I see what you are saying...the law isn't exclusionary to just homosexuals, because heterosexuals are barred from sodomy in the few states where that law still exists.

BTW, I think that law changed in 2003 by the Supreme Court, which was the case that TKay posted (Lawrence v. WhateverItWas). Up until that point in time, there were anti-sodomy laws in 14 states or something. That law changed dramatically due to the influence of homosexual sex and wanting more people to accept it, so the law changed because "the people" wanted it to change., because the law had to change with the times.

This happens, the law changes with "the times", because it is  what certain people want. With that in mind, who is to say that in 20 years, polygamy won't be legalized (after all, the law is discriminating against a religious doctrine) and/or incest won't be legalized? Gay marriage might be legal in most states by then, too.

My point here is that the law can easily be changed with the times based on the fact that more people are doing it, so it is to be accepted and not to be "illegal" anymore. The law isn't a constant.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:50:14 AM by LadyLiberty »
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2008, 09:07:56 AM »
If I liked to eat sh1t sandwiches, it would be my right.  I could eat all the sh1t sandwiches I wanted.  But that still would not be considered normal.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »
If I liked to eat sh1t sandwiches, it would be my right.  I could eat all the sh1t sandwiches I wanted.  But that still would not be considered normal.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Barack Obama

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2008, 09:13:08 AM »
I agree with Rebels comment that the government should not be involved in the marriage business. IMHO the entire problem stems from government meddling, as is often the case. :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2008, 09:16:26 AM »

And I'd be well within my rights to call you a wackjob if you had a "sh!t sandwich awareness march."

Why can't people who have these alternative feelings just live their own lives? Why do they need to be validated by me? Do your thing! Leave me out of it and leave the laws the way they are.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

And I'd be well within my rights to call you a wackjob if you had a "sh!t sandwich awareness march."

Why can't people who have these alternative feelings just live their own lives? Why do they need to be validated by me? Do your thing! Leave me out of it and leave the laws the way they are.
Until you understand the full scope of the human taste buds, you have no right to
disrespect my preference for the taste of a fresh turd on whole wheat.  I swear, the level of intolerance on this board apalls me at times.  I WILL be respected for the sh1t-eater I am.  Anyone who disagrees is a closed minded sh1taphobe.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 10:46:35 AM »
I agree with Rebels comment that the government should not be involved in the marriage business. IMHO the entire problem stems from government meddling, as is often the case. :censored:

No matter how much they try to change things, the nuclear family unit -- 2 parents, one man and one woman and kids -- continues to be the most stable and best way to raise children.  There is a public policy issue in encouraging that stability.  If you don't think such things matter, then I agree with your conclusion -- no more marriage, just property contracts between 2 to n adults of any and/or all sexes.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »

Until you understand the full scope of the human taste buds, you have no right to
disrespect my preference for the taste of a fresh turd on whole wheat.  I swear, the level of intolerance on this board apalls me at times.  I WILL be respected for the sh1t-eater I am.  Anyone who disagrees is a closed minded sh1taphobe.

Not to worry -- I am making you a new sandwich in a few minutes.  Where do I mail it to?

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »

Not to worry -- I am making you a new sandwich in a few minutes.  Where do I mail it to?

Wait about 10 months and send it to:
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington D.C.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
I'm still waitin gfor TiT to show up on this one.  Can't wait to haer what interesting things he's done.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen him around lately?