Author Topic: The Fifth Awakening  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The Fifth Awakening
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »
I went to church and we had a guest preacher come preach. He talked about how there is The Fifth Awakening going on. It started in South Korea and has spreaded throughout Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. In the early 20th century, South Korea had almost no Chrisitian and today about 40% is Christian. Five of the ten largest churches in the world are in South Korea, the largest being Yoido Full Gospel Church, which is the largest church in the world. Also, there are many South Korean missionaries worldwide and some even come to America.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Sam Adams

Re: The Fifth Awakening
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:40:01 AM »
I went to church and we had a guest preacher come preach. He talked about how there is The Fifth Awakening going on. It started in South Korea and has spreaded throughout Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. In the early 20th century, South Korea had almost no Chrisitian and today about 40% is Christian. Five of the ten largest churches in the world are in South Korea, the largest being Yoido Full Gospel Church, which is the largest church in the world. Also, there are many South Korean missionaries worldwide and some even come to America.

Interesting. But what/where/when were the other four awakenings?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: The Fifth Awakening
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22:12 PM »
I'm guessing the first one was about 2000 years ago.

:fuelfire:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!