Author Topic: A tell us about yourself DUmmy thread  (Read 10392 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
A tell us about yourself DUmmy thread
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
Let's see how deep it gets

lionesspriyanka  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 10:41 AM
Original message
Back to Basics Questions (Since there are a lot of newbies now)
 1. What is your first name?

2. How old are you?

3. What is your sexual orientation?

4. Tell us something interesting about yourself

5. Did you go to college/grad school? If so where and what was your major?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Some of the more interesting ones....

Qanisqineq  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-12-08 10:54 AM
Response to Original message
1. .
 1. it starts with a "J" and rhymes with "messy"

2. 34

3. straight female

4. I've lived in Korea for the past 2 years (husband is military). I've named and described over 70 new species of insects and two new genera. I don't know if that's interesting but other than that I am pretty boring. I like cats and have 4. I plan on being the crazy old cat lady some day.

5. B.S.: NDSU, zoology; MS: UIUC, entomology
Hope to return to school for PhD some day, if I'm not too old and busy taking care of my cat collection.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

OK, we believe you. :uhsure:

lionesspriyanka  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 10:58 AM
3. here we go
 1. What is your first name?

priyanka

2. How old are you?

3. What is your sexual orientation?

pansexual

4. Tell us something interesting about yourself

my first vote ever was at 29 for hillary rodham clinton! i left india right before i turned 18 and couldnt vote. i accepted american citizenship last year. i wanted to vote for spitzer but they could find my voter registration etc.

5. Did you go to college/grad school? If so where and what was your major?

nyu--psychology

baruch: ms in industrial organizational psychology

A pansexual? 
Accepted citizenship?  What was she, a blue chip recruit?

ceile (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 11:02 AM
4. .
 1. Starts w/ "E"
2. 32
3. straight
4. my ex step-dad is also my cousin (wrap your head around that one)
5. St. Edward's Univ. BA history w/ German minor

I don't wanna know.
northzax  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 11:18 AM
14. ohhhkayy
 1: Josh
2: 33
3: yes.
4: I have been arrested on 4 continents.
5: colby BA Government/East Asian Studies, Johns Hopkins, MS environmental science

Imagine In Texas  (292 posts)      Tue Feb-12-08 11:24 AM
16. Mine
 Linda

Straight

I work three jobs right now, and just put all of my money in the bank (besides my current living expenses). When I have $50,000 saved, I am going to quit my job, spend six months (approximately) hiking the Appalachain Trail, and then move into an intentional living community.

I have been to several colleges, and still take community classes in various subjects, but I dont have a degree in anything. I was an English/Journalism major. 

Great plan. :whatever:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7461210
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: A tell us about yourself DUmmy thread
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »
Gotta love how question #3 is "sexual orientation."

They're obsessed!  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 12:07:43 PM »
WTF is an "Intentional Living Community"?

Nevermind, it's a f'n commune.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_community

:whatever:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:10:02 PM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »
Yeah, really, wtf is a "pansexual" :???: :???:

And, she also said that she "accepted" US citizenship last year (how arrogant, she sounds JUST like an extremely arrogant, loathsome moonbat from a MIL message board), so how is it that she voted for Hillary when she first ran as a NY Senator?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 01:13:47 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

Leave it to wiki to have the definition...probably submitted by the same DUmmie  :lmao:

It is a synonym for bisexual, so BadCat was right.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline lastparker

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:26:11 PM »
OK....WTF is an "intentional living community" ?????

Maybe Wikipedia knows.

northzax  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 11:18 AM
14. ohhhkayy
 1: Josh
2: 33
3: yes.
4: I have been arrested on 4 continents.

Since he's free to post, I'm guessing South America, Africa and Asia weren't among them.

And an aside to LadyLiberty.... are you thinking of purplerain? bahahahaha
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »

And, she also said that she "accepted" US citizenship last year (how arrogant, she sounds JUST like an extremely arrogant, loathsome moonbat from a MIL message board), so how is it that she voted for Hillary when she first ran as a NY Senator?

I noticed that too LL...instead of US citizenship being an honored privelege that she obtained earerly, she accepted it, almost begrudgingly it sounded like...

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 01:38:20 PM »

And an aside to LadyLiberty.... are you thinking of purplerain? bahahahaha

Damn straight, that's who I'm talking about  :-) Doesn't that sound JUST like her???? I "accepted" US citizenship  :bigbird: Then she goes on to complain about everything that is "wrong" with this country.

I'm keeping my eye on Priyanka.

She says she went to school in NY...TurtleBrain acclaims to live in Cali, but that doesn't mean she didn't go to school in NY.

Barack Obama

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »

Pansexual is someone who will have a relationship with- - men, women, intergender, transfolk, crossdressers. . .etc.

A Bisexual has relationships with - - men, women.

Sometimes it's best to just ask someone instead of Wiki.

*TKay*
(Probably a good someone to ask)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:57:19 PM by TKayOh »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
Pansexual is someone who will have a relationship with- - men, women, intergender, transfolk, crossdressers. . .etc.

Sounds like a fruit to me.

As for the Angry Indian, I get sick and f'n tired of foreigners coming here and bashing this country. I have a simple concept, don't like it, stay the **** home.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »

Sounds like a fruit to me.

As for the Angry Indian, I get sick and f'n tired of foreigners coming here and bashing this country. I have a simple concept, don't like it, stay the **** home.

Yeah... if Lioness doesn't like the US , she CAN be pansexual somewhere else... and see where that gets her.

BUT- - (Being pansexual) more than just being dismissed as a "Fruit".

Sexuality involves more than what is dreamed up in this universe, tellyouwhut.

*TKay*

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »

Yeah... if Lioness doesn't like the US , she CAN be pansexual somewhere else... and see where that gets her.

*TKay*

So if someone decides they want to **** dogs, they're not to be viewed as fruits either? Sorry, cross-dressing, unless it's done theatrically or for humor, is a whacked-out behavior. Intergender? Transfolk? Don't know what the hell that is, unless you're talking about transgendered, and yes, that deviates from normal as well.

Look, I have no problem some girl who wants to get it on with another girl. Nor do I have a problem with a guy and another guy, just keep it out of my face. However, we have to draw the f'n line somewhere and call certain things what they are, f'n whacked out lifestyles that border on a mental illness.

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »

So if someone decides they want to **** dogs, they're not to be viewed as fruits either? Sorry, cross-dressing, unless it's done theatrically or for humor, is a whacked-out behavior. Intergender? Transfolk? Don't know what the hell that is, unless you're talking about transgendered, and yes, that deviates from normal as well.

Look, I have no problem some girl who wants to get it on with another girl. Nor do I have a problem with a guy and another guy, just keep it out of my face. However, we have to draw the f'n line somewhere and call certain things what they are, f'n whacked out lifestyles that border on a mental illness.

Beastiality and Pansexuality are different things, Rebel . . .seriously, get a grip on some logic.

Like I said, there are alot of things about sexuality we as a species don't understand about ourselves. So, unless you know everything there is to know about human sexual behavior, I don't think you're in a position to judge transgendered people as "whacked out".

Some days, I really don't know what is worse. The hypocrisies of the left (Because they call Transfolk crazy too while trying to keep them in line for the latest protest march) or the straight out contempt of the right.

*TKay*

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »
Beastiality and Pansexuality are different things, Rebel . . .seriously, get a grip on some logic.

Like I said, there are alot of things about sexuality we as a species don't understand about ourselves. So, unless you know everything there is to know about human sexual behavior, I don't think you're in a position to judge transgendered people as "whacked out".

Oh, there are many dynamics involved in human sexuality. Just as there are human emotions, human learning abilities, and so forth. However, they're not all normal, and that's what we're talking about here. Normal vs. Abnormal. Homosexuality produces nothing but sexual and emotional satisfaction presumably by the participants and sorry, human life isn't sustained by sexual and emotional satisfaction. For a species to survive, it is instinctive that we breed. Instinctive being what is normal. Hell, someone could tell me they like beating off 20 times a day, and while it brings them satisfaction, it isn't normal.

Some days, I really don't know what is worse. The hypocrisies of the left (Because they call Transfolk crazy too while trying to keep them in line for the latest protest march) or the straight out contempt of the right.
*TKay*

What contempt? I've already stated I do not give a rat's ass about someone's personal lifestyle, but when some tells me it's normal, it's trashing "my" beliefs. It's not contempt on my part, that I assure you. It's contempt on the homosexual's part for trying to force me to believe something that I know is a biological oddity.

