Author Topic: Skins disparages the handicapped, people with speech defects  (Read 3070 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Skins disparages the handicapped, people with speech defects
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:21:55 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2855361

Oh my.

One senses no respect for "diversity" in my fellow alum, in this case, diversity in language.

Isn't that a rather unDemocrat, unliberal, way to be?

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 10:09 PM
Original message

Memo to John McCain: There is no "R" in "Washington" 

Do I have to listen to this guy say "Warshington" over and over for the next nine months? It's like listening to the moron-in-chief say "nukyuler."

It's a highly-entertaining bonfire, with lots and lots of primitive one-liners; well worth reading in the original.

It's not a one-liner, but one is obligated, as usual, to quote Doug's ex-wife:

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 01:14 AM
Response to Original message

16. There's some weirdo kind of loss of language going on.

Politicians can't speak English, let alone pronounce it.

But, there's more. Anchors can't read the language -- Greta who works WJ couldn't pronounce "ostensible" the other day and she has frequent pronunciation catastrophes.

News writers can't compose paragraphs anymore. When I hunt for stories for the ER Daily News, so many of them use sentences as paragraphs. Maybe editors have been outsourced to Mars.

I usually agree with you about the myth of the Golden Age of anything, but holy cow, it's like we're leaking language and there's no fill up in sight.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Skins disparages the handicapped, people with speech defects
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
Man went to war for this country and spent 5 years as a prisoner of war. While I have my disagreements with John McCain, he can pronounce Washington any damn way he pleases, DUmbass.  :censored:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »
Hey assholes. My grandfather fought in WWII and pronounced Washington the same way. Please, exclude a huge section of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland with your bias bs. You morons don't even realize some of your allies in the unions on on the east coast talk like that.  :lmao:

I have no love lost for McCain either, but come on. Mccain's father was in the Navy and I believed stationed in the Maryland, Virginia area so it's not hard to imagine how he acquired an accent.

BTW, when have we ever heard these asswipes make fun of hispanics for their accent or urbanites who speak ebonics? We know the answer to that...equality my sweet ass.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »
Most of my family can't pronounce cities.  I don't know what it is, but my Dad and his brothers all say Warshington, Chicargo, Hawarya, etc.  They're not dumb people, they just talk funny sometimes.  Hell it's the south.  And I love it.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 08:54:17 AM »
Their new hero, carter, was a nukular scientist who pronounced it nukular.

And Warshington is even how many people from Warshington STATE pronounce it.  And skins wants to tell people hoe to pronounce the name of their own home? 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »
Most of my family can't pronounce cities.  I don't know what it is, but my Dad and his brothers all say Warshington, Chicargo, Hawarya, etc.  They're not dumb people, they just talk funny sometimes.  Hell it's the south.  And I love it.

Heck, the ultra-cultured Capt. Picard pronounced the name of his Science Officer as "Dater."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
So, did they have the same problem with JFK calling Cuba, "Cuber"?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »
Hey assholes. My grandfather fought in WWII and pronounced Washington the same way. Please, exclude a huge section of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland with your bias bs. You morons don't even realize some of your allies in the unions on on the east coast talk like that.  :lmao:

I have no love lost for McCain either, but come on. Mccain's father was in the Navy and I believed stationed in the Maryland, Virginia area so it's not hard to imagine how he acquired an accent.

BTW, when have we ever heard these asswipes make fun of hispanics for their accent or urbanites who speak ebonics? We know the answer to that...equality my sweet ass.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

FWIW, how did ol' Jimmah pronounce "nuclear"....that's what I thought.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »
"warshington" is a common colloquial pronunciation. I don't really see what the problem with it is, unless you are working to play the 'Dumb Card' like they have tried to do with The President.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
 I guess the dickSkinner had to throw out some red meat to the inmates. He's been sort of tough on them lately, scolding them on a couple of occasions. This is his way of bonding, by showing that he can crawl down in the gutter and, as frank calls it, "waggle his armpit" right along with The Great Unwashed.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
I guess the dickSkinner had to throw out some red meat to the inmates. He's been sort of tough on them lately, scolding them on a couple of occasions. This is his way of bonding, by showing that he can crawl down in the gutter and, as frank calls it, "waggle his armpit" right along with The Great Unwashed.

That's my thought, too; that my fellow alum was just placating the primitives.

I just couldn't imagine it, when first reading his comments--a good background, a graduate of Yale, a professional Democrat, an all-around nice guy--making fun of people who speak differently than he does.

That is s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o unDemocrat, unliberal, unsociallysensitive.

Not to mention that because of his position (and his background), Skins is, really, more interesting in describing and discussing issues, not personal characteristics.

So, I think yes, my fellow alum doesn't really think this way, but wanted to tantalize the primitives, who do think this way.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »
I suppose the head warden thinks VastTeddy speaks very well?

You would think at some point during 104 years of public speaking the man would have learned about the letter R.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
I suppose the head warden thinks VastTeddy speaks very well?

You would think at some point during 104 years of public speaking the man would have learned about the letter R.
Yes, it is pronounced aww

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »
"I pawked my caw in the rivva."

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 09:35:12 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:Teddy Chappaquiddick Kennedy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

THAT is hilarious.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »
"good thing I am a good swimmaw.  Thats what I told my maw."

Offline lastparker

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

Ahahahahaha
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
 :-) :-) :-)
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS