Author Topic: AIG bonuses  (Read 2699 times)

Offline 5412

AIG bonuses
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:20:18 AM »
Hi,

I have a question for all of you?  Are any of you livid that congress is now wanting to tax the money that was paid out to people who EARNED their bonuses?

What really makes me livid is this.  Where the hell are the republicans?  By that I mean this.  WHY THE HELL AREN'T THE REPUBLICANS IN LOCK STEP REMINDING THE AMERICAN PUBLIC THAT THEY HAD NO INPUT TO THE STIMULUS PACKAGE, IT WAS PASSED WITHOUT A SINGLE MEMBER OF CONGRESS EVEN READIND THE DAMN BILL.  WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT??

In other words, the cause of the problem is the libs ramming a bill home that was ill thought out, not read and once again they get a damn free pass not only from the mainstream press but the republicans.

Frustrating to say the least,

Offline thundley4

Re: AIG bonuses
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
The Republicans should be spotlighting the fact that most of this was done behind closed doors, and the Dems are wholly responsible for putting/leaving the bonus portion in the bill. All of this faux outrage is ridiculous, since there was no time to read the bill before voting.

Offline 5412

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »
Hi,

I agree with you, why is it not happening?  The republican party is basically a party to the problem if they do not do their job.

regards,

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:21:09 PM »
Hi,

I agree with you, why is it not happening?  The republican party is basically a party to the problem if they do not do their job.

regards,
It's not happening because joining in the false populist rage against Wall Street is easy and explaining things to a raging mob is near impossible.  And can result in lower poll ratings.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »
The Republicans should be spotlighting the fact that most of this was done behind closed doors, and the Dems are wholly responsible for putting/leaving the bonus portion in the bill. All of this faux outrage is ridiculous, since there was no time to read the bill before voting.

Exactly!

But if the Republicans "spotlight" this was done behind closed doors....they will also have to admit that they not only allowed it....they accepted the secrecy by voting for the bill without reading it....making them just as culpable as the Democrats.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 04:09:40 AM »
Exactly!

But if the Republicans "spotlight" this was done behind closed doors....they will also have to admit that they not only allowed it....they accepted the secrecy by voting for the bill without reading it....making them just as culpable as the Democrats.

The Republicans have some cover on this, they voted against the bill and can claim they did so because there was no chance to read it. (I know there were a few traitorous Republicans that voted for it)

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 10:59:28 AM »
It's almost amusing, but mostly maddening, to watch Congress jumping through hoops to try to fix this issue.  Too bad they're only making it worse and worse.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 06:21:42 PM »
AIG was bailed out FOUR TIMES. They should of never been bailed out. AIG should just hit the pavement hard.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 5412

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
AIG was bailed out FOUR TIMES. They should of never been bailed out. AIG should just hit the pavement hard.

Hi,

I am sure you have all seen who got the largest amount of political contributions from AIG.  I think BO was on top of the list.

As far as the Republicans looking for cover, only three idiot republicans voted for the bail out bill and they should be thrown under the bus by the party anyway.....

regards,

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
Hi,

I am sure you have all seen who got the largest amount of political contributions from AIG.  I think BO was on top of the list.

If not, here it is again:

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000123

Money to Congress: 2008 Cycle
Dems: $452,526
Repubs: $144,792
Independents: $0

Top Recipients
Senate   Obama, Barack   $104,332
Senate   Dodd, Chris   $103,900
Senate   McCain, John   $59,499
Senate   Clinton, Hillary   $37,965
Senate   Baucus, Max   $24,750