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »

Oh, there are many dynamics involved in human sexuality. Just as there are human emotions, human learning abilities, and so forth. However, they're not all normal, and that's what we're talking about here. Normal vs. Abnormal. Homosexuality produces nothing but sexual and emotional satisfaction presumably by the participants and sorry, human life isn't sustained by sexual and emotional satisfaction. For a species to survive, it is instinctive that we breed. Instinctive being what is normal. Hell, someone could tell me they like beating off 20 times a day, and while it brings them satisfaction, it isn't normal.

*TKay*

What contempt? I've already stated I do not give a rat's ass about someone's personal lifestyle, but when some tells me it's normal, it's trashing "my" beliefs. It's not contempt on my part, that I assure you. It's contempt on the homosexual's part for trying to force me to believe something that I know is a biological oddity.

Like I said... until you know everything there is to know about human sexual behavior, you are in no position to judge transfolk as well as others as "whacked out". The spectrum of human sexual behavior is more vast than you think . . .as this point, humanity as a species has more on the "to-do" list than to breed at this point (unless you're a non-Muslim in Continental Europe).

How will respecting someone by not calling them crazy trash your beliefs? How will giving someone the basic human respect they deserve violate your convictions?

*TKay*

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »
Like I said... until you know everything there is to know about human sexual behavior, you are in no position to judge transfolk as well as others as "whacked out". The spectrum of human sexual behavior is more vast than you think . . .as this point, humanity as a species has more on the "to-do" list than to breed at this point (unless you're a non-Muslim in Continental Europe).

How will respecting someone by not calling them crazy trash your beliefs? How will giving someone the basic human respect they deserve violate your convictions?

*TKay*

There are basic elements to sustaining life that don't require a PhD to figure out, TK. Homosexuality isn't one of them. Homosexuality is nothing but sexual and emotional satisfaction for the participants. It is a biological oddity.

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 02:55:43 PM »

*TKay*

There are basic elements to sustaining life that don't require a PhD to figure out, TK. Homosexuality isn't one of them. Homosexuality is nothing but sexual and emotional satisfaction for the participants. It is a biological oddity.

Okay...agree to disagree...

BUT... I asked this question - -to me, this is a very important one.

*TKay*

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »

:rocker2: I HATE that too. They CHOSE to come here for crying out loud. If it was SO bad where they emigrated from, you would think they would be grateful. If they don't like it, they can emigrate their sorry asses right on back.

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 02:58:26 PM »

How would, "Leave me the **** out of it as I do not care about the homosexual lifestyle" violate their convictions?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »

*TKay*

If the FREEDOM for her to be a pansexual is just ONE of the things that brought her here, then she really has NO room to be complaining.

You come here of your own free will, you don't come in and try to mold this place to your standards--you take it or leave it.

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »

*TKay*

I agree, Rebel.

Everyone except for NAMBLA seems to draw the line with pedophiles. That is viewed as sick and deranged. I think incest and beastiality is disgusting as well.

I can "understand" homosexuality, but I just don't understand pedophilia or beastiality.

Barack Obama

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »

How would, "Leave me the **** out of it as I do not care about the homosexual lifestyle" violate their convictions?

You answer mine first, Rebel.

*TKay*

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »

*TKay*

Then why did you tell him to "get a grip on some logic" when he brought up beastiality? Is that "whacked out" to you, it sounds like it was...like you disqualify that as being "accepted", tolerated, and  condoned.

Barack Obama

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »

*TKay*

Then why did you tell him to "get a grip on some logic" when he brought up beastiality? Is that "whacked out" to you, it sounds like it was...like you disqualify that as being "accepted", tolerated, and  condoned.

Consensual sex between two humans isn't the same as sex between a human being and another species.

The animal isn't capable of consent. The human being is.

Consent. . .whether it is the age of consent or a simple "Yes, we may proceed". . .it's a wonderful thing.

*TKay*

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

You answer mine first, Rebel.

*TKay*

My facilities security manager here, a retired CW3, is a lesbian. I give her all the respect she's earned. I do not identify her as a lesbian. I identify her as a retired CW3 and our security officer. So, to answer your question, I do give respect to homosexuals. The ones that don't demand that I respect them for being a damn homosexual. Do you see me demanding respect because I'm a heterosexual? Do you see heterosexual rallies anywhere? Heterosexual parades? The homosexual community is becoming nothing more than another victim group. If they, for the most part, want to be identified by their sexuality alone, why should they not be criticized?