Author Topic: paypal won't transfer funds to Skins's island  (Read 2517 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
paypal won't transfer funds to Skins's island
« on: February 12, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2853220

Oh my.

A primitive can't figure out PayPal.

jgraz  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 04:22 PM
Original message

**** PAYPAL -- They won't let me donate to DU

I've had it with this PIECE OF SHIT service. They already hosed my on all of my subscriptions and forced me to close my account. Now when I try to give a $100 donation to DU, I get this:

Based on the details of your transaction, you will need to sign up for a PayPal account and add and verify a bank account to complete this payment. Once it is verified, you can return to the merchant's site to initiate this payment again. Please provide the information requested below and click 'Save Information' to sign up.

Of course, even if I would give them my back account information (ha!), there's nothing marked "Save Information" on the ****ing page.

"PayPal - the safer, easier way to pay." My Ass.

I think the grassy primitive has one too many "zeroes" on the alleged contribution.

I bet.

It's a mixed bonfire; about half the primitives insisting PayPal's okay, and the half insisting PayPal's not okay.

And we get this, from an expert on the matter:

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Tue Feb-12-08 05:37 PM
Response to Original message]

39. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired but you can choose to donate via a credit card without ever signing up with them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: paypal won't transfer funds to Skins's island
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
Original message

I've had it with this PIECE OF SHIT service. They already hosed my on all of my subscriptions and forced me to close my account. Now when I try to give a $100 donation to DU, I get this:

Based on the details of your transaction, you will need to sign up for a PayPal account and add and verify a bank account to complete this payment. Once it is verified, you can return to the merchant's site to initiate this payment again. Please provide the information requested below and click 'Save Information' to sign up.

Of course, even if I would give them my back account information (ha!), there's nothing marked "Save Information" on the ******* page.

Does he think that Paypal will work for him without a valid funding source? :thatsright:

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »
They won't let me donate to DU

Truth is that the DUmmie is too stupid to figure it out...it's only so easy an 8 year old could do it.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »
Original message

Of course, even if I would give them my back account information (ha!), there's nothing marked "Save Information" on the ******* page.

Does he think that Paypal will work for him without a valid funding source? :thatsright:

You mean PayPal isn't a money source like, say, FreeCouponsForAll.com is a coupon source?    

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 05:07:58 PM »
How about just sending in a picture of a $100 bill?

Hey, it worked with the hands, right?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »
Original message

You mean PayPal isn't a money source like, say, FreeCouponsForAll.com is a coupon source?    

They have the government to pin that hope on.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »
How about just sending in a picture of a $100 bill?

Hey, it worked with the hands, right?

So good to see  you here  :rotf:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
If the DUmmie is so eager to throw $100 away, and he truly believes in the liberal philosophy, he should just send that money to the IRS.

They take personal checks and/or money orders.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline djones520

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »
Paypal is a wonderful tool.  Being stationed overseas, it's allowed me to manage my bank accounts in the States.  I use it for various ends like ebay, hiring services, etc...

I've not had a single complaint about the service in the years I've used it.  It's extremely easy to use, and I've never had a single fear about the safety of my finances with them.

I think this DUmmy is just an idiot.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »
If the DUmmie is so eager to throw $100 away, and he truly believes in the liberal philosophy, he should just send that money to the IRS.

They take personal checks and/or money orders.

It could also buy two nights at Motel 6 for some poor under-the-bridge family DUmmies seem to always live near.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 05:51:28 AM »

No argument here, except for one thing--why is this DUmmy any different from the rest of the cesspool?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »

No argument here, except for one thing--why is this DUmmy any different from the rest of the cesspool?

Another thing. How come the guy has $100 in discretionary income to spend on DU in this *Shrub economy?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »
Another thing. How come the guy has $100 in discretionary income to spend on DU in this *Shrub economy?

That's always my question, which is why I suspect the gassy primitive added an extra "zero" to the alleged donation.

People homeless, food pantries empty, the price of gasoline skyrocketing, as the primitives so often complain, but then the same primitives minutes later boast about "almost" buying a $500,000 home or their brand-new pick-up truck or their cruise in the Caribbean or all these monstrously-huge "donations" they make to Skins's island or the Democrat party or primitive causes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

That's always my question, which is why I suspect the gassy primitive added an extra "zero" to the alleged donation.

People homeless, food pantries empty, the price of gasoline skyrocketing, as the primitives so often complain, but then the same primitives minutes later boast about "almost" buying a $500,000 home or their brand-new pick-up truck or their cruise in the Caribbean or all these monstrously-huge "donations" they make to Skins's island or the Democrat party or primitive causes.

It seems to me that what they're really boasting about are two things:

1)  The amount of drugs they've done in the past--how else could they imagine such things in this horrible Boooosh economy?

2)  The amount of global warming they're causing, from all of the hot air that they emit in writing/telling these stories.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.